DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 07-22-2013, 07:03 AM
bstc00's Avatar
bstc00 bstc00 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MI
Age: 29
Posts: 709
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:184
bstc00 has a spectacular aura aboutbstc00 has a spectacular aura about
Default

If to are going to go with the SA-12 then you need an amp that has at lest 1500 rms
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #12  
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 AM
boomer boomer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Eastern Minnesota
Age: 29
Posts: 141
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500 quadcab 4x4
Trim Level: bighorn
Color: white
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:20
boomer is on a distinguished road
Default

Depends on where you want to mount it. Digital amps have a smaller footprint but are more $. If you have small children go with 10"s, if not 12"s Louder is always better you can always turn it down . If you go with 12"s you will be limited as to which ones you can fit because the boxes will narrow on the bottom to fit the way our underseat is. Magnet size varies greatly in brands, but a genral rule is more watt rating = bigger magnet and louder bass.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:59 AM
bstc00's Avatar
bstc00 bstc00 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MI
Age: 29
Posts: 709
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:184
bstc00 has a spectacular aura aboutbstc00 has a spectacular aura about
Default

If it was me I would forget the 12 SA and go with one of sundowns z 10. They run 1500 rms then you would not worry about the sub fitting in both sides.
__________________

Last edited by bstc00; 07-22-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-22-2013, 09:29 AM
FeedMetal's Avatar
FeedMetal FeedMetal is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 22
Posts: 473
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 2
Rep:83
FeedMetal will become famous soon enough
Default

if your worried about space look into shallow mount subs. can pick up a pioneer premier shallow mount 12" sub with like 400rms for about 200. will kick out 1500 watts max that with say a 1200 watt amp and your laughing. i would add a power cap tho. helps keep the constant drop in power from putting a load on your battery.

its really simple to run the wire too. just pull it right through a rubber in the firewall. and run it along the bottom of the doors under the molding. make sure the ground is on bare clean metal tho, thats a must!


http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...-SW3001S2%7CS4
sub^^^
__________________
'13 Sport Crew Cab / Hemi / 6-Speed / 3.55 / Anti-Spin - aFe Stage II CAI - MF 14" Muffler - BP 87mm TB - BP Catch Can
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-22-2013, 10:44 AM
IBEWSteve IBEWSteve is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Age: 27
Posts: 91
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
IBEWSteve is on a distinguished road
Default

The boxes for the 10" Duals by NetAudio and the Fox box, both require no modding as far as I know. The 12" Dual boxes require spacers and such. I like the idea of the NetAudio stuff being fully custom and it not covering the cup holders or taking up any unnecessary space. The Fox Box gets tons or hype but it is a little bulky and made of plastic. I don't know if this matters.

I'm not concerned with space since this truck has so many compartments and such. I think that if I do the 12" subs, I would have the ability to fold the seats down so I would mount the amp to the back wall. If I do the 10"s, then I don't know. I don't like the idea of under the front seat, so maybe there'd be space under the rear bench. Someone on here mentioned that is what they have done.

Any suggestions on boxes between those 2 options? Will the sundown 10's or 12's sound good in a sealed box? I think I would do a 2000W Amp.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 PM
autokraftgt autokraftgt is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nebraska
Posts: 334
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 2500
Trim Level: big horn
Color: grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:31
autokraftgt is on a distinguished road
Default

first off, I would add the 5/8" spacers (make them yourself) to raise the seat just so you can flip the backs forward and install your subwoofer amp on the back wall...regardless of subwoofer size that you choose.

From what I have read, you should run two 10's sealed in a netaudio box...fox is a close 2nd place. Two 10's have more cone area than one 12 so you will have more output from the pair of tens...sealed vs sealed. Sealed and ported both have their pros and cons but that's another story. Due to limited air space, I would run the tens sealed and give them a good dose of power to over come what output you will lose going sealed versus ported. Sundown makes great woofers, but they are def geared towards SPL. Iam not saying an SA8,10,or 12 wont have good SQ, because they can...but that solely depends on the box. Even sundown will say their more SPL oriented. Now if that's what you're looking for, than buy some.

