DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:24
hattitude is on a distinguished road

I believe I read somewhere that you would lose the USB function with the aftermarket wiring harness. I'll see if I can locate where I read that.....

When looking at my wiring, there was no USB cable connected to the radio, it was somehow among the wiring harness. Most aftermarket head units have a plug-in USB port if they have that capability. Most wiring adapters usually just connect with the OEM plug for power, speakers, steering wheel buttons, and some NAV functions like parking brake and/or VSS.
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black Gold
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
2013 Ram SXT is on a distinguished road

Well install has been done for a couple of days now. Finally got around to posting some photos. 1st time trying this so here it goes.
It was a time consuming install but well worth the effort. Forgot to snap a pic of the backup cam in action, but for a $35 camera it works great. Compared it to my friends stock cam and there is virtually no difference. Only thing is that my cam is tilted a degree higher. Resolution is great, even in low light. More on the deck after I have had more time with it. So far though pretty impressed. Thanks for looking.

Sorry, having some issues with this. How do I post pics without them going right to my photobucket account?

Last edited by 2013 Ram SXT; 07-30-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 PM

Trim Level: ST/Express
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:113
Billacuda will become famous soon enoughBillacuda will become famous soon enough

Upload them to Imgur.com and create an album, it's drag and drop and free.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:29 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat
Rep:80
Muddy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Ram SXT View Post
Well install has been done for a couple of days now. Finally got around to posting some photos. 1st time trying this so here it goes.
It was a time consuming install but well worth the effort. Forgot to snap a pic of the backup cam in action, but for a $35 camera it works great. Compared it to my friends stock cam and there is virtually no difference. Only thing is that my cam is tilted a degree higher. Resolution is great, even in low light. More on the deck after I have had more time with it. So far though pretty impressed. Thanks for looking.

Sorry, having some issues with this. How do I post pics without them going right to my photobucket account?

At the bottom of the page there is a box for quick reply, at the bottom of that is a button that says go advanced. That will bring up a box to write a reply and below that box is one that says Additional Options. In that box is a place where you can load up pics from your files on your computer. No need to create photo accounts on other websites.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:28 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

subscribe.................
Old 08-02-2013, 08:39 PM

Color: Silver
Rep:73
Campbell402 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
Look on Amazon for kits, purchased mine for $25 on there. Went to 702 Motorings here in town for the harness. And of course the radio was purchased from Crutchfield.
Hey muddy is 702 motoring a good company? I've always gone to ss audio for all my installs and stuff, but that place has changed for the worse with new employees and stuff. 702 motoring also seems to carry a lot of products.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:24 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat
Rep:80
Muddy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campb402 View Post
Hey muddy is 702 motoring a good company? I've always gone to ss audio for all my installs and stuff, but that place has changed for the worse with new employees and stuff. 702 motoring also seems to carry a lot of products.

Yeah they have a lot of inventory, they've always had what I want or need. I haven't used them to do any installs though.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:50 AM

Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black Gold
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
2013 Ram SXT is on a distinguished road
Default System Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campb402 View Post
Look forward to seeing some pics!

I noticed both of you guys are going with pioneer. I am thinking about going with the pioneer AVH-X8500BHS, I was wondering if you guys could give some feedback on your decks after getting them installed. Also as far as the back up cam goes, are you guys going to use the factory location on the tailgate handle for the camera?
Well my review is in for the pioneer head unit. Sorry for taking so long, had tons of stuff on the go and lots of trial runs with different subs. The unit itself is pretty damn good. First of all it looks great, the 4V pre outs send plenty of signal to my amp. The 8 band EQ takes a while to set up but after a few weeks I finally got it dialed in. The touch screen response is so-so , but then again I wasn't expecting lightning speeds from this deck. There are plenty of settings on this unit if you are a bass junkie, loudness, sub level, and DTS which restores your mp3's missing sound. Myself, I pretty much left all of this at 0. More on that later. Watching movies on this is also very nice, not HD but very enjoyable. Tried using the relay trick for the dvd with no success so I just popped a micro switch in the glove box as I wasn't drilling any holes. Color is vibrant and once again there are lots of adjustments for video. The only thing I really don't like is the lack of control from the remote. My old Kenwood remote would access all functions of the deck including music search. Oh well. I changed subs from the one Rockford to 2 Alpine type S. The alpines seem to like the pre-fab boxes, and with my amp only at half, all crossover settings zeroed, they hit pretty damn hard and deep for a sealed enclosure. The polk aduio 6.5 and 6x9's sound amazing. Even with the subs turned off these guys can produce some pretty decent bass. Over all, the sound is clean,and clear. Even my wife who hates it when I add stereos to my vehicle like the sound. Still having issues uploading pics, but will keep trying Cheers!