DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
rroberts6969 is on a distinguished road
Smile Call from Chrysler LLC

Purchased my Laramie last Friday and I don't know if any of you have received a call asking about 10 questions concerning the truck and the dealer ship. I was very surprised that they where concerned if the truck was good and how the service was from the dealer. Don't know if I was upset about both if it would have made any difference but I thought that was very nice to check. Oh yes, everything was excellent and I love the truck and the ride quality,no cabin noise is better than our Mercedes.
Sponsored links
Old 07-06-2013, 01:50 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:26
toober is on a distinguished road

I got the call about 3 days after. I told her the process could have gone smoother and she kept pushing me for actual details, which was annoying in itself. If I had wanted to give more details, I would have. They haven't even prepped my truck yet as I picked it up 30 minutes after the dealership closed because someone was driving it down from another city while I waited. I'm taking it in tomorrow for them to prep/wash it.

Hopefully they can fix the Power Off Delay settings which keep reverting back to 45 seconds no matter how many times I change it to 0 seconds. But it only changes back after an hour or so, not really sure. It works within the 5 minutes I change it.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them to call back after a month & you will give them an evaluation
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 07-06-2013, 07:56 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

I've got that call on every new Dodge I've bought in the last 15 years or so. It was part of Chrysler's Five Star program, which I don't know if Ram is still a part of or not. This might be their own version of it. I'd think all the Mfg's do these follow ups now and even a lot of individual dealers do. The dealer I've been using for service the past five years and the one I have my truck ordered with calls to follow up and ask about my satisfaction every time I buy parts or even have a radiator flushed.

- DAA
Old 07-06-2013, 10:09 AM

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: silver
rroberts6969 is on a distinguished road

Show's everyone how long it's been since I bought a new vehicle,15 years.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: 4x2 Limited CC SB
Color: Bright White
Rep:24
Darwin00537 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by toober View Post
I got the call about 3 days after. I told her the process could have gone smoother and she kept pushing me for actual details, which was annoying in itself. If I had wanted to give more details, I would have. They haven't even prepped my truck yet as I picked it up 30 minutes after the dealership closed because someone was driving it down from another city while I waited. I'm taking it in tomorrow for them to prep/wash it.

Hopefully they can fix the Power Off Delay settings which keep reverting back to 45 seconds no matter how many times I change it to 0 seconds. But it only changes back after an hour or so, not really sure. It works within the 5 minutes I change it.
Ok so as i understand your experience based on how you described it, it sounds like they went out of their way to find a truck you'd be happy with and kept the place open after hours so you could have immediate gratification. That sounds pretty smooth to me.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:42 PM

Trim Level: Tradesman
Rep:26
toober is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin00537 View Post
Ok so as i understand your experience based on how you described it, it sounds like they went out of their way to find a truck you'd be happy with and kept the place open after hours so you could have immediate gratification. That sounds pretty smooth to me.
Yes, that part seemed okay but I would have rather picked it up the next day instead of wasting another 2 hours there. From what they told me, it would have been there by the time we finished doing paperwork an hour earlier.

(not to hijack the thread but since you seem insistent on convincing me of how smooth the process went...here's the process from my point of view till now)
From the beginning: When I got to the dealers, one salesman from the SWARM walks up to car before me and my wife even get out. Then they (at multiple locations) paraded us around many different trucks in 100 degree weather. What's the point of this? I can see the outside of them online in nice cool a/c. This was a waste of time at each dealer until they FINALLY decided to go get some dang keys. Each one averaged out to about 30 minutes doing this for no apparent reason. I would have just walked away if I hadn't needed another vehicle that same week.

I initially told them what monthly payment I wanted, they jacked up the price until I finally agreed to one (which was higher than what I wanted) then they send me to finance who tries to upsell me something, which didn't matter at that point because I couldn't afford anything else to begin with before I stepped into that room. What happened to common sense in this country? After I explained that fact to them before I sign the last of the papers, then they miraculously reduced the price somewhere to where the 'upsell' stuff still fits within the overage it was to when I walked in the room.

Chrysler called me for a followup satisfaction survey a few days ago and since my truck wasn't all fixed up yet (they agreed to switch the chrome for black) said they would call back in another 10 days. This past Saturday they got the chrome issue fixed but they didn't touch the key off issue at all.

So now, the sales guy I've been working with tells me to bring truck in today to look at the (*online documented by others*) problem of radio and dash key off delay time not saving and not turning off when the key is off and doors are opened. I woke up an hour early to get to the service department first thing (with enough time for them to tote me to work). Service guy says he has "never heard of this problem", I have a 2013 folks, there are others out there from almost the past year. Sales guy standing there next to me, and the service manager says he can't get to my truck till wed (today is Monday).

I look at the sales guy who says nothing. I understand it may not be his fault but he should be in a better position for leverage more than the customers are. I set an appointment for Saturday since I am not going to get up an hour early again for this crap nor am I going to leave my truck there for 3 days and have nothing else to drive to work. Note that I was not offered another vehicle at this time like I was between the time I signed the sales paperwork and received my new truck (2 days). I take my keys and leave, getting to work an HOUR EARLY where I get to sit in my truck because the building isn't open for another hour all the while knowing that my brand new truck is not currently being fixed for another week. I am now getting the feeling that Dodge dealerships are just like other manufacturer dealerships out there. I didn't have such conflict issues with the Saturn dealership when I visited them, they did customer service well for every part of the process.

So back on topic.... I coulda sworn the number the Chrysler survey lady called me from was a number that could have been at the local dealership. Maybe each dealer is required to do this or each dealer has their own quality control department/person? I'll try to remember to double check caller id when she calls me again.

Last edited by toober; 07-08-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Black Gold/Silver
Rep:13
Tony Munari is on a distinguished road

I got the call 3 times (before I recieved the truck). They thought it had shipped 3 different times and they said they would call when it was delivered. My question was, how would they know if they think it had been delivered already. NOT REAL SMART ON THEIR END. 3 weeks later no response.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:13 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC 6'4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:30
ss3079 is on a distinguished road

Anyone in Canada get a call?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Trim Level: ST w/SXT pkg
Color: Black Gold Metalic
dparise is on a distinguished road

I haven't had a call, had the truck for 5 weeks now. I am hoping to get a call so I can do a little venting on the good, bad and ugly. Overall it wasn't too bad, but there have been a few little issues.