DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-26-2013, 05:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Laramie 4x4 CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/silver trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:63
TRCM will become famous soon enough
Default Mopar sliding toolbox

Has anyone used this, or have it ?

It looks like it will fit under a tonneau cover, and would give me a place to store some stuff.

Part # 82211356

Trying to find out if it is worth it, and which bed rails I need to use it.

Good, Bad, Ugly ??
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2013, 08:36 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

For right around $600.00 and tax OEM.... Nah!

Why does it say it must be used with the OEM Mopar Bed Rails?

Grub out!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:23 PM

It mounts to the utility bed rails.

This would be perfect for what I need it for, but I'm not sure it will clear my tonneau cover, and around here, if you order it, you're stuck with it.

And by the time you buy the utility rails, it is closer to 900 bucks.

I've seen the box as low as 475, and the rails are 250, so it's not that bad if ya shop around.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:56 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

if that is your only option then go for it. you might want shop around the board and see if you can get better pricing or other options.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:23 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

You might look at autozone believe it or not. They have one that actually sits ON the bed, and only comes up to the bed rails, doesnt sit over them. I think its $299 before tax. It is designed specifically for use with tonneau covers, and secures to the cargo hooks at the bottom of the bed with 2 custom straps (included).

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 07-27-2013, 02:25 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Also, there are ones that sit in the bed, along the bedsides. They are plastic composite, and swivel for easy access from the tailgate. they are nifty. I like them better than the rambox because you close your cover and they arent visible. Something about having a visible box on the side of my truck bed makes me nervous, the locks on the rambox dont look beefy enough to stop like a drill or something.

I am buying some of those soon.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 07-27-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:45 PM

Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

I've yet to find a cargo box that doesn't look workman's type...if you get my drift.

I like them and they have tremendous functionality, but I've yet to find one.

Grub out!
Old 07-27-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
Also, there are ones that sit in the bed, along the bedsides. They are plastic composite, and swivel for easy access from the tailgate. they are nifty. I like them better than the rambox because you close your cover and they arent visible. Something about having a visible box on the side of my truck bed makes me nervous, the locks on the rambox dont look beefy enough to stop like a drill or something.

I am buying some of those soon.
I have looked at those, but have yet to be able to verify they will hold what I need them to hold (IE, 4 1 gal jugs similar to antifreeze). Also, buying 2 of them isn't much less than this 1 toolbox that I know will hold what I need it to.

I need something that is easily removed and relocated from the tailgate area to the front of the bed when not being used. I store all the tools & supplies for my boat when I travel for tournaments and such, and the box I am using now is almost as big as a regular toolbox, and it is full.

I have also looked at the tonneau mate box, but it's shape makes me think it will have a lot of wasted space in it, and it isn't much cheaper. It also looks like it is not meant to move once installed.
http://www.truxedo.com/tonneau_mate/land.php

This is what I use now........and it is full
http://www.walmart.com/ip/10569596?w...470710&veh=sem

Last edited by TRCM; 07-27-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:25 PM

Is that Rubbermaid secured or just weighted down with the boxe's contents?

Grub out!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:12 AM

mostly weighted down, but I do have a bar that keeps it from sliding forward.

I keep it at the tailgate because it is so much easier to get things out of it when needed. I just slide it out onto the tailgate, and don't even need to open the tonneau cover. That is why I like the idea of the sliding toolbox. Keep it at the tailgate when in use, and then slide it forward when not needed.

Just not sure how well it will work with my tonneau cover (ie, how tall the box is in relation to the bed sides), and the price is a choker too.