DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodg Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:148
JWM59 will become famous soon enoughJWM59 will become famous soon enough
Default Love and Hate

After I got my truck I received a survey from Dodge wanting me to give a rating on just about everything on the truck. I did fill it out but I wish it wasn't like an SAT test. The reason for this thread is that I hope it some how would make its way to the R&D department at Dodge so they can hear how we really feel about our trucks. And they could actually address what we love and hate about them so they can learn from us and build the BEST truck possible.

Having said that I would like to see everyone elaborate the one thing they hate about the truck and the one thing they love the most.

The thing I hate!
Let me start by saying mine is more of a pet peeve and that is one of the reasons I switched to Dodge products from buying Fords. When an auto maker decides to reinvent the wheel on something that works perfect and is not thoroughly tested and are poorly designed. Two examples in my truck in spite of having both of them replaced is constant crackle and poor reception on FM band, and having to constantly adjust my interior rear view mirror. I currently don't have climate control due to a module that went bad that is on back order. As much as that sucks I understand that some things can be defective and that's fine but the under-developed crap really gets me upset.

Thing I love the most!
The ride is simply amazing! I still can't believe how nice this rides for a truck and how quiet the ride is. It's extremely comfortable and tracks straight as an arrow. It seems all the extra weather stripping not only adds to the reduction in noise it also acts as a barrier for not having to detail the door jams and inner flange of doors.

Can't wait to see what your opinions are!
Sponsored links
Old 07-04-2013, 12:24 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Compared to my 99 5.9 Magnum 1/2 ton Ram, my 96 Dakota, my 2006 Titan, 2009 Chevy Tahoe, and my 2010 Armada, and riding in my Pop's 99 3/4ton Cummins, this Ram is the best riding truck I have ever owned. Including the very short ownership of a 2012 FX4 Eco. Don't get me wrong; if you need high payload limits, then leaf springs and solid axles are the way to go, but for towing recreational toys, and daily commuting, The Ram with its coilover and rear coil/shock suspension can't be beat.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Bighorn Edition
Color: Red
Rep:126
wolfman01 will become famous soon enoughwolfman01 will become famous soon enough

They fixed my one rant. Now my question is do I go ahead and trade it in at the one year mark for the Hemi/8speed combo when they are clearing out the lots for the 2014's, or wait for the diesel and get a 30 mpg full size truck.
1995 Tiffin Allegro Bay (46k)
1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra (97k)
Old 07-04-2013, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 4x4 express rcsb
Color: true blue pearl
Rep:101
browndawg will become famous soon enoughbrowndawg will become famous soon enough

I would like to see the awful factory tuning and torque management go out the window other than that ram made my perfect truck
Old 07-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1543
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Gripe: We should be able to turn off the MDS at our discretion. I bought a truck. I know MPG is going to suck

Love: The power.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 07-05-2013, 02:03 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:42
IowaRam is on a distinguished road

Love: power, ride, comfort, quiet cabin, seats, dash, interior as a whole, styling, hood, dual pipes, color matched bumpers, grill, Alpine stereo system, and almost everything else. My cc sport is awesome.

Three small things I hate: antenna is way long and ugly, the windshield washer nozzles on the middle of the hood (should be hidden under the hood), and the backup sensors are ugly as hell (black on a white bumper). Other companies make the sensors the same color as the truck, and smaller.

The positives FAR outweigh the negatives, but you asked.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:29 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i don't own a new Ram, BUT
the RA1 radio has NO Bluetooth, so you answer the phone & get a ticket

none of the 8.4 RA3 or RA4 radios work as advertised, especially the APPS
the on board uconnect is a farce
the 8.4 radios sound like crap in the default mode & when you change from theater mode to something that sounds better, you almost need a hearing aid

The Uconnect microphone should not be placed on the top of the rear view mirror, where it picks up wind noises, & any noise from the climate control fan. It should be placed where they put it on the Jeep, near the headliner on the A pillar

They should immediately get rid of YELP,
YELP does not list a business or even a hospital, if it has a rating of less then 3, even if it the only hospital within 50 miles
Yelp also solicites businesses to pay money to get a good rating

The Powernet architecture was not ready when it was released
batteries are being drained over night

shall i go on ????
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 07-05-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:44 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, i have to continue

the 2013 use Sirius XM, the XM satellites are stationary & there are only 2 of them, they depend on Repeaters & try to find any repeaters north by Montana, Wisconsin, the Dakotas, etc

The new Rams also use SPRINT for the APPS
try finding SPRINT near the northern USA border
SPRINT is not a provider in Canada
basically they were sold a bill of goods, they can't use any APPS

i am sure that i can find more issues

RAM never even offered Astroglide
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 07-05-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:57 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

I need time to think this one through a bit, but right off the top of my head I will go with;

I love the Ramboxes.

I hate the chrome piece around my cup holder console as I swear it is going to blind me and cause me to run off the road.

I also hate that my rearview mirror will not stay seated in one spot. I swear I set it to the right spot almost every time I get into my truck, and by the time my trip is done it has lowered by a few inches.

Did I mention I love the Ramboxes?
Old 07-05-2013, 05:43 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodg Ram
Rep:148
JWM59 will become famous soon enoughJWM59 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaRam View Post
Love: power, ride, comfort, quiet cabin, seats, dash, interior as a whole, styling, hood, dual pipes, color matched bumpers, grill, Alpine stereo system, and almost everything else. My cc sport is awesome.

Three small things I hate: antenna is way long and ugly, the windshield washer nozzles on the middle of the hood (should be hidden under the hood), and the backup sensors are ugly as hell (black on a white bumper). Other companies make the sensors the same color as the truck, and smaller.

The positives FAR outweigh the negatives, but you asked.
I agree, I love my truck also and the intent of this thread is not to bash Dodge but to improve on the things they are doing well at. If at all possible. And also be aware of what we would like to see them change. I'm already in agreement with the first few responses.

Last edited by JWM59; 07-05-2013 at 05:57 AM.