DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1945
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ramsportellis View Post
First off I ordered the correct kit for the 2012 324s kit which still came with the wrong brackets ! ,my lift was installed by a local rcx rep shop , and also I fought with rcx for 3 weeks to get them to tell me they had a 3rd set of diff brackets for the 2012 . so I did all the research and they still fuxxed me over . it not like they owned up it right away I was left to pay for the install of all the parts my self . So they were well aware of the problem with the front diff brackets were wrong for the 2012 kit . since this I know of several people that had these issues , if it wasn't for my dad being a mechanic I would most likely would have ruined my front diff if I had left the front brackets in place du to lack of oil lubrication the front diff bearings since it was pointed up so high , and rcx recommended I leave the brackets with the 324s kit installed even though they went threw the process of engineering another 3rd set of diff drop brackets for the 2012 kit . So yes I feel all the right to diss RCX when it comes to this kit you pay for a product u expect to get something that's not only looks good but functions correctly also . As for the rear well this is another common issue with the 2012-2013 . I have had several pm's on this issue most people contribute it the pinion angle which in my case was to high , after adjusting the new adjustable control I was able to get it a lot better but even to this day I still have a shutter in my rear drive shaft that I have no choice to live with . And as for driving my truck while I had the shutter well when u have a $50000 truck its nice to be able to drive it ,I had no choice I had to get to and from work even with the shutter , . Most people that get in there truck and don't understand anything about whats going on back there may have never noticed the issue . Bottom line RCX hasn't done enough real world testing on this kit on the rams , I highly doubt RCX actually put this kit on a truck and drove it for 50000kms or so and noted the problems that came up . This has been nothing but a headache and I worry whats to come . And in my opinion none of these problems were my fault ! I am sure if u went threw this u would completely understand .. But again thats your opinion which in most cases is better kept to yourself !
Totally agree that RCX handled your situation terribly. No argument there. IMO they should have been on the phone with you immediately, figured out exaclty what you needed, and shipped it out to you right away at no cost. As far as paying the labour goes it's a bit of a hard argument there. I'm not sure of many companies that would pay for the labour in a situation like that. But either way, the problem should have been resolved in a day or two, not a few weeks.

As far as both pinion angle problems go your install shop definitely should have caught that. Any shop doing work like that should have the know how to see what is right and what is wrong. So I fully take the fault off you on that one (I thought you installed the kit yourself)... it's your shops fault. Honestly you should have made them change out the parts for free labour since they didn't catch the problem. Especially because they're an RCX shop.

I agree that when you have a nice truck you want to drive it, but if you know it has a problem it's still not worth the risk. Even to get too and from work... is there nothing else you could have done like borrow a car from someone for a bit or something? So yes obviously that's a shitty situation to be in but like I said, it was avoidable.

I'm sure that RCX doesn't put as much time in testing these kits as we would like... but can you really expect them too? Look at how many kits they produce for so many different vehicles. We live in a society where people want something right away and they want it cheap. So RCX works to get the kit out as soon as they can to satisfy the customer without putting months into testing and then save the cost of that as well to keep the kit cheaper. Plus from what I've seen (and your truck is a good example) they aren't all built exactly the same. So there's no possible way for RCX to make a kit that's going to work 100% correct for every single truck if the trucks aren't coming built the same from the factory.
All that being said, I'm sure they do put some time into it and are fairly confident in what they have or they wouldn't have a lifetime warranty. But they could definitely be a lot better in the customer service side of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadster21 View Post
knowing len and the truck i think youre wrong here bud, he did everything he could have done, people dont have time to check part numbers lol well atleast i know i dont and neither does len. it was installed by a recognized shop... an actual suspension shop.... the kits are shit no doubt about it. wait and see youve been lifted for how long? ive had mine in for well over a year now and it slowly starts to get worse. luckily i havent had as bad as luck as len lol. you seem to know your parts and all that shit pretty good but clearly havent done much testing with lifts or had many lifts.
Well first off... if you don't have time to check a few part numbers when you're installing something as big as a suspension lift you really need to rethink what you're doing. As Len said, you guys have $50,000 trucks... I'm pretty sure that's worth the time to check a few numbers and make sure they're right before just slapping it on there.

As I mentioned in the response to Len, his shop should have caught a few of the issues he had. Sure they might be a Suspension shop, but that doesn't make them good at what they do. If they couldn't look at that and realize his pinion angles were way off, they shouldn't be working on a truck.

It's true that I haven't had my lift installed long and haven't done much testing between different brands but I've talked to lots of people who have been running the RCX kit and lots having nothing but good things to say about it. Both Andrew (fastNugly) and Tyler (Ram725) are prime examples. How long have/were both those guys running the kits with absolutely no problems? And there's tons of other guys in that same boat. So to go and say that RCX is complete shit and all their kits fall apart is just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadster21 View Post
hey Len make sure you check in with the kid from bc next time you have an issue cause he has an answer for everything
Obviously you're being a bit of a prick with this comment but I'm going to go ahead and say go for it. If you guys or anyone else has an issue with some of these things go ahead and take a couple pictures and send me a PM with the problem. I can at least try to help you out as well as I can. That's what the forum is for....

Quote:
Haha he sure does , But I am sure in a few mths when his truck starts falling apart his opinion will change ..
Again, this could be true. My opinion might change. But I also know I took a bit of a risk getting the cheaper RCX kit rather than stepping up to a BDS (or other higher brand) kit.
Like I said above, there are quite a few guys running this kit with absolutely no problems so I can just hope that I'll be one of those guys. Unfortunately both of you (especially you Len) have run into a number of problems with it....

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2013, 05:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: true blue pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:90
2012ramsportellis will become famous soon enough

I have been looking into the bds kit . From what i have read there are no issues with this kit . Bit more expensive but you get what you pay for . Just wish that i went with the bds kit in the first place .
Old 08-02-2013, 03:08 PM

The average truck owner could not care less to even inspect there undercarriage for things such as work bushings / sagging springs , shakes or wobbles etc... most people get in and if the struck starts and moves that good enough , I honestly think if more people were like me and chad and were picky about making sure everything is looking good and running good there would be a lot more guys with RCX kits with issues ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Totally agree that RCX handled your situation terribly. No argument there. IMO they should have been on the phone with you immediately, figured out exaclty what you needed, and shipped it out to you right away at no cost. As far as paying the labour goes it's a bit of a hard argument there. I'm not sure of many companies that would pay for the labour in a situation like that. But either way, the problem should have been resolved in a day or two, not a few weeks.

As far as both pinion angle problems go your install shop definitely should have caught that. Any shop doing work like that should have the know how to see what is right and what is wrong. So I fully take the fault off you on that one (I thought you installed the kit yourself)... it's your shops fault. Honestly you should have made them change out the parts for free labour since they didn't catch the problem. Especially because they're an RCX shop.

I agree that when you have a nice truck you want to drive it, but if you know it has a problem it's still not worth the risk. Even to get too and from work... is there nothing else you could have done like borrow a car from someone for a bit or something? So yes obviously that's a shitty situation to be in but like I said, it was avoidable.

I'm sure that RCX doesn't put as much time in testing these kits as we would like... but can you really expect them too? Look at how many kits they produce for so many different vehicles. We live in a society where people want something right away and they want it cheap. So RCX works to get the kit out as soon as they can to satisfy the customer without putting months into testing and then save the cost of that as well to keep the kit cheaper. Plus from what I've seen (and your truck is a good example) they aren't all built exactly the same. So there's no possible way for RCX to make a kit that's going to work 100% correct for every single truck if the trucks aren't coming built the same from the factory.
All that being said, I'm sure they do put some time into it and are fairly confident in what they have or they wouldn't have a lifetime warranty. But they could definitely be a lot better in the customer service side of things.

