DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by constableal View Post
call the local investigative reporter/consumer affairs television station in your area and explain your situation. A little negative TV attention will get your situation resolved..............quickly.
A VERY good idea!!
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by semlohde View Post
THANKS for the law link... It also says, "The fifteen-day period may be extended by any period of time during which repair services are not available to the consumer because of conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer or its agent." So they could just say they don't have a transmission yet. I believe they will fix it, and I'm offered good concessions. Just how many times will I have to bring it in over and over? Here I go again - just get the tranny to the dealer and put it in!!! Hey, just 23 more days till the 27th ;-(
unless you are an attorney, you can't be sure what the law will allow. like i said, first consult is free.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 12 Ram 1500 Bighorn SLT
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: molten red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
02325 is on a distinguished road

I understand the OP situation. I have worked in the auto industry since jan of 00 being a tech. NOW I have only worked for BMW and now currently Mercedes. I have been the tech for a customer that has had a major failure like OP has. Customer bought a brand new (not his first BMW either) 03 BMW 530. Less than 5k miles the number 4 cyl drops an exhaust valve and destroys the entire eng. The head is holding the block together. It took us 4 mths to get an eng for this customer. This eng was also put in the X5 (which are built in Spartanburg, SC) but we couldn't get one. THE dealers nor BMW have a way of getting parts from the factory. BMW did give the customer a CPO warranty, 100k maintence plan and paid the monthly payments. The customer could not get a new car cause the 04 (new body style) was out and no dealer had the old body style on the lot. Plus the customer didn't want a 04.

You are basically at the mercy of makers. taking a trans out of 1 truck to put in another will NOT happen. NOW I could see them giving the customer another truck, NO matter where is comes from. I have even seen customer get an upgrade on a vehicle due to part issues.

I hate to say it but sh!t happens. I know you are out of you truck until you get a trans, but this is life. Its not fair. SO it just a waiting game at the moment. Please keep us updated on what happens and how long it takes.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:32 AM

huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

02325, yup, shit happens. that is why we have lemon laws and easy enough for op to explore as they vary from state to state.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

ALL good ideas and waiting seems to be all that I can do. I called an attorney just now and thought it was a local thing but they are nation wide and claimed to be 8th in size. WELL ALRIGHTY THEN, we're going to get something started. Nope, after telling them of the problem I got we're sorry but we won't be able to help you in this matter. I couldn't believe it. I also called the 1st case manager, had to leave a voice mail and no call back so I guess he's barred from discussing the case anymore, and clicking the online link for the case flashes this is closed. SO I have an email for the local GM - it's wordy but hits the call and promise history. I've looked online and found nothing like my truck within 200 miles, doesn't mean one isn't out there though. Thanks to all for the comments. Time to call'em up and stir the pot. Ed
Old 08-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 12 Ram 1500 Bighorn SLT
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: molten red
Rep:29
02325 is on a distinguished road

If it were me, I would get them to just find me another truck and get it to me ASAP. Having 65 miles on a trk with a new trans just doesn't seem right. I would not care if it were 500 miles away. That's what they make car haulers for.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:48 PM

i am all for stirring the pot! the attorneys couldn't help why? case not big enough or is chrysler holding all the cards? isn't there a consumers affair state department that can get involved?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:50 PM

Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)

Called the dealer and he said he got a packet about my truck Saturday and would call me back. 6 hours later nothing. Called the VP rep but had to leave a voice mail. I was out but he called back and left a message. He said keep communicating with the dealer. He said he confirmed my 5/100000 warranty, and his main goal was to get my truck with a transmission. That unlimited power train contract seems like vapor and that was a main reason to even think of a replacement transmission. His offer for 7/100000 doesn't seem there either. It's beyond reasonable now and unless they add plenty of coverage the survey is a plain negative - like anyone cares what that shows. I'm 65 and never had such s)*(^& you ever done, where no one cares one bit other than good lip service. Best I can hope for is enjoy the truck until I retire within a year then file bankruptcy and give it back. I'm sick of this. Senior VP of quality - it's just too funny - quality..... and this is from the email from the dealer:
Our goal is your complete vehicle satisfaction. As part of our dealership family, we are dedicated to servicing your vehicle needs and look forward to earning your continued business, as well as recommendations to your family and friends!

Thank you again for the confidence you have placed in us with your most recent vehicle purchase. Now get out on the road and enjoy your 2500!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:11 PM

ME AGAIN!! I just called the MS State Attny General to discuss options. I bought in TN so have to abide by TN Lemon Law. And if similar to MS, they have 3 tries to fix it, OR it is down for 15 days. But he said attorneys won't touch this because they know it has to go through ARBITRATION. And in most cases they give the money back if they lose. This is an unbelievable mess....
Old 08-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

They'll send your busted tranny out to Dr. Tranny and get it fixed under his $99. special. You'll be back on the road shortly.