DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-16-2013, 06:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 CC/6'4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Copperhead
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
DrCrash is on a distinguished road
Default Consumer Reports calls Ram the truck of the year

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ll-size-pickup
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Isn't it great? I saw this on the morning news, had a smile on my face the entire drive to work this morning.

Found more:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323848804578608172180410736.html?m od=WSJ_business_whatsNews

Here is what it says if you don't have a subscription:

Chrysler's Ram 1500 tops Consumer Reports' pickup ranking - For the first time ever, Chrysler Group LLC's Ram 1500 pickup has topped Consumer Reports' rankings for full-size pickups, a big win for an auto maker that is trying to elevate the image of its truck brand among buyers. The influential product-testing firm said the 2013 Ram 1500 "delivers one of the best rides of any pickup" and has a touch-screen infotainment system that is "one of the best in the business."Consumer Reports also said it is adding the Ram 1500 to its recommended list, based on the reliability of previous versions and the truck's performance in testing. Chrysler recently updated the full-size 1500 pickup for the 2013 model year, giving it a plushier interior, an improved ride and a version that gets top-notch fuel economy with a rating of 25 miles per gallon in highway driving. The truck has already been praised by many other reviewers, and in January was named North American truck of the year by a panel of jurors at the Detroit auto show. The top ranking from Consumer Reports is yet another vote of confidence at a time when Chrysler is trying to gain ground against competitors General Motors Co. and Ford Motor Co. Already, the Ram brand has managed to pick up market share from rivals. Ram sales in the first half of this year were up 23%, according to AutoData Corp. The testing firm's endorsement also comes as Chrysler works to turn around its quality image, which in the past has suffered from poor third-party reviews.The 1500 earned a 78-point score overall on the road test. By comparison, the Toyota Tundra scored 69 and the Ford F-150 received 68 points.

Last edited by Monster5601; 07-16-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:12 AM

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram v6
Trim Level: slt
Color: black
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:22
v6guy is on a distinguished road

Just another bullet in the chamber for my boss who drives a ford. FIST PUMP. Man I love proving him wrong
Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome.

Thanks for posting.

Grub out!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:27 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Meh... I haven't read this one, but have read enough CR stuff on trucks to not really give a crap what they think or have to say about them. Their test and evaluation methods just don't translate to my real world.

I mean, kudos to Ram and all that, but this has zero influence on my personal purchasing decision - either way.

- DAA
Old 07-16-2013, 10:48 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: R/T
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:36
C to the J is on a distinguished road

Yeah well, they also gave TOTY to the Honda Ridgeline in 2006 so I don't really hold their rankings in very high regard.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4wd
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:27
Jrewing is on a distinguished road
Default Great Article

I'm no fan of Consumer Reports, but I'll take some good publicity. I've had my 13 Ram for two weeks, and I can say that I am 100% happy and impressed with my new truck. I never thought I could drive something so nice.
My only complaint is the Sprint service and Yelp on the UConnect. Other than that, it's a winner with me. Now if I could just keep the bugs off of it. Got a stampede bug deflector, but doesn't do a lot of good.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Black Clear Coat
Rep:65
cjgerson will become famous soon enough

I exchanged emails with my contact in RAM today and this is what he had to say regarding this award:

I cannot think of another award that we’d like to have. Never have I worked on a vehicle that has garnered so much praise from the outside world, it’s truly wild.
RetraxOne Tonneau cover, DeeZee tailgate assist, Line-X premium bed liner, Bed Rug Bed Mat, Freedom Tailgate seal, Cabin Air filter, aFe Magnum FORCE Air Intake System, Muffllex DOD18M, AVS Aeroskin Hood Shield, Craven Stubby Antenna, Tinted Windows, AVS In-Channel Vent-visors, AMP Research Black Bed Xtender HD, Hypertech Interceptor, E&G Classics - Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille insert , Lamin-X 3rd brake and fog lights, E&G Classics Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille Insert
Old 07-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:50
Copperhead2013 will become famous soon enough

Thats really cool.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
Meh... I haven't read this one, but have read enough CR stuff on trucks to not really give a crap what they think or have to say about them. Their test and evaluation methods just don't translate to my real world.

I mean, kudos to Ram and all that, but this has zero influence on my personal purchasing decision - either way.

- DAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C to the J View Post
Yeah well, they also gave TOTY to the Honda Ridgeline in 2006 so I don't really hold their rankings in very high regard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrewing View Post
I'm no fan of Consumer Reports, but I'll take some good publicity.
I agree with you all to some point.

We've been CR subscribers for almost 10YRS.

Sometimes they nail itand I whole heartdly agree.

Other times - and often - I'm scratching my head thinking, WTF?!?!

However, you ask any vehicle manufacturer and they'll tell you they would have CR's top ranking and recommendation than any other publication of the sorts.

Congrats to Ram.

Grub out!