DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

The Tennessee lemon law requires 4 return trips OR The TN Lemon Law also applies to vehicles that are in the shop for repair thirty (30) or more calendar days during the first year or the express warranty period (whichever comes first). The people I was talking with were going on the 30 day rule and I sure thought we had something for the last week we talked. But when I told them it was going to exceed the 30 days and I wanted them to go after chrysler like CUJO, the attorney did a turn around and said TN was a tough state and they needed the returns as well if they expected to win?? I couldn't believe this. So who said chrysler could do what they want - it's rather obvious they in no way care because they don't face any punishment. They wouldn't send a transmission, and they flat lied about the time it was shipping. Corp said LAST monday and dealer said LAST saturday - so I should believe it'll be here Tuesday? I have to be at work 75 miles away Wednesday morning. Tags are late because I didn't want to tag it then get a new truck (heh, I THOUGHT) so I have to bring the truck to the tax collector so they can see it's low mileage and waive my 5% late fee.. I don't care one bit about the next transmission going to a plant so a truck can sit on a dealers lot. Plus I was told by RAM C/S that I would get an unlimited zero deductible powertrain warranty. When I went to senior VP of quality Doug Betts. I was told by his rep that he didn't see that offer. I said call Jerrod, he gave it to me. I thought when he started talking he said this was recorded. Corp response is - let's get your part in and the truck fixed. That was July 26th. So my truck has been at the dealer 4 weeks today and totally inexcusable.
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2013, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

check with another lawyer. these laws were put in place to protect the consumer.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:09 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:217
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I'm bummed for you. I can tell by your posts that even if this truck is perfect from here out, its still won't make you happy. I'm a Mopar guy all the way but I can't blame you for feeling that way.

I will offer a suggestion. Write a letter, I'm talking the old fashion kind you put a stamp on. Write it by hand with a pen. Leave all the emotion out of it, keep it brief, and just tell them you bought a new truck and the transmission went out at 65 miles and you have had the truck in for repairs for over a month. Ask them what they are going to do about it? Send it to the president of Chrysler. He probably won't read it but maybe someone that cares will. They don't get a lot of hand written letters anymore so maybe this will grab someones attention.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Pearl blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Roadhog14 is on a distinguished road
Default 65 mile transmission dead

My truck has failed with 700 miles. No jelly although might be transmission. Appears its stuck in reverse at first. Not sure, but lever moves without indicator reflecting any changes, if put in position where neutral should be it rolls freely but still won't start just click and dash says vehicle must be in park to start, but regardless in any position it gives the same results, starter or ? Just clicks one time and that's it. Towed yesterday for dealer to fix, fix ? LOL , new fix shouldn't be in same sentence after spending 30k +

Good luck to all. My fun just beginning it appears.

Had lemon law on 99 Taurus bought new, wasn't pleasant, took a year but got money back, but no refund on the brain cells lost due to coming into contact with so much ignorance.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:10 PM

huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

ddgeman .. an old fashioned hand written letter, might be the perfect solution, but i think if it reaches someone that cares, they would be too low on the ladder to help. at this point, imho, he needs a different attorney. a young hungry one still paying off his school loans.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
semlohde is on a distinguished road

Roadhog14 - good luck getting yours fixed. Different transmission but if it isn't the whole tranny maybe they can fix it quickly. My dealer could have replaced mine - IF CHRYSLER WOULD GIVE ONE UP! And Dodge man - I did just that today. I already had drafts from August 8th to the CEO and Doug Betts senior vp of quality. Mixed the info and brought it up to date and will email it to my corp rep and dealer GM. Asking for considerations first. Certainly don't seem to have anyone on my side. If I get nothing, and I was already told I'd get an unlimited power train warranty, the corp rep just says he doesn't see that. How convent! I reviewed the situation from July 20 and ask concessions. Monday is the 30th day and qualifies for TN lemon law, and the dang tranny won't even arrive till the 31st day - and they told me LAST week the tranny would be in last Tuesday. Beats me, it really does. And a new attorney search Monday perhaps. But after being told for 1.5 weeks to wait until the 30th day, and it's here, and then be told it'll need to be returned at least twice to win - nope. These laws are written for corporations with LOTS of money so we don't get jury trials against them... We'll see in a few days - maybe...
Old 08-18-2013, 10:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Pearl blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Roadhog14 is on a distinguished road

its tough in these situations. You don't want to be "that guy" when it comes to being firm with people or even as others have stated earlier in the thread to go to the media or announce your problems to the world with posters or what not,,, But at what point do you not allow yourself to be plowed over with this.

Generally I am the calm one, my wife gladly takes care of the aggression when its needed for the both of us and has that stern hand if you will. She also needs reined in sometimes because most people don't respond well to threats or demands.

At the end of it all nobody wanted your truck to have a bad trans, but it happened. No reasonable person would think they shouldn't be bending over backwards for you, but it doesn't sound like there even really trying.

I read somewhere here a guy got a brand new truck due to a bad paint job. Who did he deal with, can someone maybe get ahold of him for advise?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 PM

i wouldn't do anything except talk to a few different lawyers at this point. then decided which route to take.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:03 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:563
PappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to all

OP: Although I believe in giving anyone a reasonable shot at fixing problems there is a line. As much as I hate them, they are a fact of life. That said, I'm not what you would describe as a patient person. I was describing your situation to a colleague recently who swore I'd be in jail by now. (He may be right).

Anyway, I've dealt professionally with my share of attorneys and I've seen all levels of competence from highly qualified, knowledgeable professionals to babbling idiots. Incompetent defense attorneys have sent there own clients to prison.

I understand it's frustrating, but don't throw your hands up over the comments of one lawyer. He may not know what he's talking about or may not want the case and you have no way of knowing.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:08 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:217
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

The entire problem is where is the money for an attorney. If the OP handed a $5000 check to an attorney, he would knock himself out taking the case. The problem is the OP doesn't want to spend more money for something Ram should be fixing on time and for free. So the attorney takes the case for nothing, he wins and the OP gets a new truck, gets his money back what ever, who pays him when its all said and done? Chrysler isn't going to want to pay him. If you take them to court and recover attorney fees, how long does that take?