DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:56
Raminator5280 will become famous soon enough
Default Brightest bulbs?

What would be the brightest bulbs I can use without going to HID? Im looking for a simple plug and play that wouldn't cause any problems.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:07 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raminator5280 View Post
What would be the brightest bulbs I can use without going to HID? Im looking for a simple plug and play that wouldn't cause any problems.

what you get with "so called bright bulbs" be careful and read the fine print, they will always indicate "40% or 50% brigter than comparable halogen bulbs" with a nice * on the end, then you look down the info page at the "*" and it says (compared to worn out halogen bulbs) so in the end, the only thing they will do is you can get bulbs that have a higher light output color, like more white of a color, a 35 watt bulb replaced by a 35 watt bulb is still going to give out 35 watss output. If your going for good Bulbs, I feel PIAA have some very good bulbs, they have always had great products, but they don't come cheap, and as in anything, you pay for what you get, also, do not put in higher wattage bulbs as replacements, some replace there current bulbs with 80watt bulbs and burn out there wiring and sockets.

here is an article about what I am saying

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/do-high-...210841757.html
Old 06-12-2013, 09:39 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

The link below is one of MANY with the same subject line.

A "search" will yield great results as this subject has been discussed more than a few times.

Good luck.

For the record, I'm also a PIAA advocate.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....t=bulb+upgrade

Grub out!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:32 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT-Big Horn
Color: Blue, Sexy Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:66
seanbeckaroo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raminator5280 View Post
For the price of PIAA bulbs, you can buy 2 HID kits for fog and low beams; I doubt you'll ever need the high beams on after that. total price for me, $75. 10x better light output, well worth converting to HID, IMO
Old 06-20-2013, 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Blue
Rep:10
patricklee85 is on a distinguished road

I went with some goofy bulbs with oriental writing on the package off of eBay (yeah, yeah...I know) but I've been very pleased with their performance so far. Much brighter than the factory ones I took out (which I'm sure were aged), much cleaner light with a bit of a blue hue. Can't speak for the life of them yet as I just put them in about a month ago.

They were 5900K 100W WHITE XENON.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbeckaroo View Post
For the price of PIAA bulbs, you can buy 2 HID kits for fog and low beams; I doubt you'll ever need the high beams on after that. total price for me, $75. 10x better light output, well worth converting to HID, IMO
Really?

What brand?

Grub out!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Really?

What brand?
I've used Innovited; they seem to make their own stuff. Another HID company out of Chicago I believe. I have bought all of these things on Amazon, so far, Zero problems other than my own fault of not using a relay on the low beams at first. I used the 4300k, beautiful light. I was not interested in looking cool, only in better light. BTW, the Fogs and low beam light colors match perfect. Here is a list of everything I used, Innovited ships FAST. I had my stuff in 2 days, everything is free shipping. Total I spent, $79.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 06-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:910
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

i considered HID for a long time too, but you can get the daytime running lights to work with HID, a must here in Ontario (not sure about Canada but i suspect its mandatory in all provinces/territiores).

SO, i too am a PIAA advocate.
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post
i considered HID for a long time too, but you can get the daytime running lights to work with HID, a must here in Ontario (not sure about Canada but i suspect its mandatory in all provinces/territiores).

SO, i too am a PIAA advocate.
There are several DRL Capacitor harnesses avaible to work with HID; I too was not going to switch, but after pricing PIAA bulbs, I figured what the hey, might as well try to swap them. Man, I'll NEVER go back to Halogen bulbs, ever! My 4300K fog lights are brighter than my factory bright lights. Living up here in white tail country, HID's are now a must. PIAA are great bulbs, but for the price, and darn near the same amount of work to change them, I went with HID.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:910
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbeckaroo View Post
There are several DRL Capacitor harnesses avaible to work with HID; I too was not going to switch, but after pricing PIAA bulbs, I figured what the hey, might as well try to swap them. Man, I'll NEVER go back to Halogen bulbs, ever! My 4300K fog lights are brighter than my factory bright lights. Living up here in white tail country, HID's are now a must. PIAA are great bulbs, but for the price, and darn near the same amount of work to change them, I went with HID.
good to know man..thanks..

i couldnt get any info when i was considering the switch!

maybe next time i need bulbs!
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!