DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
pingraldi is on a distinguished road
Default Frustrated Total Load Control (TLC) Owner

pissed off and upset...long story short I spent almost $500 on TLC air bags plus $150 to have installed in order to avoid issues I may introduce. Bags nothin but trouble from day one. Leaked, had to redo airlines 3 times, only to find out the company had bad batch of mis-drilled holes where the valve seats on the bag. Well once I had that fixed up by having to undo the entire system again I left for vacation with my camper only to have bags move, twist and melt to my muffler. Had loaded it with 20 lbs of air to ensure my ride would be safe. Got to campground to find out the above mentioned mess. Fighting for my money back and with no luck so far.

Just purchased Airlift 1000's which were actually my first choice until I saw TLC......which should now be called Total Load of Crap.....dont normally do this but I am stuck with a mess under my truck right now and feel a two year warranty should be exactly that......
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2013, 04:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crewcab
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:248
LeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the TLC system. I have had Airlift 1000's since day 2 of owning my truck......zero issues. Love em!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I would post this in the TLC section if its not already there.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

spoke with TLC today...sending newly designed bags and plates that address my issues..lets hope it works
Old 07-16-2013, 12:01 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

are they picking up the install fee?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingraldi View Post
spoke with TLC today...sending newly designed bags and plates that address my issues..lets hope it works
Make sure the air valve on the bag is nice and tight and no leaks before you install them, they are now on top and hard to check once installed. Had I known I would of Teflon taped them before they went on the truck. Just a heads up
Old 07-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

The install fee is lost. My buddy and I are going to remove the old set and the new ones too.

The valves are indeed an issue as well since they had oversized drill holes. We tackled that with an automotive adhesive/sealant called automotive amazing goop.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

I am so sorry you had these issues. Who have you been working with? Had I known about them, you would have been taken care of right from the start.

I know exactly the design fault you are talking about. I noticed it while testing the system for the first time. I had a hand in the design of the new system and I can assure you it works.

While we can't help you recoup your install fee, I do hope you received your new setup at no cost to you. If not let me know. And thank you for your business. We do appreciate it.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 07-17-2013, 10:44 AM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
I am so sorry you had these issues. Who have you been working with? Had I known about them, you would have been taken care of right from the start.

I know exactly the design fault you are talking about. I noticed it while testing the system for the first time. I had a hand in the design of the new system and I can assure you it works.

While we can't help you recoup your install fee, I do hope you received your new setup at no cost to you. If not let me know. And thank you for your business. We do appreciate it.
ArmyofOne! You are a great asset to this forum, our Ram brothers, and are in keeping with the highest traditions of our United States Military! Oh sorry, must have presented quite a few awards in my days. But serious though bud, thanks for all you do AoO!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

yeah, i would be looking for some kind of help on the install fee even it if meant a rep had to come out and install for op. on the other hand, this is the first complaint i have read about this product. most are happy with it.