DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

So they already have lawsuits, complaints about the turbo-Ecoboost, so do more now to TRY to catch up to Ram and Chevy with a big powered V8? Ok,so it may cost say, $40k...when you can get a Ram, 20's, 4 way disc, dual exhaust, HEMI, for $20k, R/T for low $30's? LOL...GL Ford.

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

I would have rather seen it offered with a Coyote HO...same HP as the Boss Mustang. I don't like the sound of the ecoboost and I know it's gonna cost. None the less the 5.0 F150 with the 3.55 gears seems could be fast to me. I built one online for 25k with the 3.23 gears but had to upgrade to XL to get the 3.55 LSD. That's not too bad if you like Ford or if you are a Ford fan. Express Ram is a better buy for the money not to mention I'm a die hard Mopar fan. About the OH cam motors, I like them but I don't like the sound of having to deal with four cams and long timing chain. I had an overhead cam 66 Pontiac 6 cylinder Lemans with a quadrajet 4 bl carb, posi and a close ratio 4 speed when I was a kid and I liked it. So I wouldn't mind them if it was just a double OH cam or even single like my old 6 cylinder. Got to give it to Ford on the 5.0, over cam (not to mention double) results in huge rpm/hp gains and their lower end is by far NO slouch. I have friends with ecoboost trucks but I wouldn't be caught dead owning one. Now if it was a V8 that would be something to think about. Better watch out that they don't ever ecoboost a 5.0, lol. I think Chrysler would be in big trouble. This Tremor truck is going to sell big with Fan fanatics, you can bet on that. You street guys better get ready to muster up everything you have to beat these things cause it's going to get rough.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Cummins 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:326
the persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighemi04 View Post
A. Those turbos will most certainly blow
B. It is already over powered by the R/T
C. Furd Sucks
Dodge fanboy talk. I guess the Hemi has 420 lb ft of torque? No?

And 30k miles on my parent's '11 FX4 Ecoboost without an issue, pulling trailers and being used as a truck. Must be a fluke, huh?

Looks like a great move on Ford's part. The Ecoboost was only available in single cab longbed trucks and up. Anybody who hasn't driven an Ecoboost should.

And before anybody calls me a troll or anything, I had a 2008 and 2011 Ram 1500 as my company truck(s) for my old job. Not a bad truck, but I prefer the Fords. I don't have a hatred of any of the big 3. It just annoys me when people make uneducated and stupid remarks.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:06 PM

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Lariat
Color: Blue-ish
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:118
DRX350 will become famous soon enoughDRX350 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the persuader View Post
Dodge fanboy talk. I guess the Hemi has 420 lb ft of torque? No?

And 30k miles on my parent's '11 FX4 Ecoboost without an issue, pulling trailers and being used as a truck. Must be a fluke, huh?

Looks like a great move on Ford's part. The Ecoboost was only available in single cab longbed trucks and up. Anybody who hasn't driven an Ecoboost should.

And before anybody calls me a troll or anything, I had a 2008 and 2011 Ram 1500 as my company truck(s) for my old job. Not a bad truck, but I prefer the Fords. I don't have a hatred of any of the big 3. It just annoys me when people make uneducated and stupid remarks.
30K is still new, in my book TRUE reliability begins at 100k. GM/Dodge offer 100k guarantees, must be for a reason...

I've built turbo engines and I can tell you that even under minimal load, turbos WILL wear out, and turbo engines fail far sooner than N/A engines.

A majority of my friends are Ford employees, and even they don't trust these ecoboost turds...
Old 06-29-2013, 12:28 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:512
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Overpriced? YES. Ford? I wouldn't own one. But that motor, modded in a short wide will be fast. I heard guys are making 60whp of just tunes... and with higher boost , intake, and DP roughly 100whp. Just what I heard. So yeah.... that in a short wide would be sick. Buut. I wouldn't expect much long term reliability from it, and its a Ford...
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s, Sundown SA8v2, Kicker ZX750.1,BT 964SP, Smoked Tails, 'Dipped 22" Boss 329 on Falken 305/40s, and some LEDs...

RIP- 06 Ram NightRunner QC
Old 06-29-2013, 02:42 AM

Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
the persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRX350 View Post
30K is still new, in my book TRUE reliability begins at 100k. GM/Dodge offer 100k guarantees, must be for a reason...

I've built turbo engines and I can tell you that even under minimal load, turbos WILL wear out, and turbo engines fail far sooner than N/A engines.

A majority of my friends are Ford employees, and even they don't trust these ecoboost turds...
In that case, you better tell the diesel owners and over the road truckers since the turbo technology is no different.

Dodge used to have a 60k mile warranty as well not too long ago, does that mean that all the Dodge vehicles produced before the 100k mile warranty are junk? Dodge offered a lifetime powertrain warranty awhile back, then took it away. That must mean they don't have faith in their new vehicles. See how that works? Sounds stupid.

I know people who have lemon lawed new Dodges. Does that mean that Dodges suck ass? No, there are bad ones in every bunch. Dodges have had rear axle issues and the Hemi's have had timing chain tensioner issues. Ford has had some issues with some Ecoboost's getting moisture in the intercoolers. Again, is that as bad as the rear axle locking up while driving, or a tie rod end failing while driving, both of which are Dodge problems?

