DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram outdoorsman
Rep:10
muleywannabe is on a distinguished road
Default Any word on 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab delivery dates

I ordered mine on June 12, 2013 and supposedly they are starting the builds today July 22nd. Still no word on the VON website or a VIN being produced and my dealer had no luck either....
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

Oh, so you're the guy who is buying the first 2014 Ram off the line. Please be certain to tell us how it arrived and ran.
Just kidding. I too am wondering what the time interval is between production date/completion and actual shipping.

Since there is so much similarity between the '13 and '14 structure and such, the transition to the new model year should be quite seamless for all involved. I have looked over the '13 forum posts and see there are a number of problem issues the trucks have displayed. I am seriously hoping the '14 will benefit by being version 2.0 and having the firmware bugs, mechanical snags, flaws, defects and recall issues fully resolved.

Last edited by skytop; 07-22-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014
JamesL is on a distinguished road

I am in same boat. Dealer is telling me will ship 8/6 and arrive towards end of month or first of September
Old 07-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram outdoorsman
muleywannabe is on a distinguished road

My dealer said the exact same thing as you did....8/6 ship and delivery end of august
Old 07-22-2013, 06:21 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: 4x2 Limited CC SB
Color: Bright White
Rep:24
Darwin00537 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleywannabe View Post
My dealer said the exact same thing as you did....8/6 ship and delivery end of august
Same story for me as well.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:17 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Watching closely on the start of '14 CC production here too.

I ordered a '13, which is still "scheduled for production". Figure as long as nobody has gotten a VOTS "frame" update on their '14, there is still a chance for my '13 to get built sometime soon.

Once I see any movement on '14 production, I know my '13 ain't gonna happen... If that is how it goes, I would hope those of us with unfilled '13 orders would be first in line. But... From all I have seen, that's not how Ram rolls. Customers can piss up a rope, they'll build them in the order than is most convenient and cost effective for them - and it won't have anything to do with "when" an order was placed, rather with "what" the order was for and where the packages fit in with logistics and efficient running of the line.

And, of course, VOTS, customer service, my dealer, will all find out about it when I tell them - clueless bastards every one of them... Last time I went to the dealer to try and shake a clue out of them, the sales manager told me flat out, he has no more idea than I do when my truck will be built or whether it will be a '13 or a '14. He did tell, me, his best guess, if it ends up getting switched to a '14 I probably won't see it until late Sep. or even into Oct. HIS guess, and he admits that is all it is, because he doesn't believe/trust the dates he gets from Ram any more than I do, trusts them less actually because he is the guy being made to look stupid and having irate customers calling, but anyway, his guess is he won't see any '14s on his lot before mid Sep.

Not saying I'll never buy another Ram. But I dang sure won't ever order another one. If I can't find what I want on the lot, I'll go to the Ford store! Getting a new story every day and if one of them is true the others all have to be lies, dealer/salesman/sales manager won't even return my phone calls anymore etc. Pretty fed up with this "process".

I do sincerely hope all you guys ordering 14's have a more pleasant experience. Or at least a more predicable, honest one.

- DAA
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

some people that factory ordered the 2014 ram have received a VON#
which only means that they received the paperwork & are seeing if they have all the parts to make one

Hopefully you will get the Production Scheduled email soon
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 07-22-2013, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
Oh, so you're the guy who is buying the first 2014 Ram off the line. Please be certain to tell us how it arrived and ran.
Just kidding. I too am wondering what the time interval is between production date/completion and actual shipping.

Since there is so much similarity between the '13 and '14 structure and such, the transition to the new model year should be quite seamless for all involved. I have looked over the '13 forum posts and see there are a number of problem issues the trucks have displayed. I am seriously hoping the '14 will benefit by being version 2.0 and having the firmware bugs, mechanical snags, flaws, defects and recall issues fully resolved.
THAT was exactly the reason I waitied a full year to get a 14 instead of a 13...it wasnt cosmetics....there WERE alot of changes, and i didnt want to buy it the first year, no matter how convinced i was it would be my next newie....mebbe thats all old wives stuff...either way, here i is...."we shall see"..
Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 2014
JamesL is on a distinguished road

DAA......can they switch you to a 14 with out asking you and what about the price increase
Old 07-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Outdoorsman
zinc69 is on a distinguished road

got a VON that i cant use in VOTS, and no VIN yet on my 14 CC