DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
Should I put tape behind my weathertechs without flares?

Tape cost so little and never hurts to have some, I have flares and did not put any on, if I had to redo it, I might since I have some handy, but the weathertech are rigid and don't seem to move like the OEM Mud guards that contour the outside of the truck so tape is in my opinion not needed but like I said, if I was to redo the mug guard install with my weathertech, as an extra precaution I would probably put a 3m clear tape along the outside of my flares where the mug guard might rub. JMO
Sponsored links
Old 06-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Laramie Crew
Color: Western Brown two tone (Hershey Bar)
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:39
jlc41 is on a distinguished road

I installed weather tech's on my Laramie yesterday. Took about 15 min. Nice ridged plastic.
tint, drop in bed liner, Avs window shades, Raptor bed rails, Dee Zee tail gate damper, Genos cabin air filter, Bak Roll-x cover, Weather tech mud flaps, Recon Xtrem tailgate bar, Moroso catch can, DoMore Slide Step, 5/16 Dual pin stripe, Reese lighted hitch cover, Master lock for hitch receiver, Truxedo bed lites, Hunter SS bull bar, .
Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red/ Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
KnotSerious is on a distinguished road

I just looked at those weathertecs. Looks like I will be ordering them.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

Found hard rubber mud flaps for the Ram 1500 with the RAM Logo at Amazon. Much lower price than on Ebay. I see they have them with the logo molded into the rubber and also with a white ram printed on the flap. OEM and after market available.

Heavy Duty Splash Guards Mopar OEM

Last edited by skytop; 06-27-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 CC Sport 4x2
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
shepcam is on a distinguished road

I just ordered the Ebay ones with the logo. Should be here in a few days. I will report back how they install and fit.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Longhorn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Red
Rep:55
Bruce E will become famous soon enough

The dealer is supposed to be installing mud flaps on my Longhorn when it arrives so it will be interesting to see what kind they put on. I didn't really think to ask them at the time, I just assumed they would be a Mopar mud flap.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:35 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce E View Post
The dealer is supposed to be installing mud flaps on my Longhorn when it arrives so it will be interesting to see what kind they put on. I didn't really think to ask them at the time, I just assumed they would be a Mopar mud flap.

If its these

If you care about your paint and your truck have them pull them off and install clear 3m tape along the area of the truck that they contour, if you don't, in 3 months they will sand down the paint on the side fo the truck they sit on.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:56 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

My front weathertechs move a little more than the backs do. There is dirt behind them already so I wish I had so e tape to put there now. Can someone give me a part number of the tape you used for this? All I seem to find is the door edge guard stuff which I will get eventually also after my wife slammed my door against a brick wall at a gas station soon after getting my 2011! Lol. She was scared to tell me about it so now I have an excuse to buy that stuff.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

Bump for 3m model number or something. I just walked around every square inch of my advance auto and only found clear 3m duct tape which I don't think is right. I would have asked but there's always a line to the one register and I'm not standing in line for 10 minutes trying to hold my 2 year old. Plus some ******* decided to basically push me out of the way because I was blocking a narrow little section with my daughter and he didn't want to go around the little rack. It was either leave or still be in there stomping on his head. Some people are just plain ignorant. If he would have gotten that close to my daughter he would still be gasping for air from me elbowing him in the throat. Me and my daughter were standing in a 3' wide open section between tape and a circle rack. Behind the circle rack is about 5' of open space with no people or anything! Sorry about the rant but I tend to get more easily irritated when its just me and her.

Anyway, what model number tape are you using behind the mud flaps? I know your not using the duct tape on a new truck even if it is clear!! Lol

Last edited by nikeman; 06-29-2013 at 02:01 PM.