DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express Regular Cab
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Kooker is on a distinguished road

Apstram, I appreciate you sticking with my thread. I'd need to get the high speed correct?
De-Badge, Blacked-out Grill and Tailgate Badges, Blacked-out Headlights and Taillights, Sublime Green G2 Caliper's, Retro-Solution 35w 8,000k HIDs, LED: (Tag Lights, Reverse Lights, Interior Lights), Ground Force 2" Rear Drop, 22" KMC Slide
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2013, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:355
maust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nice

Yes the trucks are high speed the radio from the r/t will work great.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:31 PM

I'm so confused... I called the dealership and the parts guy is only saying the REN models with 5091179 AA, AB, AC, etc will only work with my RAM.

I've been on Ebay looking for a Ram radio but can't find one. There's plenty of jeep, town and country, caliber radios, but no Ram radios for a good price.

My truck has Uconnect and all that. Its a 2012 Ram Express 1500
De-Badge, Blacked-out Grill and Tailgate Badges, Blacked-out Headlights and Taillights, Sublime Green G2 Caliper's, Retro-Solution 35w 8,000k HIDs, LED: (Tag Lights, Reverse Lights, Interior Lights), Ground Force 2" Rear Drop, 22" KMC Slide
Old 07-14-2013, 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:184
bstc00 has a spectacular aura aboutbstc00 has a spectacular aura about

I didn't read through the whole thread. If you are looking for non nav unit I will be taking my mygig out of my truck in the next week or so. I'll run out and find what leaders or on it.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:184
bstc00 has a spectacular aura aboutbstc00 has a spectacular aura about

I have the REN OEM
Old 07-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

this is most of the info on the 2009 - 2012 radios for the RAM trucks
they all have the HIGH SPEED electrical CAN BUS, they will NOT work with a low speed can bus radio

the radios that came in the 2009 - 2012 Ram were
RER or RHR 730n, (navigation by navteq) neither of these need a exterior uconnect module
RHB 430n (navigation by Garmin) needs a exterior uconnect module

exterior uconnect module needed on the rest of the radios
RBZ 430 without navigation
REN 430

RES 130s
RES 130, a different exterior uconnect module is needed with this one, the face of the radio did not even have a phone button

a few of the 2009 - 2012 Jeeps, like the Grand Cherokee also had the High Speed Bus system

removing the 2009 - 2012 Ram radios is simple
made easier if you buy a plastic trim tool from any auto parts store

here are 2 short videos about removing the radio

what the radios mentioned above look like
http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/quality/index.html
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 07-14-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:28 PM

GtYankee, I'm not worried about the removal and installation process, but I appreciate the heads up videos.

Currently, I have the RES model, with unconnect/phone feature, etc.

I don't care for the navigation feature so right now I guess I'm just looking for the REN/RBZ with no navigation with obviously high speed because I have a 2012 Ram Express.

The main thing I'd like to get answers on is what REN/RBZ units from OTHER CARS will be compatible with my truck. For example, APSTRAM took a 2011 unit from a town and country and it worked. But was there any modifications/problems when he switched units?

I'm looking to spend a minimal amount so I'm looking for a good condition unit that still works flawlessly. If I could find a unit that was removed from a new car that's my ideal situation.

According to the dealership parts department that I spoke with today, the only unit that will work with my truck is the P05091179 AA, AB, AC,etc. That can't be right if other people are taking units from other cars besides RAMs
Old 07-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can switch them out from other cars as long as it is a high speed unit. Only certain other Chrysler vehicles are high speed. My 730N radio was pulled from a Jeep and was plug n play into my truck.

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

OK, i was covering all the radios that were OEM for the 4th generation RAM, 2009 - 2012

Now i know that you want either the RBZ or REN high speed canbus

I am going to post a website that has those radios & the applications where they were used
i am not saying to buy from them, you will find them cheaper on eBay, etc., also check this sites own sell/buy section

http://oemautopartsco.com/products/ren-430-mygig-touchscreen-radio-high

http://oemautopartsco.com/collection...tion/products/rbz-430-mygig-touchscreen-radio-high

look out for this radio, it does have the High Speed, but the mounting plates are different than a Rams
http://oemautopartsco.com/collection...lternate-mount
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 07-14-2013 at 07:46 PM.