DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 ram crew cab Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport/laramie
Color: Black beauty
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:43
RAMinator13 is on a distinguished road
Default Jet Performance module chip...lol

I was on jegs looking at y pipes and I ran across these jet performance chips. There is one that is a stage two. Cost $180. It says it recalibrates a/f ratio. trans shift pressure and points.. it says thats it works best with intake and exhaust mods. What do you guys think? I know it will only work temporary but do you think it will help if the only mods I am going to do is intake and exhaust? I know i ts not a programmer but at a third of the price it may be worth it??
2013 RAM CC Sport 4x4 - 6spd 3.55 Anti-spin diff. MODS: 35x12.5r20 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ - Rough Country Level 2.5 front & 1.5 rear - Airaid MXP Cold Air - Magnaflow Magnapack 4x14 & Magnaflow True Flow Y pipe mod- 20x9 Ballistic Razorbacks
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2013, 08:43 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

no! It is nothing but a fancy paper weight that at best makes your vehicle run lean.

Get a Bully Dog 40430, Hypertech interceptor (actually controls the output of all the sensors), or wait for Diablo Sport to come out with tuning for the 2013's

Thanks
Bully's Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:47 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:44
TaderzNgravy is on a distinguished road

I hope this post was a joke.... I also hope that the suggestion to get the hypertech was a joke
Old 07-23-2013, 09:02 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
I hope this post was a joke.... I also hope that the suggestion to get the hypertech was a joke
Not a joke, for what it is and the price and target market (people just wanting a little tiny bit more go and better throttle response) it does just that, we used to be 100% against them, however after many people hounding us to send one to them we finally said ok, started sending them out when we could not talk someone into a Bully Dog or Diablo Sport when they inquired about the Hypertech, and to our surprise their has been some pretty good feed back and reviews come back on them.

Are they for everyone, no. do they put up 30 HP no, are they for the person who wants to get absolutely everything out of their truck no. However for those that just want better throttle response and do not trust that the programmer(Bully Dog, or Diablo Sport) if used properly and removed properly won't void the warranty they do work just fine, and their are some noticeable gains, no where near what you are going to get from a T1000 or Intune with a Custom tune, however they are their and it does make the truck more pleasant to drive.

**Previous paragraph based off of roughly 15 customer reviews to date
* additionally we have had a couple of customers that thought they would see/feel more than what they did, but the general consensus is that they are happy with it, and then on the other extreme we had a customer tell us that he thought the hypertech was better than the canned tune on the Diablo Sport

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:44 PM

Vehicle: 2013 ram crew cab Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport/laramie
Color: Black beauty
Rep:43
RAMinator13 is on a distinguished road

Thats why the title ends in.....lol
2013 RAM CC Sport 4x4 - 6spd 3.55 Anti-spin diff. MODS: 35x12.5r20 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ - Rough Country Level 2.5 front & 1.5 rear - Airaid MXP Cold Air - Magnaflow Magnapack 4x14 & Magnaflow True Flow Y pipe mod- 20x9 Ballistic Razorbacks
Old 07-25-2013, 03:54 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

I dont understand why one would want to spend hard earned cash on hopes and dreams if you want a tuner just buy a Diablo it litterally is the end all be all only choice tuner to buy anything else is just a waste of time and that hard earned cash... Bully dog is for diesels... Who cares if the work.... Once you buy it your stuck with it with no way to install a custom tune... Diablo is just a no brainer... Dont take much advise from folks selling stuff all they want your cash anyway they can get it...

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 07-25-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:23 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTex View Post
I dont understand why one would want to spend hard earned cash on hopes and dreams if you want a tuner just buy a Diablo it litterally is the end all be all only choice tuner to buy anything else is just a waste of time and that hard earned cash... Bully dog is for diesels... Who cares if the work.... Once you buy it your stuck with it with no way to install a custom tune... Diablo is just a no brainer... Dont take much advise from folks selling stuff all they want your cash anyway they can get it...
I beg to differ, I was a member here long before I started selling parts and so was fastNugly, we do not offer any different advice now then we did before we started our parts store. Not EVERY tuner is for everyone, if you are someone that needs custom tuning, is going to be heavily modding past the basic bolt on mods (CAI, Muffler, TB) and start looking at headers, cams, nitrous, supercharger yes you want a Diablo Sport product for the custom tune ability.

If you are are just going to be doing you basic bolt on mods (CAI, Muffler, TB) and do not want to mess with custom tuning for whatever reason or are not comfortable with the idea than a Bully Dog is the tuner you want as the canned tunes are stronger than the Diablo Sport canned tune are.

If you are a person who is budget minded, does not want to mess with the computer at all in fear of your warranty (even though the Bully Dog and Diablo Sport both can return the truck to stock and their is no way to tell the tuner was there) than the Hypertech is for you.

Every tuner we sell is right for someone, is any ONE tuner right for everyone? not by far.

This is the same advice I have been offering for a long time, this is the same advice you will get from almost any shop.

The people who are out to get peoples money are the people who will push nothing but Diablo Sport products as that makes them the most money, I have no issue with Diablo Sport and we have a lot of happy customers that have a Diablo sport tuner, but we recommend products based on the customers needs, not off of what everyone else has or how much money we make off the product as it makes absolutely no sense at all to sell someone a Diablo Sport product that is never going to use custom tuning or be able to take advantage of custom tuning as it cost $200 more than the bully dog that when compared canned tune to canned tune is stronger.

Thanks
Jeremiah

Last edited by Bully's Performance; 07-25-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:10
legman is on a distinguished road

Bravo!,this to me is a good distributor,not leaning toward one manufacturer, but based on consumer wants and or needs. And having a good working knowledge of components you have access to. Bully, in the future my inquiries of aftermarket componentry,( and purchase) will be steered to you.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

One more tuner we sell and sell it based on the customers need is the Diablo InTune
This fits customer who want the Diablo product, want custom tuning capabilities but don't care to have the tuner sitting on their A pillar, windshield or another similar location.

As Jeremiah said, all tuners fit a specific person or member and if a member or customer ask for our advice, we ask specific questions to determine which tuner fits their needs.

Side note
Ramtex, I've followed your motor build and I gotta say, what you built completely badass and I definitely see how the T1000 fits your needs.
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:09 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:44
TaderzNgravy is on a distinguished road

The intune is a piece of shit. It locks up, and is a bitch when it comes to custom tuning.