DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

RP tastes like chicken and Amsoil tastes like protection lol. Here is a read on Amsoil that I stole from Grub.
http://autoengineer.wordpress.com/20...api-licensing/

Last edited by bighemi04; 07-18-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2505
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighemi04 View Post
RP tastes ike chicken and Amsoil tastes like protection lol. Here is a read on Amsoil that I stole from Grub.
http://autoengineer.wordpress.com/20...api-licensing/
Sounds about right.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:26 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

op, check out bob is the oil guy for oil questions, some of those know more about oil than anyone should.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 4x4 Crew Cab sb
Trim Level: Lariat
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:10
Ferguda is on a distinguished road

People take the 15 seconds to listen to the claim but won't take the 15 minutes to listen to the explanation/proof. Research a product and be wary of where the info is coming from. This applies to ALL products/services.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:05 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammedifiknow View Post
use mobil1 or oem fluids. royal purple is junk. Castrol edge? again, breaks down quick! and amsoil? cmon, cut the SH*T! the most overrated oil and fluids on the market and they cost too much. mobil1 was just having a corporate sale at $5 a quart. beat that. I've used them all. nothing beats mobil1. period. used amsoil in Yamaha sled for a season. went back to yamalube and the thing ran way better, like night and day. used amsoil in my Yamaha yz426. ahhh, again, was disappointed. could hear the engine making noises it had never made before. before you say I don't know anything, I have been in this game for years and have had many cars, trucks and toys. would not recommend anything but mobil1. wish I was paid to say this, but i'm not. one of the best race shops in the east mike deez in Seekonk, RI... proof in the pudding. hes dynoed all kinds of autos, and has never seen anything work or produce the constant horsepower that mobil1 does. nuff said.
Royal Purple is junk, huh? Use Mobil 1 instead, huh?

Hmmm......

HERE [in pdf. format] are the results of a test that was performed app. 2008 by an Australian publication [well respected] on OTC oils readily available Down Under. You most probably haven't heard of many brands but RP, M1 and some others are there that you'll know of.

Let me know how the "junk" oil does in comparison to your recommended [beloved] Mobil 1.

Cheers....

Grub out!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:07 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: Flame Red
Rep:103
ajd76 will become famous soon enoughajd76 will become famous soon enough

Powerblock TV shows a similar test. I thought RP tested better because they're a sponsor of the shows, but it looks like there may be something to it...

http://www.powerblocktv.com/two-minu...onal-lubricant
Mopar bed rails, Mopar chrome fuel door, Mopar mud flaps, Mopar door sill protectors, Mopar electronic tailgate lock, Ram LL leather shifter, DeeZee tailgate assist, Access tonneau cover, cabin air filter mod, Magnaflow Y-pipe, & Westin Platinum oval nerf bars.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:12 AM

huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

didn't look at the results, but there is a point of diminishing returns. there may indeed be add protection from RP, but is it needed in a daily driver and is it worth the extra money says the guy who pays extra penzoil ultra. as to their oil filter, oil mfg generally do not mfg oil filters, do not assume that if you decide RP is a great oil that their labeled filter is as good as their oil, do your own research.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Royal Purple manufacturers their own oil filters.

IMHO, nothing on the consumer market compares.

Grub out!
Old 07-21-2013, 12:05 PM

i did not know royal purple set up a factory to mfg oil filters.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram quad cab
Color: white
Rep:24
wascobi is on a distinguished road

from what I've read, rp filters are fully synthetic and are made by champion labs. and seem to rank high in tests.