DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:33
MOFOGO is on a distinguished road
Default 4th. Gen.SHAKER HOOD UPDATE

The ups truck just dropped off a Danko shaker hood kit, originally for a Dodge Magnum. This WILL be installed on my 2012 Express RCSB, even if I have to just cut the hole and install the bubble to the bottom of the hood, making it a FAKER-SHAKER! Hopefully I'll be able to install the whole kit, as designed, to the engine. Or maybe to the top of my Vararam Airgrabber. But I don't know if the up-right throttle body and the engine set-back, as opposed to the Magnum lay-out will allow that. We'll see. Either way, I'll still get the look I'm after. And if all else fails, I do have a 2013 Charger R/T that this kit WILL fit. Pics. will follow soon.
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: Ram
Rep:13
BoldAdventure is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to those pics.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:40 PM

Looks like I'll not only have to "fake it", but I will probably have to do away with the vararam. Either way, I'm still going to install it. It'll still look correct as long as the hood is closed. Can't see any way else, what with the engine set-back, plus the up-right throttle body. Hopefully this will be completed with-in the next two or three weeks.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 SPORT 5.7L
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: DARK CHERRY
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
rathesupreme is on a distinguished road

Awesome! Can't wait to see it on one of our trucks! I have the Danko shaker on my charger and love the looks and the power increase!
Old 07-31-2014, 02:51 PM

To backtrack a little from my last post, I think I have figured out a way to mount this thing to the engine, like it's supposed to be, instead of just mounting it to the hood. At least in MY mind I think I have! Going to have to custom fab a bracket set-up, also will have to figure out the mounting height for said bracket. Like I said, I THINK I have it pretty much figured out. We'll know more after Tuesday.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Black Clear Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:65
cjgerson will become famous soon enough

Very cool project. Subscribed!
RetraxOne Tonneau cover, DeeZee tailgate assist, Line-X premium bed liner, Bed Rug Bed Mat, Freedom Tailgate seal, Cabin Air filter, aFe Magnum FORCE Air Intake System, Muffllex DOD18M, AVS Aeroskin Hood Shield, Craven Stubby Antenna, Tinted Windows, AVS In-Channel Vent-visors, AMP Research Black Bed Xtender HD, Hypertech Interceptor, E&G Classics - Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille insert , Lamin-X 3rd brake and fog lights, E&G Classics Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille Insert
Old 08-03-2014, 08:16 PM

I had a chance to get under the hood this afternoon with a tape measure, and I see no reason not to continue with this project. As I thought all along, I WILL have to fab a custom base for the bubble, but it IS going to work. And it will be a true shaker, attached to the engine. It will also get air to the throttle body directly from the shaker bubble, with a filter encased inside the bubble. So I have been trying to work all this out, along with trying to foresee any problems before they crop up. (yeah, we all know how that usually works out). And I've pretty much figured out how to get the correct height. I'll get with my buddy (CO-CONSPIRATOR) and finalize the details and materials list on Tuesday. After that it's just a matter of getting up the nerve to cut the hood. And Away We Go------!!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:25
jharrram13 is on a distinguished road

isn't a true shaker hood molded up a little bit around the hole? I thought they had that to help keep rain from just running right in the engine compartment. None the less I would love a true shaker hood for mine.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrram13 View Post
isn't a true shaker hood molded up a little bit around the hole? I thought they had that to help keep rain from just running right in the engine compartment. None the less I would love a true shaker hood for mine.
There's a trim ring that surrounds the hole in the hood. And the base under the bubble has drains with hose attached to direct any water away from the engine. Check out the Danko website for a whole bunch of pictures and all the tech data and info. Hopefully I'll get this done in the next couple of weeks. Had to take a break today, the Wife reminded me this morning that today is our wedding anniversary! Just kidding, after 43 years I'd BETTER remember what today is, especially if I want to receive my allowance for this month!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:364
spoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nice

All the best to you man! Measure that hood- bite yer lip and pull the trigger on the saw. It will all be good!