Well first off... if you don't have time to check a few part numbers when you're installing something as big as a suspension lift you really need to rethink what you're doing. As Len said, you guys have $50,000 trucks... I'm pretty sure that's worth the time to check a few numbers and make sure they're right before just slapping it on there.

As I mentioned in the response to Len, his shop should have caught a few of the issues he had. Sure they might be a Suspension shop, but that doesn't make them good at what they do. If they couldn't look at that and realize his pinion angles were way off, they shouldn't be working on a truck.

It's true that I haven't had my lift installed long and haven't done much testing between different brands but I've talked to lots of people who have been running the RCX kit and lots having nothing but good things to say about it. Both Andrew (fastNugly) and Tyler (Ram725) are prime examples. How long have/were both those guys running the kits with absolutely no problems? And there's tons of other guys in that same boat. So to go and say that RCX is complete shit and all their kits fall apart is just wrong.

Obviously you're being a bit of a prick with this comment but I'm going to go ahead and say go for it. If you guys or anyone else has an issue with some of these things go ahead and take a couple pictures and send me a PM with the problem. I can at least try to help you out as well as I can. That's what the forum is for....

Again, this could be true. My opinion might change. But I also know I took a bit of a risk getting the cheaper RCX kit rather than stepping up to a BDS (or other higher brand) kit.
Like I said above, there are quite a few guys running this kit with absolutely no problems so I can just hope that I'll be one of those guys. Unfortunately both of you (especially you Len) have run into a number of problems with it....
Old 08-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1893
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I have been looking into the bds kit . From what i have read there are no issues with this kit . Bit more expensive but you get what you pay for . Just wish that i went with the bds kit in the first place .
ya that seems to be the best bet and my eyes are on that too.

although been seriously contemplating just getting new wheels/tires and leaving it leveled. will lift my next truck.
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:19 PM

Ya its a bad feeling to have a brand new truck with a suspension that's not right , after 5 trips to the shop to get my adjustable rear upper control arms set which is trial and error , there is still a small shutter no where near as bad as it first was right after the lift install , but it bugs the hell out of me ... They also checked and measured the driveline angles and when adjusted its either too steep or not steep enough . Last off I was told I have to live with it basically .. If I do lift my next truck it wont be an RCX lift just du to my bad experience . Called them today they are sending me out 2 new rear shocks , and 2 new front sway bar end links . I will say this time around no questions asked just sent them right away . I was told today by mitch at RCX that this a common issue with bushings with this kit . But I would understand if my kit had 50000 kms or so to have to replace bushings but my truck has 13000 kms on it and only 4500kms of those with the lift installed . This just shows the material there using for the bushings . I am also going after a new set of rear coil springs since mine are sagged about 1.5" since the initial install ..
Old 08-04-2013, 08:45 AM

Few pics of my existing sway bar links . I was told by RCX that I don't have there newest design . Hopefully the new ones they have sent out are better . And if your wondering what the white stuff is its just spray lube .

Old 08-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1945
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

The links I have (which are the new ones) look exactly like that just without the rubber bushings installed on the top. The "U" bracket is just bolted directly to the sway bar. You should just be able to take those bushings out as they aren't needed with that style of sway bar link.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 08-05-2013, 10:44 PM

These came with the bushings from RCX , they have a new set shipped out me as of last Friday along with a new set of rear shocks which also have the lower bushings destroyed . Hopefully the new shocks have better quality bushings .
Old 08-06-2013, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

In the Jeep world RCX is known for garbage bushings. But to be fair, so are all of the other bargain priced kits and for that matter most of the more expensive ones too. Bushings are one area that the aftermarket generally cheaps out on. I just take it for granted that when using a cheap lift bushings become a regular wear item that need replaced every year or two.

- DAA
Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 PM

Ya every year or 2 I could live with , my lift has only been on a few mths and only 4500 kms ..