DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-14-2013, 01:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone from pigeon forge, gatlinburg etc..

Me, my wife, and daughter are headed to Gatlinburg on Monday for a little vacation. I just recently learned that Dollywood was an amusement park and we want to check it out. Any locals here or just anyone that can tell me how to get a discount on the tickets? I live close to bush gardens and I would never pay full price for a ticket there because of all the coupons and discount tickets available almost everywhere. Just looking for local info. Lol

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2013, 01:09 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Unless you live local...good luck. LOL. I go there several times a year (wifes parents live there), and I can tell you, without those coveted "Local Resident Passes" you will pay full price unless military, wounded combat vet, etc.

I reccomend when you get there going to the chamber of commerce and picking up their coupon book. Its several hundred pages of savings and is (i think) $10.

Places to check out that are cool are:

Ober Gatlinburg
The comedy barn
Dollywood

and pretty much anything else in pigeon forge on the main strip, and in gatlinburg as well. Make sure you go see smoky mtn nat'l park if you have time. amazing views!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 07-14-2013, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the reply!! Around here you get coupons for bush gardens on coke cans and pizza boxes! Lol. Does this $10 coupon book have coupons that will save me more than $10 at dollywood? We will check out the park and will be in my new '13 ram! Where is this place located to get the coupon book? What is the compost barn? My daughter is only 2 so we are limited on what we can do. It's all about her, lol. I want to go on a zip line and would love to go white water rafting but I don't think that will happen!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you pickup some moonshine!

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:50 PM
US Army Retired

ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

the comedy barn is good clean stand up comedy show, with dinner included. the book has over $5k in savings, I think its $10 off per ticket at dollywood, so yes, it should pay for itself right there. As far as where, just google the chambers of commerce and you can get the addresses for each city.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 07-14-2013, 11:04 PM

I have a little moonshine already that I make bring with me. Good stuff, strawberry flavor I think. Lol

I will look for that coupon book when I get checked in and everything. Leaving at 6am and its a 7.5-8 hour drive. Got to make it before 4:00 I think since check in time is from 1-4.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:13 AM
US Army Retired

Your hotel may have the same book and check with the hotel. they also give their guests vouchers/coupons because they are partners with the businesses in the area.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500
Color: tequila sunrise
Rep:10
justbilly is on a distinguished road

+1 on the comedy barn and ober Gatlinburg. The little one may like the Dixie stampede more than comedy barn though.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:31 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Silver
Rep:32
davidgcet is on a distinguished road

i just got back from PF/Gatlinburg Friday night. If you plan on going more than 1 day to Dollywood then ante up for the season pass. it saves you about 20.00 a person for the 2nd day. also i think if you enter the park after 3pm then your ticket is still good for the full next day.

we stayed at a Dollywood Cabin, so our tickets were good for the whole week at both Dollywood and Splash country, so i'm just going by memory on whe we first started looking at prices.

Oh, speaking of pricing be prepared for Disney level costs inside the parks. I recommend taking a backpack and sneaking in a few snacks/drinks(they don't check bags) to save a few bucks. Also the Souv cups at dollywood are worth it as you get .99 refills all day. buy 2 for 20.00 and keep filling them up. At Splash they have one cup that gets unlimited free refills all day the day of purchase, or another that gets cheap refills anytime. I don't think these work between parks though.

Lastly, the trolley will take you anywhere you need to go. That was the one drawback to our staying in a cabin is we were about 5 miles out of town and had to drive in daily. Next time we will stay in town and just use the trolley so we don't have to fight traffic nor pay for parking!