DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4


Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 PM
j3andit j3andit is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 83
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express 4x4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:18
j3andit is on a distinguished road
Default

Any rubbing anywhere?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #12  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:46 PM
SeaDodge SeaDodge is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NEPA
Posts: 56
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST Express
Color: Mineral gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:16
SeaDodge is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3andit View Post
Any rubbing anywhere?
No rubbing anywhere. I have a little over 1" clearance between the inside edge of the tire to the new knuckles. I think I could have easily fit 305's if I wanted to.

Last edited by SeaDodge; 07-28-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-28-2013, 07:11 PM
j3andit j3andit is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 83
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express 4x4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:18
j3andit is on a distinguished road
Default

i think this set up is perfect. i have the same truck(black) and want to do this exact same lift. same tires. just xd spy black rims. can you tell me exactly what you ordered for the lift and the price
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:42 AM
shears's Avatar
shears shears is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: maryland
Posts: 222
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:47
shears is on a distinguished road
Default

Good looking truck man.

I just bought the 6" BDS kit. It's pretty much the same price so I got the most out of my money. just received the kit and tires in the mail so as soon as I get a chance I'm putting it on.
__________________
6" BDS Lift, 35x12.50x18 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 18x9 XD Addicts, FlowMaster Super 10, S&B Cold Air Intake, Solar Gard 20% window tint, WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats, Debadged, Plasti-Dipped Grill and rear ram head emblem, Tow hooks
Taking Donations for more mods...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 AM
fudrock's Avatar
fudrock fudrock is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 38
Posts: 222
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:133
fudrock will become famous soon enoughfudrock will become famous soon enough
Default

So I opened this thread again to oggle at your truck some more and I noticed something;

[QUOTE=SeaDodge;1160933]
Front Bilstein Adjustable shocks set to 0.7" (Did NOT use the BDS supplied 1/2" Front Strut Spacer)

Anything else you included/omited from the install? Your truck has the perfect stance so I'm using your thread as a cheat sheet.
__________________
4" BDS Lift Kit w/ 3" Rear Coil Springs and Fox Shocks - Bilstein 5100 Shocks @ 2.1 - 20x9 XD Badlands -12 Offset - 35X12.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ - WeatherTec Digitalfit Floor Mats Front and Back - Bakflip VP - 18" Magnaflow Exhaust - Debadged - Smittybilt/NFAB Stainless Nerf Bars - - Bully Dog GT - 2013 OE Projectors - Cabin Air Filter
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Rayne's Avatar
Rayne Rayne is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Age: 40
Posts: 556
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:73
Rayne will become famous soon enough
Default

Nice truck man. I almost went with those exact tires when I was shopping around. Do they stick out past the fender very far?
__________________
2011 Ram Sport QC Brilliant Black
4" Superlift | Bilstein 5100's | Toyo MT 35x12.5R20 | Fuel Offroad Octanes
20% Tint | Interior LED Swap | De-badged | Line-X Bedliner
Recon 3rd Brake Light & Spyder Tails | AVS Vents | OEM Flares
WeatherTech Floorliners & ClearCovers | Black Honeycomb Grill
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:58 PM
SeaDodge SeaDodge is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NEPA
Posts: 56
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST Express
Color: Mineral gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:16
SeaDodge is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shears View Post
Good looking truck man.

I just bought the 6" BDS kit. It's pretty much the same price so I got the most out of my money. just received the kit and tires in the mail so as soon as I get a chance I'm putting it on.
Thanks! Can't wait to see the six inch kit on your truck

[QUOTE=fudrock;1162148]So I opened this thread again to oggle at your truck some more and I noticed something;

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDodge View Post
Front Bilstein Adjustable shocks set to 0.7" (Did NOT use the BDS supplied 1/2" Front Strut Spacer)

