DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
fast31 is on a distinguished road
Default GoodYear Wrangler HP

Has anyone had issues with the stock Goodyear Wrangler HP 275 60 20 tires?
My truck has 13000 kms on it and a tire blew out today. Went back and checked the road, nothing on it to cause an issue. Truck was just in for service a couple weeks ago and they rotated the tires and checked the pressure. A coworker had a tire blow out too, his truck only had 4800 kms on it...
Sponsored links
Old 06-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

some have complained about excessive wear. i don't recall many blow outs being posted. so far mine with 27000 miles have been ok in all weather. yours should be covered by a prorated warranty.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:26 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I had no issues as you're describing, but I didn't get great performance out of them either.

I hit a screw in the road, it was in such a location in the tire that they wouldn't plug it, so I ended up buying 4 new tires (I hate tires that don't match). I've found that the Cooper's that I bought are quieter, smoother, have better performance, and look better.

Good luck

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 06-25-2013, 01:45 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: WHITE
Rep:902
oldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to behold

I now have 13K on mine. Seems to be wearing ok, but getting louder all the time. I'll try to get 50K out of them and buy the Cooper Discoverer CTS. Hopefully they will be around as company was sold out to Apollo Tyres Ltd in India a while ago.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

they are garbage, almost killed me twice cuz they are horrible In the rain, do yourself a favor and chuck them
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Wranglers suck if the is any moisture on the road, even new

If you look at the 2013 Rams on the lot of the dealership, you will not see many Wrangler tires
i saw several Rams with the

Goodyear Wrangler® SilentArmor®
Featuring DuPont™ Kevlar® for rugged toughness and a smooth, quiet ride

I also saw other tire brands on my dealerships lot

so there must be other tire options
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-11-2013, 09:39 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram sport crew 4x4
Color: Black
Rep:61
thkbaron will become famous soon enough

I've had my 2011 ram crew cab with these tires for around 2 months now. first time in the snow a couple of days ago. I can't wait to get rid of them. Worst tire I've ever had in the snow. got stuck in 2 inches of snow in 4 wheel drive.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Yup, the consensus on this forum is that these tire suck. With that being said I do have almost 40,000 kms on mine and have rotated them regularly. They do seem to be wearing very well, still lots of tread on them. However they are horrible in the rain and even worse in the slushy crap we call snow.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:23 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

I have near 22000 miles on my HP's and so far ok. I do agree, these tires get the pucker factor on wet roads. I tend to crawl her on turns under highway overpasses due to wet roads being extremely slippery in that type of area. I am leaning on either brand of Continental or Cooper Tires to help in the wet traction department. Had Cooper Zeon LTZ's on a 4x4 Armada and were very impressive on wet, iced roads. This time I just want some good wet grippy highway tires on my Ram. Anything but these Badyears.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Hunter Green Pearl
Rep:10
BlueX6 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2011 Quad with HP's and right rear tire blew a 3 inch gash on the inside sidewall. Just going down the road at 100kph and nothing on the road to hit. Just blew at 17K km.