DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-01-2013, 02:21 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Here are some pictures I snapped quickly with my phone of the sway bar links. The tilted side of the link goes on the top allowing the bottom of the link to tilt back towards the inside of the truck to where it mounts on the bottom control arm. The bolt on the top of the link goes in from the side meaning the bolt on the bottom of the link goes in from the front. This will be clarified in the pictures. You will also see what I mean about the links being too long. I took a quick picture from the side showing the angle of the sway bar. It's tilted up sitting at normal ride height. IMO it should be tilted slightly down because of the added lift from the Bilsteins. That's why I'm still not convinced they're correct. I can only imagine how much of an angle the sway bar would be at with just the stock struts and the RCX lift.

I've attached the last couple posts pertaining to this sway bar link issue below for easy reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Update regarding the sway bar links:

I finally got under there to see what I could do to make the sway bar links that RCX sent me work. I ended up having to jack up the truck all the way to get the control arms dropped as far as possible and the pry the sway bar up quite a ways in order to get the links in. It took a bit of thinking to actually get them sitting in there properly and at the right angle. But they're in! I'm still not convinced they're correct as they are still too long and that's even with my 1.4" extra lift from the Bilsteins. Rough Country definitely needs to get under there and take some proper measurements to get the links built properly.

I can post some pictures later on if anyone is interested in seeing how I got them sitting in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly @ BP View Post
Yes Pls post.
I'm trying to get the other 2 to post it as well.
Mind you they had a shop install it.
But I have spoken to RCX and told them they need to up their instructions
Quote:
I'll snap some pictures when I leave work and hopefully have a chance to post them later tonight otherwise tomorrow morning.

Good instructions would definitely help. Because mount on the link is at an angle there's about 4 different ways each link could go in. It took me the most amount of time just to figure out how it was supposed to go. But like I said, even at that the links are still too long IMO. You'll see on the pictures...
Quote:
This is why I tried to get pics for you too. But they have yet to send me pics. I guess they are too busy enjoying their lift. Lol

From what I heard. Those sways are better than the older ones as seen in pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckWild09 View Post
Holy damnnn looks awesome man!!! Interest in seeing pics too of links cause im gonna be putting on my 6" rcx on in 2 weeks
Thanks BuckWild09! Just added the pictures above in this post (which I'm sure you saw if you're reading this). Hopefully those help you out with your install. Feel free to ask any other question you may have regarding the kit.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2013, 02:27 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Also, somewhat unrelated to the lift but still having to do with the whole set up of it... This is what I dealt with this morning

I still have no idea what did it but I'm thinking it must have been a chunk of steel that I somehow missed going down the highway. I heard it hit, the TPMS light came on immediately (I have it set to with my tuner), I pulled over to the side of they highway and found the air rushing out of a 2" long slit in my tire. Went completely flat in about a minute. I ended up having to call my dad to drive out a half hour to where I was with a jack and some tools. We took it off and brought it to a local shop and they managed to patch it but it's still iffy to me. It's holding air no problem, I just don't know how I feel about the patch yet. Out of all the tires I've ever ran on vehicles these are the ones I never thought I'd have a blow out with Wrecking my brand new tire definitely didn't make my morning very good....

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

What specific part number do I need for the front bilsteins to help level out my 6" lift.
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 08-01-2013, 10:47 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Ram ORE 4x4 5.9L
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:55
Wh1t3nukle will become famous soon enough

Can you put up a picture of the cut?

Did you go to the shop where you purchased/installed the tires?

The patch is located where, so ppl have an idea.

Quote:
Also, somewhat unrelated to the lift but still having to do with the whole set up of it... This is what I dealt with this morning

I still have no idea what did it but I'm thinking it must have been a chunk of steel that I somehow missed going down the highway. I heard it hit, the TPMS light came on immediately (I have it set to with my tuner), I pulled over to the side of they highway and found the air rushing out of a 2" long slit in my tire. Went completely flat in about a minute. I ended up having to call my dad to drive out a half hour to where I was with a jack and some tools. We took it off and brought it to a local shop and they managed to patch it but it's still iffy to me. It's holding air no problem, I just don't know how I feel about the patch yet. Out of all the tires I've ever ran on vehicles these are the ones I never thought I'd have a blow out with Wrecking my brand new tire definitely didn't make my morning very good....
Old 08-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartes View Post
What specific part number do I need for the front bilsteins to help level out my 6" lift.
Here's the part number Astartes: 24-187367 (Bilstein 5100 Front Adjustables 09-13)

Mine are set at 1.4" which levels it out perfectly IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1t3nukle View Post
Can you put up a picture of the cut?

Did you go to the shop where you purchased/installed the tires?

The patch is located where, so ppl have an idea.
I'll see if I can get a picture of the cut later on but I don't know how well it will show up on a picture.

I bought the wheels and tires through Bully's Performance and had them shipped to Canada so obviously getting them to fix it wasn't an option. I ended up going to Fountain Tire in Langley, BC as they were close and had time to do it. Typically I would go to my local shop in Abbotsford, Curtis Wheel and Tire as both my family and I have dealt with them for years and have had great service from them.

The patch is on the inside of the tire (the had to dismount the tire from the rim to do it) and then they also glued the slit back together as well as they could.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

damn Brandon!
Glad you were able to stop in time vs continuing to drive with it blown out.
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

That makes me really want one of those cool tailgates that holds a spare tire.
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Here's the part number Astartes: 24-187367 (Bilstein 5100 Front Adjustables 09-13)

Mine are set at 1.4" which levels it out perfectly IMO.

I'll see if I can get a picture of the cut later on but I don't know how well it will show up on a picture.

I bought the wheels and tires through Bully's Performance and had them shipped to Canada so obviously getting them to fix it wasn't an option. I ended up going to Fountain Tire in Langley, BC as they were close and had time to do it. Typically I would go to my local shop in Abbotsford, Curtis Wheel and Tire as both my family and I have dealt with them for years and have had great service from them.

The patch is on the inside of the tire (the had to dismount the tire from the rim to do it) and then they also glued the slit back together as well as they could.
Thanks and reps for helping me out
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 08-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
damn Brandon!
Glad you were able to stop in time vs continuing to drive with it blown out.
Ya definitely. Luckily I was past the part of the highway they're doing a bunch of construction on because at that point there's no shoulder to pull over. Where I was the shoulder is a good 12' wide so I had lots of room to get over and away from traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
That makes me really want one of those cool tailgates that holds a spare tire.
I definitely thought about buying another rim and tire to keep as a spare now after this.... but then I thought what is the likely hood of this happening again? Really I shouldn't have any problems with these tires... Plus I can generally call someone to come and help me out if needed. I also have roadside assistance from both Dodge and Good Sam if needed. This time it just happened that my dad didn't have to work until the afternoon so he could come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartes View Post
Thanks and reps for helping me out
No problem bud! Thanks for the reps

Old 08-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:50
SK-Ram will become famous soon enough

I take a few weeks off from this forum and came back to this!! Wow you're making good progress on your truck man!

'13 SXT 4.7 6" Lift & 35's Gone But Not Forgotten