Anything else you included/omited from the install? Your truck has the perfect stance so I'm using your thread as a cheat sheet.
LOL, nothing else was omitted or added. BDS 4" kit with the rear spring upgrade and Bilsteins front and rear. The only item I was going back and forth and back and forth on was where to set the front Bilsteins. I only wanted this done once and I got lucky. I preset them to 0.7" and told my installer that I wanted the truck to be as level as possible without the front of the truck sitting higher than the back AND without using the BDS front strut preload spacer. He said he would install them where I had them set and remove and set the struts to 1.4" if needed. Great guys down at Fairfield. If you look at my before lift specs, you'll notice that I only had about 2" of rake from the factory. Many others are reporting as much as 3" of rake. Depending on what you are starting out with, your after lift rake numbers may be a little different than mine. I'm still going to install the AirLift-1000's as soon as I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Nice truck man. I almost went with those exact tires when I was shopping around. Do they stick out past the fender very far?
Thanks. Here's a couple of pics I took for you. One of the reasons I went with a 0 offset wheel is because I didn't want the tires to stick out past the fender to far. With the DC-7's & 295's, they come out about 1" past the fenders. I installed mudflaps and do not plan on installing fender flares...at least not this year.


Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:07 PM
SeaDodge SeaDodge is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NEPA
Posts: 56
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST Express
Color: Mineral gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:16
SeaDodge is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3andit View Post
i think this set up is perfect. i have the same truck(black) and want to do this exact same lift. same tires. just xd spy black rims. can you tell me exactly what you ordered for the lift and the price
I purchased the lift, shocks, wheels and tires from Andy at Bully Performance. I'm suprised he hasn't responded here and to your request yet. To be honest I'll have to dig up my recipts. I purchased everything a few months ago and had to wait to get the install done due to other priorities.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-29-2013, 09:19 PM
fudrock's Avatar
fudrock fudrock is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 38
Posts: 222
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:133
fudrock will become famous soon enoughfudrock will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDodge View Post
LOL, nothing else was omitted or added. BDS 4" kit with the rear spring upgrade and Bilsteins front and rear. The only item I was going back and forth and back and forth on was where to set the front Bilsteins. I only wanted this done once and I got lucky. I preset them to 0.7" and told my installer that I wanted the truck to be as level as possible without the front of the truck sitting higher than the back AND without using the BDS front strut preload spacer. He said he would install them where I had them set and remove and set the struts to 1.4" if needed. Great guys down at Fairfield. If you look at my before lift specs, you'll notice that I only had about 2" of rake from the factory. Many others are reporting as much as 3" of rake. Depending on what you are starting out with, your after lift rake numbers may be a little different than mine. I'm still going to install the AirLift-1000's as soon as I get a chance
Right on.

As you know, most guys go with the 6" kit so there isn't so much info on the Bilsteins + 4" kit. Much like you, I've been back and forth with the .7 - 1.4 setting, and much like you, I didn't want to have to take it back to have the shocks readjusted. Getting it installed once is gonna be enough of a pain in the ass. Your OP is easily the most informative and detailed write up on the 4" kit I've ever read and your timing couldn't have been better. You're like...a lift angel...sent from lift heaven...



Have some rep!

P.S. Get ye to thou BDS lift/setup thread and post this beast
__________________
4" BDS Lift Kit w/ 3" Rear Coil Springs and Fox Shocks - Bilstein 5100 Shocks @ 2.1 - 20x9 XD Badlands -12 Offset - 35X12.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ - WeatherTec Digitalfit Floor Mats Front and Back - Bakflip VP - 18" Magnaflow Exhaust - Debadged - Smittybilt/NFAB Stainless Nerf Bars - - Bully Dog GT - 2013 OE Projectors - Cabin Air Filter
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:39 PM
SeaDodge SeaDodge is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NEPA
Posts: 56
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST Express
Color: Mineral gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:16
SeaDodge is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudrock View Post
Right on.

As you know, most guys go with the 6" kit so there isn't so much info on the Bilsteins + 4" kit. Much like you, I've been back and forth with the .7 - 1.4 setting, and much like you, I didn't want to have to take it back to have the shocks readjusted. Getting it installed once is gonna be enough of a pain in the ass. Your OP is easily the most informative and detailed write up on the 4" kit I've ever read and your timing couldn't have been better. You're like...a lift angel...sent from lift heaven...



Have some rep!

P.S. Get ye to thou BDS lift/setup thread and post this beast
Thanks Again Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll get thy butt over to the BDS thread ASAP Also as I stated earlier, I'm surprised how high the truck sits now. The BDS lift really gives you a full 4", plus with the additional Bilstein and taller tires, I gained a good 6" overall in the front. For me, this is the perfect height for my daily driver.

Last edited by SeaDodge; 07-29-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum