DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road
Default It continuuuuuues............or "AMAZING pt2"

Thought id start another thread on those "build" issues...ive noticed over the years when a thread gets kinda long on the same subject it becomes unwieldy....any way, just got off the phone with CS...seemed like a reasonably intelligent guy, bwtfdik.....after putting him at ease (i wasnt gonna yell and scream and told him so) he proceded to "look up" my vehicle......I was told the following....
1) They are indeed building 14's...
2) My vehicle has changed to D1 "Gateway Status"...and is therefore physically "on the line" (his words not mine). I pressed him a bit and said if I showed up at the plant I could actually put my hands on it...he said "yup"...
3) The estimated ship date is 8/6 "in a perfect world"...i told him i was told the "build date" was 8/6...he said he "didnt have that, the ship date is 8/6".
4) I inquired when the VOTS system would be updated, as in FRAME PAINT ETC...he said he has no idea and, interestingly, "I have no access to that system"...I had to look in 4 different places to get this info"

I suggested it might be easier to put it all together and make it easier...he said it actually IS easy, IF one is willing to do it.....

Now y'all take all this and run with it....."we shall see"...........
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2014 dodge ram 1500 diesel
Rep:19
udontknowjack is on a distinguished road

I've own 20+ cars/trucks over the years. I've never special order one from dealer. When i do go in to order my 2014 ram Ecodiesel 1500 cc, I can't image myself calling my sale man everyday or search all over on the net to look for my truck build status.

Last edited by ShawnC13; 07-24-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:08 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:21
count2 is on a distinguished road

I got my build sheet via email yesterday, my order is also in D1 - Gateline Schedule. Mine is a regular cab which in theory they have been building since 7/1. I emailed back and asked about a date but their response was:

I do apologize but we have no way of predicting the date when the production of your vehicle will start or how long it will take to complete, inspect and release your vehicle. Until your vehicle reaches the status of "Shipment", we are unable to provide an estimated delivery date to your dealer.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by count2 View Post
I got my build sheet via email yesterday, my order is also in D1 - Gateline Schedule. Mine is a regular cab which in theory they have been building since 7/1. I emailed back and asked about a date but their response was:

I do apologize but we have no way of predicting the date when the production of your vehicle will start or how long it will take to complete, inspect and release your vehicle. Until your vehicle reaches the status of "Shipment", we are unable to provide an estimated delivery date to your dealer.
Makes perfect sense doesnt it?...oooops, too many threads/responses re this issue in here.........or sumpin....
Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 PM

Vehicle: 2014
Rep:10
JamesL is on a distinguished road

Well couple things. For some people it isnt just being impatient. It is being told one thing and another happening completely different. In my case mine is a buy back so I have a truck that I have issues with yhat I just bought. I can not do things that I need to do to this truck like cover brake controller etc because I will not have it much longer so why go through that expense. Also there is the libility issue what happens if I wreck this truck?

With that being said I also just called and was told my truck was built or was started on the 17th and shoild ship on onlr before 8/6 and should arrive mid month. Was told the same thing about the tracking system
Old 07-24-2013, 12:31 PM

JAMES...you sound like a nice guy, what that email reply was, was BOILERPLATE... i had a 20 min conversation with that CS rep this AM...i could tell he was accessing different "platforms", he was talking to himself as he did it...thats not to say MY info re "the build" is more accurate...but i sure like it better...

Last edited by ShawnC13; 07-24-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:51 PM

I am typing from a phone so excuse the typos. I hope they hold to what the CS guy said. Even with in a week or two would be fine also. I think I spoke to the same guy you did or sounds like the same demeanor. That was more info than I have ever got. The only thing that left me a little puzzled was he said it was built or started on the 17th but could not give me the current status. For example is it in the shipping yard inspection etc. I did say one thing I picked up on and that was that could have neen assembling parts etc and it may have not been built for co I ple days later. We will see
Old 07-24-2013, 03:06 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: Black Gold Pearl
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
mopar44o is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by udontknowjack View Post
I've own 20+ cars/trucks over the years. I've never special order one from dealer. When i do go in to order my 2014 ram Ecodiesel 1500 cc, I can't image myself calling my sale man everyday or search all over on the net to look for my truck build status. Guess that's what happen when u get older.

Well for what its worth, I'm looking at ordering the same truck. Called a dealer 2-3 days ago to ask about ordering status and they said Aug first diesel could be ordered. Just now got of the phone with a differnt dealer seeing if I could confirm what was said. The other dealer told me they don't even know if there will be ecodiesels in the rams or cherokees this year due to some issue. He said a chrysler rep was just at their dealership and told them that earlier.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2014 dodge ram 1500 diesel
Rep:19
udontknowjack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar44o View Post
Well for what its worth, I'm looking at ordering the same truck. Called a dealer 2-3 days ago to ask about ordering status and they said Aug first diesel could be ordered. Just now got of the phone with a differnt dealer seeing if I could confirm what was said. The other dealer told me they don't even know if there will be ecodiesels in the rams or cherokees this year due to some issue. He said a chrysler rep was just at their dealership and told them that earlier.
That just suck.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:08 PM

I dont think I would want a diesel the first year regardless of when it came out.
Closed Thread