DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
IBEWSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythyone View Post
Also on the sub voice coils are you planing on wiring to .5 or 2 ohm? If .5 I would suggest beefing up your elect system as well. Otherwise look at getting d4 subs and wire down to 1 ohm, but I would still suggest some elect upgrades to keep the amp happy.
I am going to do 2ohms on the D2's. I know I could get more out of them with a ported box, but sealed is going to be more in line with what I am looking for in an upgrade. I want to strike a balance between SPL and SQ. That said, I want 12's for the ease at lower tones, with the option to always turn the levels down. I am going to use a 1/0 gauge kit, and if all sounds good I will pull the trigger on that Sundown 1500 Amp.

I have been in contact with NetAudio and the box has been ordered.
The 2 Sa 12's have been ordered.

I just need to find a wiring kit and the amp.
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2013, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:184
bstc00 has a spectacular aura aboutbstc00 has a spectacular aura about

Any update on your build?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:54 AM

Ive got everytbing I need except the NetAudio box

He says im #12 on the list and 3-4 weeks is the approx waiting time. That was about a week ago and I ordered it July 25th.

I ended up with 2a SA 1210s subs, a 1500watt sundown amp ready for 2ohm, a kicker 0 gauge kit, the Pac 35 loc and a NetAudio box.

If i read the amp guide right, 2 subs @2ohm will actually end up with like 830w a piece. Interesting.

Waiting is killing me.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBEWSteve View Post

He says im #12 on the list and 3-4 weeks is the approx waiting time. That was about a week ago and I ordered it July 25th.

I ended up with 2a SA 1210s subs, a 1500watt sundown amp ready for 2ohm, a kicker 0 gauge kit, the Pac 35 loc and a NetAudio box.

If i read the amp guide right, 2 subs @2ohm will actually end up with like 830w a piece. Interesting.

Waiting is killing me.
Good to here.

Yes the sundown saz 1500 amp is rated at 1500rms for 1 ohm.

I here you on the wait for the box. I ordered my box back in June and he still hasn't started the build on it.

Cant wait to see it.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:73
Campbell402 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Waiting is killing me.
Sorry if this has been posted. I read this thread before just didn't reread it. What electrical upgrades are you doing. I was planning on running the same sub/amp combo and was curious if our trucks can handle the power?

I know it's going to be awhile, but would like some input when it's finished. I am on the fence about the netaudio box vs the fox box because of most people saying these subs are better ported. Thanks for the help, hope your box gets to you quicker than expected.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: ST Express
Elitecrewman is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear the SA 12's will fit in the NetAudio box. I'll be ordering a single 10" sealed box and will be running a Kicker IX1000.5 amp with the sub. Still trying to decide what door speakers I want. I've got a pair of Kicker 6x9's I bought for my 280Z, but might end up using them on the rear doors for the truck.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campb402 View Post
Sorry if this has been posted. I read this thread before just didn't reread it. What electrical upgrades are you doing. I was planning on running the same sub/amp combo and was curious if our trucks can handle the power?

I know it's going to be awhile, but would like some input when it's finished. I am on the fence about the netaudio box vs the fox box because of most people saying these subs are better ported. Thanks for the help, hope your box gets to you quicker than expected.
I have seen a lot of builds go one way or the other with electrical upgrades. I know there are some guys on here who run more power than what I am going to do and they haven't upgraded the internals; however, I have seen a couple of guys who want to absolutely be sure, and they upgrade the electrical.

I am opting not to upgrade the electricals as of right now. I don't plan on kicking the crap out of the subs... at first, anyways, but from what I have seen and heard, I think I will be fine. Power issues was part of the reason why I chose 2 ohm load instead of 1, or the craaaaazy .5

I opted for NetAudio because Paul took the time to ask me what Subs I was using and what my goals were. He can make you a cookie cutter box with 1 cubic foot of breathing space etc. I was concerned about the whole "these subs sound better ported" issue, but I know what kind of bass I like and I like sealed. Paul and I worked out a configuration that he thinks will work with the 2 SA 12s sealed.

I haven't seen much bad stuff about the Fox Box other than tongue in cheek compliments like "Its not bad for a pre fab," but what it comes down to is what you want. I personally think both boxes look pretty good, and if you sound proof the Fox Box a little bit, add the spacers for the 12" subs, then it probably sounds and performs well. That said, I bet the same is true for the Net Audio. The selling point for me was that Paul was making this box specifically for me, for what I said I wanted. I didn't know about this crazy wait time though.

Sounds like I won't have anything installed till damn near Halloween...
Old 08-17-2013, 07:07 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4X4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:27
StoneyWV is on a distinguished road

IBEW,
Once you get your box from Paul, take a look at someone's Fox box and you will better understand the awesome decision you made Really is no comparison. Paul makes an awesome product, and stands behind making sure your happy.

If you go to Sundowns website and check their online dealers you will find the best deal on the amp, and it will be covered under warranty.
2010 QC ST, 5.7L, 4.10 Gear Swap, 5100 Leveling Shocks at 1.7", K&N Drop-in, Pioneer U310BT, 12" Dayton/Net Audio Sub, JL Components, ARC Audio Amps, Magnaflow 14 inch, Granite Alloys sporting 34" BFG T/A KO, HID conversion full blackout.

Last edited by StoneyWV; 08-17-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:16 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:73
Campbell402 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I have seen a lot of builds go one way or the other with electrical upgrades. I know there are some guys on here who run more power than what I am going to do and they haven't upgraded the internals; however, I have seen a couple of guys who want to absolutely be sure, and they upgrade the electrical.

I am opting not to upgrade the electricals as of right now. I don't plan on kicking the crap out of the subs... at first, anyways, but from what I have seen and heard, I think I will be fine. Power issues was part of the reason why I chose 2 ohm load instead of 1, or the craaaaazy .5

I opted for NetAudio because Paul took the time to ask me what Subs I was using and what my goals were. He can make you a cookie cutter box with 1 cubic foot of breathing space etc. I was concerned about the whole "these subs sound better ported" issue, but I know what kind of bass I like and I like sealed. Paul and I worked out a configuration that he thinks will work with the 2 SA 12s sealed.

I haven't seen much bad stuff about the Fox Box other than tongue in cheek compliments like "Its not bad for a pre fab," but what it comes down to is what you want. I personally think both boxes look pretty good, and if you sound proof the Fox Box a little bit, add the spacers for the 12" subs, then it probably sounds and performs well. That said, I bet the same is true for the Net Audio. The selling point for me was that Paul was making this box specifically for me, for what I said I wanted. I didn't know about this crazy wait time though.

Sounds like I won't have anything installed till damn near Halloween...
Thanks for your input, much appreciated. I think I will go with netaudio as well. I've always had ported boxes pushing a lot of power, but I'm going to change things up a little bit. I wont be doing mine till around January so I look forward to seeing your review when everything is installed.

Also, I was thinking about the sa1500 amp like you purchased, do you think the 800 some watts you said each sub would be getting is to much? I know when sealed, subs can handle more and I've heard these are underrated, but I'm just looking for some more input.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:00 PM

Because he is only running the subs at 2 ohm he will only be getting 800 rms total for both of the subs. THe 1500 is if you are to run the subs a 1 ohm

Last edited by bstc00; 08-18-2013 at 05:44 PM.