DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
I went to order a bed mat at my dealer today and met the GM. He sat me down at the computer and I viewed the status of my vehicle on his system. The dealer has a far more detailed view of the truck build process and delivery process than what the customer has (naturally!).
Not only does the dealer system show the exact build status and location, but when the truck goes to shipping. It shows which train line and which stops it makes as well as the ultimate destination time and exact date of scheduled delivery to the dealer. Nice.
Ye killin me...just effin killin me.....you mean I gotta ease into town MONDAY??? nah.......or call him??? nah.....
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2013, 09:32 AM

Vehicle: 2014
Rep:10
JamesL is on a distinguished road

I wonder what causes some to go to shipping so quick and others set. Is it location?
Old 08-11-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
I wonder what causes some to go to shipping so quick and others set. Is it location?
have no idea, mebbe they found something that needed fixing...or mebbe the VOTS system wasnt accurate to begin with, (HAH!) or or or...all i know is what i went thru was a crime, BUT it will all be forgotten assuming i DO actually get the thing shortly, and it runs....
Old 08-11-2013, 09:47 AM

LoL well my hope is the doors dont creek the motor does not make a loud noise at 1800 rpms the transmision does not pulsate going up a hill and with any luck it will change gears properly and maybe the doors will actually close
Old 08-11-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
LoL well my hope is the doors dont creek the motor does not make a loud noise at 1800 rpms the transmision does not pulsate going up a hill and with any luck it will change gears properly and maybe the doors will actually close
agreed...what we went thru will turn into a joke with the passage of time, but it better RUN...BTW, i dont know for sure, but its possible that the difference in ordering/build/shipping times may have something to do with dealer allocations too...camt even START the process without that....but im not going there, thats voodoo as far as im concerned...
Old 08-11-2013, 10:47 AM

Well you may be right. I checked a bunch of dealers website around and almost all of them had 2014 on there website but my dealer. He had nothing not even a regular cab. I also noticed that the ones that showed up were either regular cabs or higher end. No Crew cabs or Express. I think he has some 2012 in 2500 still
Old 08-12-2013, 01:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
SM259 is on a distinguished road

I looked at the dealer link JamesL posted and the 2014 Laramie the dealer has on their website lists a trailer tow group option for $330. Below that, it appears the options listed with the trailer tow group are the power trailer tow mirrors with manual fold and the trailer brake controller. So, if you order the trailer tow group, you will lose your power folding mirrors. Thanks for posting the dealer link JamesL. The power fold mirrors are mandatory for me to fit the truck in the garage and I have the trailer tow group on my order sheet. I'll be calling my sales manger tomorrow to remove that option. SM
Old 08-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Longorn 1500
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
exilepa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM259 View Post
I looked at the dealer link JamesL posted and the 2014 Laramie the dealer has on their website lists a trailer tow group option for $330. Below that, it appears the options listed with the trailer tow group are the power trailer tow mirrors with manual fold and the trailer brake controller. So, if you order the trailer tow group, you will lose your power folding mirrors. Thanks for posting the dealer link JamesL. The power fold mirrors are mandatory for me to fit the truck in the garage and I have the trailer tow group on my order sheet. I'll be calling my sales manger tomorrow to remove that option. SM
I think we're still trying to verify this is the case. I belive Yankee looked athis build sheet and it still shows him having the power fold mirrors while the window sticker doesn't. I guess we'll know in a few days here as trucks start delivering....
Old 08-12-2013, 08:59 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:21
count2 is on a distinguished road

I believe the luxury group adds the power folding mirrors, or maybe some trim levels come with this, but the trailer tow mirrors do not power fold. There have been threads on this subject in the 2013 forum. The trailer mirrors option most likely is going to trump any other mirror line item on the window sticker. If you NEED the power fold, don't get the trailer mirrors.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exilepa View Post
I think we're still trying to verify this is the case. I belive Yankee looked athis build sheet and it still shows him having the power fold mirrors while the window sticker doesn't. I guess we'll know in a few days here as trucks start delivering....
Yep, we'll all start "knowing" in a few days i hope....dont want to rehash my previous, but it seems to me the sticker is "structured" one way, and just adds to the confusion...as compared to the actual build sheet, which is structured "another" way, and has its own peculiar brand of confusion. The book is pretty clear, but unfortunately the one I used was a 2013...The dealer didnt indicate any changes to that, but then, I didnt fixate on it either....

The Luxury Group, which I quoted, (and my sticker says I have) does include "power-folding" mirrors...