DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 1500 limited crew
Trim Level: limited
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
teflon74 will become famous soon enough

umm sorry to burst your bubble yankee but someone is pullin ur wire. No way on earth if you could "touch" ur truck today would it take until aug 6th to ship it!!! the system is a fair bit faster than that. Hell we usually frame a minivan and its out the door the next day. He's playin games with your head....
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram outdoorsman
Rep:10
muleywannabe is on a distinguished road

I called CS today as well. Was put on hold 4 different times...they could not find my order and it wasnt in the system, yet I have an order sheet and a VON. My dealer called his dealer Rep and the rep told him that any trucks with the 4-corner air system are delayed due to demand, they cant keep up with demand, therefore the trucks are sitting in SER status.

so , I asked when they would actually build the truck then and he said the rep told him this week. We shall see, I have a feeling we are looking more like another two weeks before they even think of building it. we are going on 6 weeks since the order date. Getting a little testy...to say the least
Old 07-24-2013, 04:31 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon74 View Post
umm sorry to burst your bubble yankee but someone is pullin ur wire. No way on earth if you could "touch" ur truck today would it take until aug 6th to ship it!!! the system is a fair bit faster than that. Hell we usually frame a minivan and its out the door the next day. He's playin games with your head....
nope...at this point, I no longer believe anybody....including alot of what I read in here.....I'll get it when i get it....I try to report what "happens" when i ask, figuring some folks might be interested....just for fun, IF I report that I got it, sometime over the next month or so, I better not be among the first to do so, because someone willl tell me I must be imagining it.

Its clear that every imaginable answer and variation is possible, right down to Im asking too many questions.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
nope...at this point, I no longer believe anybody....including alot of what I read in here.....I'll get it when i get it....I try to report what "happens" when i ask, figuring some folks might be interested....just for fun, IF I report that I got it, sometime over the next month or so, I better not be among the first to do so, because someone willl tell me I must be imagining it.

Its clear that every imaginable answer and variation is possible, right down to Im asking too many questions.
That usually pisses people off, but sometimes that has a positive affect in your favour.

If someone pisses me off I have two choices. Rush the order through to get rid of the pain in the a$$ or sit on their order just to show them who they are messing with.

I suspect that the people on the phones can't hold up orders, but they could make calls on your behalf just to get rid of you quicker.

If I buy something that needs to be delivered it seems to take twice as long (usually in my mind), than it does to get the bill in the mail!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=RedSmart;1158143]That usually pisses people off, but sometimes that has a positive affect in your favour.

If someone pisses me off I have two choices. Rush the order through to get rid of the pain in the a$$ or sit on their order just to show them who they are messing with.

I suspect that the people on the phones can't hold up orders, but they could make calls on your behalf just to get rid of you quicker.

If I buy something that needs to be delivered it seems to take twice as long (usually in my mind), than it does to get the bill in the mail![/QUOT

Your real world logic is impeccable, but you may have misunderstood...i didnt mean asking the "Sales Mgr" too many questions...i couldnt care less, neither could he, thats clear, since I see him face to face in town every so often...(its a small town)....and the DODGE CS reps dont care, ive called them often enough, and the key is, believe it or not, JUST BE NICE...(Patrick Swayze RIP)....Ive never had an attitudinal problem or anyone rush to get me off the phone or anything like that...the problem with THEM is they either dont know, are making it up as they go along, or, worse if you happen to get one that you MIGHT believe, like I did this AM, you're so beat up over the BS you might not believe ANYTHING they say...nope...the only place I EVER got any commentary over being impatient or asking too many questions is...right here in river city......I have to go look at my deposit check again, make sure someone else didnt sign it....
Old 07-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2014 dodge ram 1500 diesel
Rep:19
udontknowjack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
Thought id start another thread on those "build" issues...ive noticed over the years when a thread gets kinda long on the same subject it becomes unwieldy....
i wonder how many threads you will start by the time you get your truck. im going with >5. anybody else wanna take a guess?
Closed Thread