DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-27-2013, 07:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Two tone Black/Silver
Rep:10
muskybait is on a distinguished road
Default pinion nut continued..

Hi Gang,

I received the 2nd follow-up letter on this recall a few days ago. I called Chrysler Canada to confirm the status of the parts for this fix. They are now available and are currently being shipped to the dealers and have been assigned dealer part numbers, etc..

I called dealer and they were completely oblivious to any of this. Had no idea the part existed, etc..after 20 minutes of checking online, etc they finally found the part and ordered them.

The warranty time estimated for the fix ranges from 30 mins to 6 hours depending on if the nut has been loose and to what extent damage to axle.

According to the letter I received the warranty work does require an inspection of the nut to determine if loose and to what extent. If not loose they are to install a retaining ring. If loose, rear axle reconditioned.

I find it incredible that the dealer would not be aware of the details on this recall. Do they not communicate at all with Chrylser Canada or US.

I received my first letter last fall. My dealer told me, nothing they could do until the part was released. Should they not have at least inspected the nut to determine if it was loose and service accordingly based on first recall?

Is my dealer servce department below standard here..I just get the feeling my guys dropped the ball on this.

Any comments appreciated.

Musky

Last edited by muskybait; 06-27-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 06-27-2013, 11:24 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

you raise a good question about what should be done, inspection" before they have the part, but it seems all dealers are treating this recall the same. "nothing they can do until the parts are available". so, no, your dealer is not below standard on this, but the bar hasn't been set to high on this recall.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:83
Turbovsix will become famous soon enough

I've had two separate dealers rebuild my diff three times due to failure - and neither one of them was aware of the recall after NHTSA announced the investigation (because the recall was supposed to be out end of last year but chrysler delayed it), after the first letters arrived or now. The service managers at these two dealerships should go and decapitate themselves. Idiots. I mean any time I've mentioned this recall they look at me like I'm growing a cigar out of the back of my effing head.