DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jeepers23 is on a distinguished road
Default 2014 1500 Sport CC Ordered?

Hi guys! I've been a Ram 1500 owner since 2007 and have gotten a lot of useful information off of this forum, but this is my first post. So I stopped by several dealerships looking to order a 2014 CC Sport, since finding a 2013 equipped how I wanted it was nearly impossible. I had similar experiences with the dealerships not knowing much about the ordering process or timeline for the 2014's yet, but finally found one that seemed more informed than the others. I went ahead with the order and was told the truck will be on the lot in 4 weeks. This seems highly unlikely since from what I have read, they aren't even building crew cabs yet. Which leads me to my questions:

1. When are you suppose to receive the very first email notification from Chrysler about your order?
2. Nothing shows up when I do a VON search on there website, so how long does it take to be able to track the build?
3. I get the FFP, or supplier pricing which is about $400 under invoice (invoice shows $43,804). Does this seem like a good deal, or is there more room to negotiate?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:21
count2 is on a distinguished road

I don't think you'll be able to track it until you get that first email. For me, that email took 3 weeks, due to a particular part, my order was in "edit error" for a while. Some people got that a lot faster. Once I got the Order Confirmation email it was less than a week before I got the Production Scheduled. I ordered 6/20, got first email 7/11, second email 7/17. Dealer says his computer shows estimated ship date of 8/13.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:26 PM

Vehicle: 2014
JamesL is on a distinguished road

Well there really appears to be no truthful answer to your questions. Alot of us have had orders in since the opening day 6/11 and did not receive anything about tracking until 7/11 I believe was the date. Even now the info really is not accurate. It appears the tracking system is purely a gimmick for Chrysler for there customers to make them feel special or to have something to keep there hopes on until it arrives. Sorry to be negative but figured I would before someone else beat me to it. I have got several different stories about this but I think one thing that is accurate is you will not reveive a email until a vin is issued and that seems to come when production is scheduled. Again for me it was over a month. Have even been told would not see my truck until mid September or later. I tell you this because again the tracking system reflects non of this . I would not pay any attention to it.

Last edited by JamesL; 07-29-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:33 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, the consensus is correct..in sum, you can get different answers depending on which source you access.....although, for me, i seem to do way better CALLING CS.....I was able to get a status over the phone (and theres usuallly not a long wait at all) at least a week BEFORE the VOTS system officially showed anything....what i used to find amazing is the difference in answers you get at different dealers....couldnt figure it out...they all access the same computer data dont they??? seems to me its the nut behind the puter..If you scan down some of the threads in here, theres a bunch discussing order/build issues...now, after a few recent calls, Ive come to discover that if you ask them to look at certain internal websites by name, you can get even more info.....now some might think its all BS...i didnt get that impression, but it could be.....

As far as "your deal"...i think you did ok.....do you???
Old 07-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
jeepers23 is on a distinguished road

Had a conversation with Ram CS this morning in which they indicated that 2014's aren't being built yet, and they are still finishing up the 2013's. Now from what I have read, this does not seem totally correct, but who knows. They estimated some time in September for delivery of my CC Sport.

As far as what I am going to pay for the truck, it seems pretty good to me. Just didn't know how much below invoice others were seeing. Hopefully something close to the current incentives will continue for the 14's as well...
Old 07-30-2013, 01:17 PM

That same crap they told me two weeks ago but then last week when I pushed the issue they told me something completely different. If you want to be entertained call back later today for a different answer
Old 07-30-2013, 01:24 PM

This would be funny...if it was happening to someone else......
Old 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 13 RAM 2500CC 4x4 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black Two Tone Metallic Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
DDorr is on a distinguished road

I just called CS and was told basically the same thing. I was asking when I could actually place a build order and she said that it would open up soon but as of now you cannot place an order even. Interesting.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:19 PM

You could not order a 2014?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:33 PM

Want me to make it worse?...couldnt resist and looked at the VOTS system awhile ago...magically my 2014 slt big horn morphed into an outdorrsman....called cs, cooperative girl, same build/shipping info....no idea why it changed....will call me back to let me know....in the meantime i called the dealer...spk to sales mgr....no clue why it says that, he doesnt access that system, he sees shipping system and still scheduled same as before, the same vehicle i ordered...told me "ignore them, itll make you crazy"...."if by some chance they deliver an outdoorsman, itll have more equipment not less...and itll go for the same price we agreed on".....I have no words.......