DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-31-2013, 02:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:133
BAB will become famous soon enoughBAB will become famous soon enough
Default 2014 Ram 2500 On Order

Ordered my truck today. 2500 Crew Laramie 4x4 w/6'4" box. Silver w/black interior. Cummins, leather buckets, anti-spin, RamBox, pwr sunroof, remote start, Keyless Go, chrome bodyside molding, wheel to wheel side steps, 20" alum polished wheels, clearance lamps, 180 amp alternator. $55,000. Dealer guesses 6-8 weeks, but based on what I've been reading on here, we'll see about that. Primary use for my truck will be to tow my 28' 2012 Airstream. Have been towing with a 2012 Infiniti QX56 with no problems, but I'm bumping max weight with it and think the truck will provide a higher safety margin. Thanks to all of you on here who shared a lot of info. The RAM website is not very helpful compared with most auto sites. No easy way to get into the exact differentiation of models, and the compare feature doesn't give much explanation as to what the features actually do.
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Congrats! Can you post your order sheet? I'm guessing the $55K is invoice, because it seem slow for MSRP.

BTW, 6-8 weeks is the standard reply from dealers, when ordering ... which doesn't make sense at times. For example, My original order was in late Jan on a '13. Production wasn't supposed to start till late Feb, but I was told 6-8 weeks, when I ordered... To make a long story short... After multiple months of waiting and not seeing my order move forward in VOTS (order missed multiple scheduled production dates), I cancelled... I'm now thinking of ordering a '14, but this time, I might wait for production to start... Which should happen in mid Aug.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 2500
Color: Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:133
BAB will become famous soon enoughBAB will become famous soon enough

Dealer invoice was right at $57K. I can't believe that they couldn't deliver a vehicle to you in a reasonable time frame. I ordered a Mercedes S550 a couple of years ago which had to be built in Sindelfingen, Germany and shipped -- it was a very custom build, I might add -- and I had it in my hands in 5 weeks! I haven't had a US manufactured vehicle since the 1980's. Gotta say, some of the stuff I've read on this site is not very encouraging in terms of customer satisfaction. And, Chrysler is about to go public again? They have a much improved product line-up, but many issues remain, and one of them is not losing a sale for being unable to deliver a truck!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Back in '04, I had ordered a 2500 and it took about 6 weeks to be delivered... I think the problem with my '13 order was because everything was pretty much new, except for the exterior sheet metal... I know they had a problem with a cross member and issues with getting some parts like the CHMSL camera.

The thing that finally did it in wasn't the delay, it was them basically losing my order.. I'd call Ram customer service and they'd tell me they couldn't find my order.. After digging a bit, they would find it in some sub system, used for notes.... that's what I was told... I let them tell me this for about a month and eventually cancelled... Dealer told me they had trouble cancelling the order and at times, I think it never got cancelled because when I check VOTS, it still shows "Production Scheduled."