Like I said, it's one thing to have an actual basis to call something sub par, it's another to call something junk to based on nothing factual.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:43 AM

Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

life's way too short to be a nutsack tarzan
imho of course I heard that kind of talk when I was driving an M3 for five years, then owning a mustang gt vice versa afterwards. Consider myself a performance enthusiast if anything. I have every intention to own this truck, been waiting on it! I had a 13' ecoboost lariat 4 door that absolutely flew with just a livernois $500 tuner. Didn't jell with it cause it didn't fit my lifestyle, just too big of a truck for getting in the narrow streets of Georgetown for work. That truck stickered for $46k, $39k out the door. For you gents that think you cant get this Tremor out the door for low 30k? LOL. My 13' R/T was stickered at $37k. Out the door was $32k and patiently waiting for a tuner that performs
I'll leave it at that...carry on gents

Last edited by autobred; 06-29-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Lariat
Color: Blue-ish
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:118
DRX350 will become famous soon enoughDRX350 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the persuader View Post
In that case, you better tell the diesel owners and over the road truckers since the turbo technology is no different.

Dodge used to have a 60k mile warranty as well not too long ago, does that mean that all the Dodge vehicles produced before the 100k mile warranty are junk? Dodge offered a lifetime powertrain warranty awhile back, then took it away. That must mean they don't have faith in their new vehicles. See how that works? Sounds stupid.

I know people who have lemon lawed new Dodges. Does that mean that Dodges suck ass? No, there are bad ones in every bunch. Dodges have had rear axle issues and the Hemi's have had timing chain tensioner issues. Ford has had some issues with some Ecoboost's getting moisture in the intercoolers. Again, is that as bad as the rear axle locking up while driving, or a tie rod end failing while driving, both of which are Dodge problems?

Like I said, it's one thing to have an actual basis to call something sub par, it's another to call something junk to based on nothing factual.
he he he... In an earlier post I wrote, turbos on gas engines for a non-race application is a bad idea. Also in an earlier post I wrote, I've built turbo engines, to add, I've been a professional mechanic for 10 years with a specialty in diesel and high performance. I've spent most my life building high performance engines, whether it be professionally or not. Try a twin turbo 540 that lasted 5 years no problems, then also an 1800hp engine that lasted one run (variety).

Fords are good trucks, far and away the best chassis, but the drive trains are crap. V6, V8, V10, they ALL have serious issues that just continue to go unsolved. Their transmissions fail nearly the minute you tow really heavy stuff or even just put big tires, the rear ends in the new F-150 turbo V6 or 5.0/6.2s are way undersized and fail under regular driving. The diesel's injectors constantly screw up, and lets not even get into 6.0/6.4 issues...

In the case of the Ecoboost engines, I've seen on repeated instances; nuked intake valves, blown oil seals on turbo, nuked tranmissions, 3 nuked rear ends since march, and ALL of these trucks were under 120k miles.

To say I am typing without facts is to say you're breathing without air.

I hate getting heated on the internet, but this pissed me off. I never talk out my ass, never had to.

Last edited by DRX350; 06-29-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SRT 10
Trim Level: SRT-10 Nightrunner
Color: Black
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:26
Canviper is on a distinguished road

I think it's good for competition that Ford puts this truck out. It might push Dodge to make another SRT truck, or add power or mods to the R/T. In the end this truck is a good thing. Also anyone buying this truck will be for speed or performance do you really think they care how long there turbo's last. They'll be modding and making them faster right out of the box and voiding there warranties so who cares, that's modern hot rodding for you and I think it's great.
NIGHTRUNNER #167/#400 MODS: K&N CAI, BBK TB, BORLA EXHAUST catless, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, SCT TUNED By Chris Jensen. My album is finally up come check out some pics.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRX350 View Post
he he he... In an earlier post I wrote, turbos on gas engines for a non-race application is a bad idea. Also in an earlier post I wrote, I've built turbo engines, to add, I've been a professional mechanic for 10 years with a specialty in diesel and high performance. I've spent most my life building high performance engines, whether it be professionally or not. Try a twin turbo 540 that lasted 5 years no problems, then also an 1800hp engine that lasted one run (variety).

Fords are good trucks, far and away the best chassis, but the drive trains are crap. V6, V8, V10, they ALL have serious issues that just continue to go unsolved. Their transmissions fail nearly the minute you tow really heavy stuff or even just put big tires, the rear ends in the new F-150 turbo V6 or 5.0/6.2s are way undersized and fail under regular driving. The diesel's injectors constantly screw up, and lets not even get into 6.0/6.4 issues...

In the case of the Ecoboost engines, I've seen on repeated instances; nuked intake valves, blown oil seals on turbo, nuked tranmissions, 3 nuked rear ends since march, and ALL of these trucks were under 120k miles.

To say I am typing without facts is to say you're breathing without air.

I hate getting heated on the internet, but this pissed me off. I never talk out my ass, never had to.
It's not worth arguing with someone on the internet, especially one that refuses to look at the issues with their chosen brand.

A race engine with turbos is completely different than a street driven stock engine. Usually, a race engine is torn down after each pass.

I guess my parent's truck is a fluke since the rear end should have failed the first time it was hooked up to a 10k trailer?

I'll agree with you on the 6.0. My friend's is studded, deleted and is on its 4th oil cooler from Sinister diesel. I didn't realize we were talking about 6.0 Powerstrokes though. But since you brought it up, the 5.9 common rail Cummins is known for injector issues. The 6.7 Cummins has head gasket issues due to the VGT turbo creating monstrous drive pressure. Dodge automatics aren't known for their longevity. Dodge had a recall for tie rod ends coming apart while driving. Hemi timing chain tensioners have failed. Dodge pinion nut problems have caused rear ends to lock up. I personally know a guy who had his drag link come apart while driving, and throw him into oncoming traffic. Have you ever been in a Dodge with death wobble? That's a Dodge issue. ALL brands have issues. Dodge is no different. Your statements are full of embellishment to make yourself feel better about your purchase, for whatever reason.

Anyway, I'm done. And I've learned it's not worth getting mad over a keyboard warrior on the internet, so everything is good on my end.