DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-31-2013, 08:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
haven't heard of sabotage in the auto industry since the seventies.
I know, isn't that crazy man? I wish I could remember the news article or report that indicated the troubles occuring inside our trucks assembly plants. I believe one of the televised reports were the busting of assembly plant workers on break drinking alcohol and smoking da bud. But my ADHD is not cooperating with me at this moment.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:33 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i remember that. glad my truck is from mexico.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

My window sticker says mine is assembled in Saltillo, Mexico. It just has one of those Kokomo (as I understand the tranny plant is) transmissions. This is a fine example of American industry for international competition! Wish I could get a major news channel asking the new RAM CEO Reid Bigland about it. Or Doug Betts senior VP global head of quality. Heh Heh - I said quality - heh heh....
Old 08-03-2013, 09:58 AM

Update time. 2 weeks today and no word at all. I got an email from RAM research - a survey from Doug Betts Senior VP of quality. SO, why not call him and discuss his quality. Didn't get to Doug but explained my situation to someone I'll assume within his office. The case manager was no longer and I was to go through this individual. Trying to communicate with the case manager through his email got me a case closed response. So 2 weeks later no one can find a transmission. A profit of 507 million in a quarter and one plant making transmissions I just can't see the dealer and Chrysler searching for a transmission when they come out of one plant. Concessions are within reason, case manager had a better service contract offer but nothing in writing to me and this new person said he didn't see that, so that's gone - hope to get that back. Saw the truck yesterday, birds are pooping on it. Here's a link for the workers suspended - guess they're making transmissions now. While i could have been in my trailer recovering at the lake from prostate surgery, i sit doing this at home - taint funny Chrysler....
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/19...rijuana-on-tv/
Old 08-03-2013, 06:01 PM

Vehicle: 1993 Dakota
Color: Black
Engine: 1992-1991 239ci (3.9L) Magnum V6 180hp
Rep:11
GuyGene is on a distinguished road

THIS is the kind of thing that will keep me away from a new Ram!

Sabotaging your own company - hmmm, that is smart. Hey, Ram makers - just quit.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:17 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT, Big Horn
Color: Black Pearl coat
Rep:229
Ramzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura about

They all have issues at times.

Over on the Ford side a poor individual has had his Ecoboost engine replaced 4 times in a little over 4 months. It keeps blowing up for no apparent reason under normal driving.

That worker deal was a long time ago and it was a couple of workers.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:00 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

semlohde, I think your dealership owner should have been the one to speak to on this mishap from the get go. He can afford to give you a new Ram parked on the lot, no doubt in anyones mind. When they finally locate a transmission, they could simply install it and throw that used HD Ram with only 65 plus miles on the odom, back onto the Certified preowned lot and recover most of their money. This would be the easiest and honest way of earning a customers trust. But to be honest, a dealership would have to believe in customer care first and foremost. Especially the ones that purchase a 65000 dollar HD truck!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:53 PM

gantman - I've talked with the dealer owner twice and the service manager 4 or 5 times. The right thing isn't going to happen. Polite, nice, yes sir - lots of that. And a Megacab Laramie Longhorn diesel doesn't just pop up. I find several all around Memphis - 50 to 150 miles away. But mention get me another one and the topic rapidly changes to wow, that's unreasonable and we'll get you taken care of when it comes in. So they offer to pay this months payment. OK. And that keeps them happy just waiting till August 27th that I was told to expect. And the case manager offered a zero deductible engine, transmission, power train lifetime warranty - and I took it. When I went to the VP, that didn't show and he offered a 7/100,000 max care service contract. I said I already was paying for a 5/100,000 bumper to bumper with 4 years oil changes and GAP - he said he saw the oil changes and GAP but no 5/100,000. He did call the dealer I learned and was told I DID have it - but he never called me back. SURPRISE! So I get to wait and have no where else to say just keep this one and get me another. I mean it was built last month - well now 2 months ago, was just on their lot. I couldn't have built one better. Hate to give up that lifetime power train service contract that vanished! But I'm at their mercy and the fun is gone. Thinking of the very same truck with a crew cab I traded- DANG was this dumb. Better torque, heavier load, bigger back seat area but this 8.4AN isn't the radio my DVD playing 730N screen was. Well, in my 40 minutes of driving it these 2 weeks it didn't seem to be. If anyone from Chrysler reads these things and think this is negative, its perception. And it's not a really positive experience! This "we're searching for a transmission" has a REAL nasty sound. I want one out of the factory door when it's made. Too tired to keep rambling - sorry for so much of the same stuff over and over....
Old 08-04-2013, 12:15 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

what is the lemon law like down your way?
Old 08-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Thinks sheep are stupid

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I'm pretty sure most of the members here can sympathize with your frustration. I don't see it as rambling, especially when you're up against the wall you are, and no one seems to be listening. You're the only one losing sleep over the issue as I can assure you the dealership people are sleeping just fine over it.

I have to commend you on your patience. I really don't think I would have been as hospitable in a similar situation. It's a lot better'n makin' the dealership famous on CNN.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name