DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
14RamSport is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
HI...sane advice...I called a few times and got conflicting info, and boilerplate responses....I got my VIN today...One CS REP didn't know whjat a VON was!!!
I just got my VIN from the dealer today also...he said Ship date is Aug 6th so it should be here the week after!
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Reg Cab 4x2
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Hue1jack is on a distinguished road
Default VON and VIN today

I received my VON and VIN today from my dealer for the 2014 SLT regular cab I ordered the end of June. He expects to see it mid to late August.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14RamSport View Post
I just got my VIN from the dealer today also...he said Ship date is Aug 6th so it should be here the week after!
this is fascinating stuff...I actually ordered mine at the dealership 6/28...when did you order yours? and you say you got the VIN at the dealer..did you get an email from DODGE as well??/ thanx...
Old 07-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again

there are some would be 2013 Ram owners, that got that same letter back in March
They are now under the Doctors care, they are not allowed to take their own Xanax, it has to be administered by a very large ex wrestler. Besides that, the straight jacket that they have to wear is quite restricting

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 07-18-2013, 02:58 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Here we go again

there are some would be 2013 Ram owners, that got that same letter back in March
They are now under the Doctors care, they are not allowed to take their own Xanax, it has to be administered by a very large ex wrestler. Besides that, the straight jacket that they have to wear is quite restricting

thanks....thats what i needed to hear!!...sooo...if/when i get the thang, i guess i should deny it...and complain...make other folks feel good, the ol misery luvs company thing.... heheheheheh
Old 07-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the people running the operation will have a little better handle on it for 2014
at least better than they did for 2013
last year, think that they were trying to be funnier then Bill Engvall
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 07-19-2013, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Here we go again

I've had a VIN for my 2013 for months. It hasn't gone to frame yet. I've completely given up on even bothering to talk to CS or my dealer. None of them know anything. The info they do get/can see via their tracking system, is simply not correct. My order still shows a projected build date of 6/22. Almost a month ago, but it actually hasn't even been started yet. It also shows a projected delivery date of 8/1. Which, could still happen I suppose, but gets far less likely with every passing day.

Supposedly, the plant shut down has already happened. But one of the members got a VOTS update on his 2013 showing that it went into production this week. So, apparently, they are still building 2013's after the shut down. If the shut down really did happen. Which nobody I've talked to can either confirm or disprove.

I know nothing... But I have to think, if they are going to start building non RC 1500 2014's on schedule, which would be on Monday, they better get my '13 order going pretty soon. Like, today?

Like I said, I know nothing... Guessing that either I'm not actually going to get a '13, or, production of 14's isn't going to be starting on time...

And hey, who knows, I have not actually checked yet this morning - maybe I'll have some news from VOTS today about my truck .

- DAA
Old 07-19-2013, 09:30 AM

Vehicle: 2014
JamesL is on a distinguished road

I would be mad as hell and would looking at a different brand
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i would be asking my deposit and how to get it back.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver
14RamSport is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
this is fascinating stuff...I actually ordered mine at the dealership 6/28...when did you order yours? and you say you got the VIN at the dealer..did you get an email from DODGE as well??/ thanx...
I ordered it on the 10th of June, I did receive the email from Dodge.