DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi
Rep:10
jbravo8 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Brand New 1500 Hemi Key Fob Problem

I purchased a brand new Ram 1500 Hemi yesterday and love it! At the end of the sale yesterday, the salesman let me know there was a "problem with the key fob", and 2 hours later he brought the truck around and said he didn't think it was fixed and they would "e-mail Chrysler" and have me bring it back in. Supposedly they tried to reprogram it yesterday. Bottom line, he was right, it doesn't work rutinely. Sporadic at best, and for a vehicle like this it should be operational. From what I can tell, this is an ongoing problem that has not been fixed. Can anyone provide me with some info as to how to correct and/or what to expect from the dealer now? From what I have read, dealers don't seem to successful in solving the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Sponsored links
Old 06-24-2013, 12:16 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:500
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

That happened to me, but I brought it back to the dealer the next day and they fixed it in like 15 minutes. There are others here who have also had this problem so it is somewhat common, but nothing too serious to worry about.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

haven't had this problem, but others have and is usually an easy fix. no worries.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:56 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
Inferno10 is on a distinguished road

I have had it twice since I bought my truck. Easy fix, pop the FOB apart and re-seat the battery and put it back together.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

What part of the FOB does NOT work

With my '09 Ram, some times the doors won't unlock, but the remote engine start function always works
so i remote start it & then i unlock the doors

sometimes that i notice that if i park up close to a 7/11 store, the doors don't remote unlock, if i park further away, they almost always unlock
there is a LOVES truck stop in Yuma, Az. that it also happens at.
something at those locations is interfering with the roaming frequency search function
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-24-2013, 10:20 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough

Try new batteries, Maybe the ones in the Fob are going dead or defective. Buy the highest grade you find. I think these batts are all Lithium anyways now. You will be amazed what good batteries do for remote control devices.
BTW I am basing this off of years of r/c racing using high dollar radio equipment. A lithium battery will almost double the signal strength vs using an alkaline battery. I could drive my r/c over 300 yards away with zero issues.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:10
Sixtime is on a distinguished road

My salesman told me the same thing on mine I bought a few weeks ago. I took it home with the FOB he gave me and said to come back the next day to get it all get sorted out. I did, and 15 mins later they gave me 2 new FOBs. The funny thing was that I didn't have a single issue with the original one they gave me, so I don't know what the issue was with it. The new ones have worked flawlessly so far.