As someone has already said, it comes down to what you want and what your goals are, and what type of music you like to listen to. There are a handful of subs I would run before the SA's if SQ was my goal.

And for the record, a pair of 8's will rattle your truck and play all the way down to 20hz as long as the enclosure is designed for those 8's. And 12's can be just as punchy as 8's as long as you know what you are doing when designing a box.
I hate that stigma....12's are boomy and sloppy versus 8's.....total B.S.!
Decide what subs you want, then figure out the power needs
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-22-2013, 03:42 PM
IBEWSteve IBEWSteve is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Age: 27
Posts: 91
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
IBEWSteve is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autokraftgt View Post
first off, I would add the 5/8" spacers (make them yourself) to raise the seat just so you can flip the backs forward and install your subwoofer amp on the back wall...regardless of subwoofer size that you choose.

From what I have read, you should run two 10's sealed in a netaudio box...fox is a close 2nd place. Two 10's have more cone area than one 12 so you will have more output from the pair of tens...sealed vs sealed. Sealed and ported both have their pros and cons but that's another story. Due to limited air space, I would run the tens sealed and give them a good dose of power to over come what output you will lose going sealed versus ported. Sundown makes great woofers, but they are def geared towards SPL. Iam not saying an SA8,10,or 12 wont have good SQ, because they can...but that solely depends on the box. Even sundown will say their more SPL oriented. Now if that's what you're looking for, than buy some.

As someone has already said, it comes down to what you want and what your goals are, and what type of music you like to listen to. There are a handful of subs I would run before the SA's if SQ was my goal.

And for the record, a pair of 8's will rattle your truck and play all the way down to 20hz as long as the enclosure is designed for those 8's. And 12's can be just as punchy as 8's as long as you know what you are doing when designing a box.
I hate that stigma....12's are boomy and sloppy versus 8's.....total B.S.!
Decide what subs you want, then figure out the power needs
What subs would you recommend that would be great for SQ in the $200 or less range, in a dual 10" or 12" sealed setup?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM
knobert's Avatar
knobert knobert is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 86
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:38
knobert is on a distinguished road
Default

I would go with and autotuba from BFM, built it yourself and blow the windows out.

See http://billfitzmaurice.net/autotuba.html

you will thank yourself later
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM
autokraftgt autokraftgt is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nebraska
Posts: 334
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 2500
Trim Level: big horn
Color: grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:31
autokraftgt is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBEWSteve View Post
What subs would you recommend that would be great for SQ in the $200 or less range, in a dual 10" or 12" sealed setup?
Oh man... Here's a short list
Image Dynamics idq's or idmax
Fi Q's
Dayton HF's
TC Sounds
RE Audio
Seas L26's
CSS SDX10/12's
Arc Audio (i run their BLACK series... Two 12's)
Alpine Type R's can be very musical too, depends on box
All these manufacturers steer more towards the musical aspect of sub design.
They all sound different too
Im a huge fan of Arc Audio & Image Dynamics. They will get LOUD too!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-22-2013, 06:08 PM
IBEWSteve IBEWSteve is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Age: 27
Posts: 91
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
IBEWSteve is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autokraftgt View Post
Oh man... Here's a short list
Image Dynamics idq's or idmax
Fi Q's
Dayton HF's
TC Sounds
RE Audio
Seas L26's
CSS SDX10/12's
Arc Audio (i run their BLACK series... Two 12's)
Alpine Type R's can be very musical too, depends on box
All these manufacturers steer more towards the musical aspect of sub design.
They all sound different too
Im a huge fan of Arc Audio & Image Dynamics. They will get LOUD too!
I think I have seen your pics on here, you've got the fox box right? I dont recall if it was ported or sealed, but do you have any vids of it now that you've got the Arcs in there?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
audio install, sa 10, sa 8, subwoofer, sundown

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum