DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC 5' 7" bed
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
ejb426 is on a distinguished road

Mine does not turn the lights on when I approach. I think there is a setting in the radio that you can turn that off.
Sponsored links
Old 06-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Lonestar SLT
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
Crofoot is on a distinguished road

Further update: Lady with Uconnect called me back after my last post and when I told her what was going on she said she had heard about this problem already. There is a glitch in my radio and it needs an update to correct the problem. My radio is waking up my dash lights. She said I take it to the dealer, or I could download the update myself and apply it. She directed me to the sight and I downloaded update but the update would not take. I tried two more times with two different flash drives, still didn't work. I called Uconnect back on my way to the dealership and they told me the delaership should be able to correct.
Get to the dealership, and they had the same problem with another customer, so they grabbed their flash drive Uconnect sent them and tried to update it. They got the same results I was getting. We called Uconnect together, and the lady we talked to said she had the fix and was sending it to the delaership on a flasn drive.
So now I'm driving around with no radio, no Nav, and no bluetooth until the flash drive arrives. The dealership said last time they overnighted, hopefully they do this time as well.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:57 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Outdoorsman 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black/Grey
Rep:25
Rah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crofoot View Post
Further update: Lady with Uconnect called me back after my last post and when I told her what was going on she said she had heard about this problem already. There is a glitch in my radio and it needs an update to correct the problem. My radio is waking up my dash lights. She said I take it to the dealer, or I could download the update myself and apply it. She directed me to the sight and I downloaded update but the update would not take. I tried two more times with two different flash drives, still didn't work. I called Uconnect back on my way to the dealership and they told me the delaership should be able to correct.
Get to the dealership, and they had the same problem with another customer, so they grabbed their flash drive Uconnect sent them and tried to update it. They got the same results I was getting. We called Uconnect together, and the lady we talked to said she had the fix and was sending it to the delaership on a flasn drive.
So now I'm driving around with no radio, no Nav, and no bluetooth until the flash drive arrives. The dealership said last time they overnighted, hopefully they do this time as well.
Did the radio lose functionality as part of the update that didn't take?

I was going to say you should share the file but I don't want to hurt anything. I'm definitely in the same boat though.

I noticed the lights on and it seemed odd and I found my truck dead one morning. Had to charge the battery for 20 minutes, problem was due to storms I've been without power for a week! Good thing I had a generator nearby....

Last edited by Rah; 06-26-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1543
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Whatever you do, DO NOT update yourself. Some people on here have done that and their dealers have dragged their feet saying THEY screwed up the radio with a "manual" update. Make sure the dealer does so if they screw it up you are covered. Better to be safe then sorry.

What year is this? She couldn't email the file?

My radio issue was the first the local dealer has ever seen. I am glad your dealer is proactive and ordered the part.

As for the lights coming on with the keys in your pocket when you get close, the truck has to be equipped with the Keyless Enter n Go option for that to happen.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Prairie Pearl Coat
Rep:12
Speedogomer is on a distinguished road

I had the same exact problem. Just started a few days ago.

I had done one previous update of my software, a few months ago with the revised update they pushed out. Went back online and found there was a newer update released earlier this month.

Downloaded it, installed it, and now my instrument cluster and evic don't stay lit up all night. Problem solved.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:14 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
. . .As for the lights coming on with the keys in your pocket when you get close, the truck has to be equipped with the Keyless Enter n Go option for that to happen.
It still shouldn't turn the lights on by getting close to it. Although when my Ram is wet such as when I'm washing it, it has been known to do some strange things with the lights turning on and off. I just went out and walked up and down the side of my Ram in my garage with my keys in my pocket and got no such response until I put my hand on the door handle.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Outdoorsman 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black/Grey
Rep:25
Rah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedogomer View Post
I had the same exact problem. Just started a few days ago.

I had done one previous update of my software, a few months ago with the revised update they pushed out. Went back online and found there was a newer update released earlier this month.

Downloaded it, installed it, and now my instrument cluster and evic don't stay lit up all night. Problem solved.
How available are these updates? Does Chrysler publish them somewhere?
Old 06-28-2013, 04:15 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Prairie Pearl Coat
Rep:12
Speedogomer is on a distinguished road

rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

Check for updates here.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Lonestar SLT
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
Crofoot is on a distinguished road

Further update: radio still totally useless along with nav, bluetooth and everything else associated with it. The dealership has been trying to get me a new radio but Star services kept telling dealership they needed radio number. Dealership kept trying to tell Star service they couldn't get the number because radio is dead and offline. Star services finally understood; new radio on the way. Hopefully it gets here Monday, dealership promised they would get me in for replacemtn one way or another once it arrived.
I was lucky, my dealership is understanding but I agree with darth, let the dealership perform the updates and then it's on them. At this point, I do NOT plan to do anymore updates, I will let them.