DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
KSHEMIRAM is on a distinguished road
Default Back at the shop....again!

This weekend all hell broke loose with mine. Driving along and all of a sudden...THUD. Check engine light, Service 4WD light, and Traction Control Light on all at once. Plus, the brake lights stay on as if I were riding the brakes, and the MDS won't kick in. So, it's back at the shop again. A few weeks ago I posted about the dealer saying "it will have to get worse before we fix it". Well, it got worse! We'll see what excuse they come up with this time......
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

If you think your dealership's making excuses, then why don't you find yourself another dealership?

Your dealership's remark "it will have to get worse before we fix it" seems very odd to me... What was the previous problem that made them say this?

Grub out!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142790
Old 07-01-2013, 11:09 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

So your dealership's SM came for a drive with you, clearly heard the noise but said it would have to get worse [in what way is beyond me?] to pinpoint it [I thought he heard it hence able to pinpoint it?] and fix/repair it?

I'll echo what I said earlier: Find yourself another dealership.

Good luck.

Grub out!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

KSHEMIRAM, i can only tell you what i would do, and that is i would have stood by the service counter and called the 800 number right there and asked chrysler why their dealer wont fix until it gets worse.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 2500
Trim Level: big horn
Color: black
Rep:53
skinnysfd will become famous soon enough

im going through the same deal and the customer service people say " because its within our specs!!!" still waiting for an answer get a call everyday saying " your important to us but we still dont have an answer and we will let u know as soon as we find a solution!
2012 RAM 2500 HEMI AFE CAI flowmaster dual exhaust,airlift 5000 bags w/onboard compressor,shaved tailgate,2.5" lift/level tuftruck front springs,bushwacker pocket flares,gear alloy wheels, goodyear duratracs 315/70/17,bd gt hemiplus tuner much more coming
04.5,2006 5.9l cummins
Old 07-03-2013, 07:11 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

When you call customer service be sure to make yourself a (polite) pain in the ass. Be sure that what ever "case manager" is assigned to your claim knows who you are as soon as you identify yourself. The more that you call and talk to them, the less likely they are going to need to refer to a case folder to give you the update that you're requesting.

I made a claim with the clutch on my wife's Chally. As soon as I was assigned a case manager I was in contact with him, then about every days I was calling for an update. After about a week, as soon as I identified myself he knew exactly which case I was talking about, and he was able to provide the (limited) info that he had.

Eventually I had Chrysler send me a check. It didn't cover the entire repair, but I figure a little bit is better than none.

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 07-03-2013, 07:15 AM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 2500
Trim Level: big horn
Color: black
Rep:53
skinnysfd will become famous soon enough

Been doing that for over two weeks her name is jessica and his is dave. I have a case manager and a case manager supervisor I call everyday and they call everydag and nothing yet just " we are working on it we understand your truck is clunking and we are trying to find a answer but since its within our specs corporate has been notified"
2012 RAM 2500 HEMI AFE CAI flowmaster dual exhaust,airlift 5000 bags w/onboard compressor,shaved tailgate,2.5" lift/level tuftruck front springs,bushwacker pocket flares,gear alloy wheels, goodyear duratracs 315/70/17,bd gt hemiplus tuner much more coming
04.5,2006 5.9l cummins
Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

how are you doing op?
Old 07-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Got the truck back before the 4th. Bad brake light sensor caused all the lights to go off and apparently the thud was a quick "braking" when it decided to give out.