DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Baby
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:172
Yotaconvert has a spectacular aura aboutYotaconvert has a spectacular aura about

id be in jail...
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
-MB Rims (cuz im cheap lol)
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2013, 04:25 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

You're a patient man, semlohde. Much more so than I would be.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

I'm NOT a patient person but what can I do? Add thousands to an attorney who knows this must go through arbitration? Battle a giant with 507 million profit last quarter and attorneys on staff waiting to hold this thing forever? I can't even mention getting violent, NSA will tote my butt off! I keep saying/thinking the dealer has no option other than get me another truck and it just won't happen. I'm 65 in a month, have bought some 8 RAMs, 2 Durangos - and you can bet your soul this is without doubt my last chrysler product! Like the dealer of chrysler would ever notice. I tell you this is terrible. I'd love to just find another truck, and have, and just go get the thing. I sent email to the GM of the dealership and the corp rep to Doug Betts, senior VP of quality for Chrysler at 8:30. Nothing at 3pm. Dealer service manager said when his parts manager asked for a shipping number to confirm shipment for my tranny that's supposed to arrive tomorrow they wouldn't/couldn't give one. So I can only suggest another lie as I was told it would arrive LAST Tuesday also.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Manual
Color: Praire Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 660lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Fiatx19 is on a distinguished road
Default Classic case of Not My Job

I have spent a lot of time reading every post and it appears to boil down to these facts.

First off we as consumers face a flaw in the entire purchasing system of a new vehicle.

The assembly plant only puts the truck together and they did just that. The dealer only sells the truck and they did that. What they failed to do correctly is the Pre Delivery Inspection and should have checked the fluid level of the transmission. If there is a finger to pointing you may have something here.

The manufacture of the transmission built it, but I am not sure of who filled it. I am sure some transmission oil was put in the case, but suspect some other fluid was added that cause it to gel. You can bet yours was not the only one with this problem.

It would be nice to pull a transmission from a truck on the line, but how would you like to get call from Ram telling you that some poor person lost the transmission in their truck and the next truck to be built was yours so Ram gave him the transmission that was slated for your truck. No worries here, Ram will build the entire truck then push it outside for a month or two and wait for a transmission to put in your truck. As you can see that really doesn't work either.

Public relations realizes this is a mess, but to say so admits liability. They also do not have any power to force any of the above to do anything. The whole mess falls between the cracks and on the shoulders of the purchaser.

I have a buddy that worked in a Dodge Dealership they had truck on the hoist with a bad transfer case. Opened the drain plug and nothing came out. The truck had 10,000KM on it. One mechanic said we should open the case, the other said of what good will that do, the box is done. It took him 2 weeks to get a new box for the truck.

Warrenty picks up the claim and it gets back charged to who ever was responsible for filling the box.

This whole thing stinks, but I have to say that possibly waiting out is all you can do and hope that the people that built this truck will take you aside and give you something for all of the misery you have been handed.

fiatx19
Old 08-19-2013, 06:53 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

fiatx19, seems to chrysler is just not fulfilling the warranty. has to be some recourse. at the very least they have given him a trick to use over the time the truck is sitting their and not screw up his summer. i hope the op is calling every available consumer group. wonder how much fiat is affecting this bs. should give us all a reason to pause when we shop for our next truck.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

op... have you checked other forums to see if there are others having the same issue.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:41 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
semlohde is on a distinguished road

REJOICE DEAR HEARTS - as Brother Dave would say. I can't believe it. I got a call at 7:45 this evening. I'm getting a new truck!!! Simply can not believe it. Dealer did it all. They just told corp to send a transmission so they could send my truck back, they were getting me a new one. So in the morning a company called ISG will search, as will the dealer, for a new truck and if they can't find one identical they'll build one. I've searched for hours and found one White one 490 miles away, and found a Black Gold one 280 miles away then caught IN TRANSIT and that's even better!! The call was unbelievable. He said, we're going to get you a new truck and I felt such a wave of aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. As the wife said, I'll believe it when it happens - but such a positive call. What a stout thread this developed into! THANKS for everyone's input. I won't get any better goodies but at least I bought them (5/100000, 4 year oil changes and GAP) and everything will just move over. Thank goodness I never bought tags as a switch never does get me a good credit. Sirius and uconnect all start over. And IF I took mine you know I'd always hear something and feel a rattle - WAY TO GO DEALERSHIP!!! I mean I really feel good right now. And a good night to all~~~ ed
Old 08-20-2013, 01:46 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:563
PappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to all

Congrats!!! Glad it worked out for you the way it did - I agree it's better to start fresh with a new truck.

Let us know what you end up with.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:14 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Glad that someone stepped up for you Ed. It was the right thing to do, and they should've done it weeks ago.

Be sure to keep us updated.

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram HEMI
Rep:36
MEZERR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semlohde View Post
Dealer did it all.
And that's why you need to have patience during these times, and not FLIP OUT like all other members suggest. Good job!