DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman Edition
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jtf1967 is on a distinguished road
Default stock tune

I have a bullydog gt on my 2011 ram and pulled it of to update and forgot to return to stock tune first now I have a code 260 and it says stock file corrupt. Can anyone help with this or do I just have to wait till Monday to call tech support.
Sponsored links
Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

What software version were you running before the update and what software version are you running now?

If you have the files for the previous software version I would update your tuner back to that version and reinstall it in the truck and see what happens.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 07-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Just pickup the latest file update off there website and update the truck, you can always get the stock file from BD next week, they keep them on file. Also it is not necessary to go back to stock prior to an update.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Just pickup the latest file update off there website and update the truck, you can always get the stock file from BD next week, they keep them on file. Also it is not necessary to go back to stock prior to an update.
Not necessarily true. Some updates you do have to go back to stock before updating your tuner. It depends on how much of the software has changed. If any of the first 3 numbers change it needs to be returned to stock For example if it goes from 3.1.4.2 to 3.4.1.3 then you do not need to return it back to stock. But if it goes from 3.1.4.2 to 3.1.5.2 then you do need to return it to stock.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Old 07-21-2013, 06:12 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Not necessarily true. Some updates you do have to go back to stock before updating your tuner. It depends on how much of the software has changed. If any of the first 3 numbers change it needs to be returned to stock For example if it goes from 3.1.4.2 to 3.4.1.3 then you do not need to return it back to stock. But if it goes from 3.1.4.2 to 3.1.5.2 then you do need to return it to stock.
Cool, I was told by BD about 3 weeks ago that its not necessary to go back to stock for an update, I asked any update, they said, it don't matter, and if you loose your stock, they have them in case. Thats what I was told, and believe me I asked "are you sure" he said yup, But mistakes happen to anyone and maybe he was a new dude, maybe he was on meds, don't know, maybe you can double confirm this with them.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Cool, I was told by BD about 3 weeks ago that its not necessary to go back to stock for an update, I asked any update, they said, it don't matter, and if you loose your stock, they have them in case. Thats what I was told, and believe me I asked "are you sure" he said yup, But mistakes happen to anyone and maybe he was a new dude, maybe he was on meds, don't know, maybe you can double confirm this with them.
Hmmm, interesting. That's not what I've been told by them or what I read in the instruction booklet. Next time I talk to them I'll bring it up and see what they say.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Hmmm, interesting. That's not what I've been told by them or what I read in the instruction booklet. Next time I talk to them I'll bring it up and see what they say.

Cool, let me know what they say, I spoke to a dude called Kevin, I look forward to hearing what you get as a response, I hate being told something and then it ends up not true, I will email the dude right now anyways, get it in writing.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman Edition
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jtf1967 is on a distinguished road

right now my tuner won't let me download anything. all I get is error code 206 and it tells me that stock tune is corrupt and need to call tech.