DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:68
Cat Daddy will become famous soon enough

I am running Nitto 275X65X20 now and really like them , ran them on my last truck also , I run Nitrogen , I know they say BS but I can set them at 42 lb and they never change more than 1 lb from rotation to rotation 3 or 4 months
20X9 Black XD Hoss with painted caps 275x65x20 NittosTerras,Bilsteins 5100's @ 2.1, .75" in rear,laminx tinted head lights,tinted tail lights & 3rd brake light, S&B,Fastman 84 TB,18' Magnaflow,T1000-hemifever,cabin filter,RECON led cab lights,custom dynamic 60" light bar,tow hooks,debadged ,6" shorty ,painted grill and front and rear emblem , AMP power step ,F1 Bacflip bed cover ,Mopar bed rug kit
Sponsored links
Old 08-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport
Color: Red
Rep:40
Designflaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
So, I just went to Discount Tire to order the above for my hopefully soon to be shipping 2013 Ram 1500. At 34.7" x 11."7 that seems like just about the perfect size for the factory 20" wheels on a leveled 1500.

But, no joy in Mudville...

Was told "special order", then, uh-oh, make that "back ordered special order". My guy called the mfg rep and he had no estimated time of arrival for them.

He was willing to order them for me. But, without knowing when/how long it would take, I declined. Besides just getting them in the first place, I have been known to shred a sidewall now and then, I'm money well ahead lifetime on tire certs. Would be a super PITA to ruin one and not even be able to it replaced for a week or two if the replacement had to be special ordered too.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, since this really does seem like the "just right" size for factory 20's and a leveling kit. Be nice if they were more available and there were more than just BFG AT's and Goodyear MT/R's to choose from.

I've actually been wishing for a "skinny" 35 for a long time. Would run a 35 x 11 on my Jeep if such a beast existed (I know, I know, but I want tires that are ROUND so Swampers don't count...).

- DAA
That is exactly what I want. They are available at various mail stores because I have called around. I just can't get off the 1600.00 price tag which seems to be about the average.

I love BFG's don't get me wrong, and I always run them, but I can almost get a set of new rims in 17 or 18" and good tires for that same price. So that's what keeps hanging me up.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:272
h2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the rough

Yes the BFG's cost more but how many tires out there last as long? There are lot's of guys claiming 80K. I've gotten 50K out of every set I've had.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Just counting trucks and 4x4's, not Radial T/A's on muscle cars, I've worn out at least ten sets of BFG's, mostly AT/KO's, but also the old KM's and newer KM2's. They do wear well, but not all that unusually well.

The Falkens I'm running on my DD right now look like they are probably going to outlast the BFG AT/KO's that were on it previously, for instance. As I noted above, I can get those Falkens in the same size for the new truck for WAAAAAY less money than the BFG's. And I really like the way the Falkens work, too. They just don't have ANY visual appeal to me though. Pure utility. Zero sex appeal. They look like a street tire. Just can't bring myself to put them on a brand new $45K truck. That's pride and vanity costing $$ for ya...

About 50K is as far as I've ever gotten out of a set of AT/KO's on one of my trucks, but that is pretty good, by my standards and compared to some other tires I have run over the years. But no better than some others, either - I've gotten that kind of milage out of others as well.

For how I use my trucks, all around, on and off road, empty and loaded, dry and wet, throw in looks to boot, I do find the good old BFG AT/KO pretty hard to beat. But, I've worn out enough of them and had enough shredded sidewalls and rocks going right through the face of the tre with them too, that I don't think they are really anything all that special. Just tires.

- DAA
Old 08-08-2013, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4X4
Color: Black
Rep:68
Cat Daddy will become famous soon enough

DAA...like I said I have had great luck with the Nittos ,Trail Grapplers they are quite, have enough side wall lug cut to be a bit sexy ,and easy to get in that 50k window , and get'em rollin for around that $1200 window
20X9 Black XD Hoss with painted caps 275x65x20 NittosTerras,Bilsteins 5100's @ 2.1, .75" in rear,laminx tinted head lights,tinted tail lights & 3rd brake light, S&B,Fastman 84 TB,18' Magnaflow,T1000-hemifever,cabin filter,RECON led cab lights,custom dynamic 60" light bar,tow hooks,debadged ,6" shorty ,painted grill and front and rear emblem , AMP power step ,F1 Bacflip bed cover ,Mopar bed rug kit
Old 08-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport
Color: Red
Rep:40
Designflaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Daddy View Post
DAA...like I said I have had great luck with the Nittos ,Trail Grapplers they are quite, have enough side wall lug cut to be a bit sexy ,and easy to get in that 50k window , and get'em rollin for around that $1200 window
The BFG's aren't much more than that in the 275 size. E-Bay discount tire has them for 1250.00 no tax free shipping, and about 1390 with free replacement.