DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default Did I mess up my tonneau?

I have a tonnopro loroll that I put on this past Saturday. I was supposed to set the torsion bar to the first notch and I could have sworn I did. I just went out there to try to cover a small hole on each corner that's not getting covered by the cover and let's small amounts of water in when it rains and I noticed I had the passenger side in the 2nd notch and the drivers side on the first. I put the one side on the first notch but now that back corner looks a little looser than it was when its latched. It's been on for 4 days in hot weather. Did I stretch out my cover now? Will it shrink back to normal or should I set both sides to the 2nd notch now? They have 3 different settings to adjust for shrinking and expanding due to temperature but being that its been so hot I think its as shrunk up as it will get and it had extra tension on it due to my mistake.

It's my first tonneau cover and I'm not sure how I managed to use the wrong hole. It must have bounced out before I put the nut on the bolt or something.
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 PM

here are some pictures. You can see the one corner is now looser than the other...

Last edited by nikeman; 06-26-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Where.... .....?

Grub out!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:12 PM

refresh. Uploads wouldnt work so I had to use photobucket.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:14 PM

Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

I too have done this in the past.

It stretched back after a while.

Grub out!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:15 PM

good to hear... Its still early in the summer so there will be plenty more HOT days to shrink it up for me! Small things like that drive me crazy!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:17 PM

I hear you.

Where are you located, just out of curiosity as far as the hot sun goes.....?

Grub out!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:19 PM

I'm in Virginia. Its no Florida but its not unusual for 100+ here during the summer.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:29 PM

I'm in RVA so I hear what you're saying.

We've had 90-pus here for three days in a row.

Grub out!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
I'm in RVA so I hear what you're saying.

We've had 90-pus here for three days in a row.
I noticed that right after I responded. I worked in Richmond for almost 3 years. We are getting a little rain right now and a nice cool breeze from what looked like was going to be a storm but never amounted to anything. Maybe the cooler temp and moister combined with the heat of tomorrow will shrink that thing back to normal. Hopefully worst case scenario ill just have to use the middle and 3rd setting.