DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Bullys Performance
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Bullys Performance Stop by Bully's Performance for all your Performance, Appearance and Accessories! Helping enthusiasts Mod their Ride is what we do best :). Need to pass mod idea's by or get a Professional opinion? No beating around the bush, no high pressure sales...Just simple honest recommendations and truth from a fellow RAM owner/enthusiast. We will make sure you check out with a smile on your face knowing you made the right decisions on your mods purchase(s)! Stand by us and we will stand by you! Email: sales@bullysperformance.com Phone (USA): 855-432-FAST Phone (Canada): 855-FAST-CA1

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram Truck
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
ZZAAPP is on a distinguished road
Default 5.7 rebuild, will I need a program

I'm rebuilding my 2003 Dodge Ram, HEMI 5.7 engine as a result of a tic noise. Engine is at machine shop getting bored .30 over, heads are being rebuild with 6.1 springs and milled 30 thousandths due slight warp. I'm installing a comp cam rpm range 1500-5500 because I use the truck to tow a boat every now and then. Also the entire valve train, lifters, rockers, push rods are being replaced with heavy duty stuff. I'm getting shorty headers as well.

My question to all you new day engine builders (I'm old school from muscle car era) what programming sys would you recommend with the above improvements. My old engine rebuilds I've done over the years never needed computers to make then right. I know I will need a sys so please advise. Thanks in advance for your time.
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram SLT
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Silver
Rep:12
hemiheaven is on a distinguished road

If you are talking about a tuner?, maybe Diablo. You don't need a whole new "system" if you're referring to the PCM/TCM. Just a custom tune. Can I ask why shorty headers? Just curious.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:46 PM
6.4L HEMI Driver

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 CC 6.4L HEMI
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:58
ShiftJockey will become famous soon enough

You'll need a base tune, which someone can build for you with some info from you on your build, then you can get a more custom tune to suit your needs.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram R/T
Trim Level: RT
Color: Blue Streak Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:18
Cammin Hemi is on a distinguished road

I did almost the same mods with my 04. I would contact Hemifever. He is in our supporting vendor section.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram Truck
Rep:10
ZZAAPP is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks fellas

Thanks for the info. I'm getting my block and heads back in two weeks from the machine shop. I can't wait.

HemiHeaven, I already have a cat back system in place and did not want to redo the entire exhaust with a more conventional header system that I have run on older cars -at least at this point in time. This system bolts up stock to current y-pipe no mods needed. Also, One of my old stock cast iron headers was warped by almost 3/16 to 1/4 of an inch. That would partial explain the rap/noc noise that I was hearing. I was also missing 3 bolts/studs from that side as well. Hopefully the shorties will give it a more distinctive growl with the cam than it already has... I'm ok with the horsepower -just want her to breath and sound a little better than stock. I'm hoping you can here the cam like on the older motors.....

Last edited by ZZAAPP; 04-06-2015 at 09:48 AM. Reason: typo