DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: 1500 Big Horn
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
G8tkeeper is on a distinguished road
Default Thoughts on Spray on bed liner

I have a drop in bed liner that came with my truck I'm thinking of ditching that for a spay on.

What does everyone think of spay on and should I go color or black
Old 08-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:11
hemidon is on a distinguished road

Drop in style still let's water leak under your liner, which can get trapped and cause it to rust. Spray in is definitely the way to go. As for color, I would recommend sticking with black, especially if your not going to install a tonneau cover. The suns UV rays will eventually cause other colors to fade over time. The manufacturers have been coming out with new products that are supposed to resist fading much better, but you can't go wrong with black. I got the Reflex spray in liner within the first week of getting my truck, and I love it. Plus the spray in liners typically have better traction which prevents the stuff in your bed from sliding all over the place when you hit the gas/brake.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:48
Mike226 is on a distinguished road

I have the line-x and love it. Plus lifetime warranty on it is kinda nice incase it bubbles or chips.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:35 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Spray on is great. There are other good brands but I would go with linex. I have linex and all my family/friends do and they are nearly indestructible, and life time warranty. Only thing to watch out for is tears(sliding a pallet with nails, etc). They don't cover tears. Sell the plastic liner for $50 too.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Yup, as the other members have said spray on is the only way to go. My Dodge is the first truck I've had one in and I'll never go back to any other kind of liner. Anyone I know who has a plastic liner and see's my spray in wants to get it immediately.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 08-02-2013, 12:10 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Trim Level: 1500 Bighorn
Color: Black
Rep:54
MrPiper will become famous soon enough

This thread can end here. Every post above is correct.

+1
Old 08-02-2013, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: 2010 R/T RAM
Trim Level: R/T
Color: BLUE
Rep:263
will36 is a jewel in the roughwill36 is a jewel in the roughwill36 is a jewel in the rough

Just have them spray to the side of the bedsides.

I have seen them spray the bedcaps and the inside edge of the bed where the outer skin is welded on. This is a bad idea . If you ever wreck it or jack knife a trailer into the side and need a bedside skin. It is hard to deal.

DuPont now makes a tintable bed coating . You just add basecoat. Looks sweet. I can get you a part # if you would like.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Line-X & had it in my last truck too

if i didn't carry 2 very large toolboxes, that are bolted to the bed
i would have looked hard at the BEDRUG, as a alternative

http://www.bedrug.com/
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 08-02-2013, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

I also vote for the spray in, I’ve had the plastic liners and I’ll never go back.

I have used both the line-X and the Armor Thane and I actually prefer the Armor Thane (which is what’s currently on my ram.) I found the Line-x hardened after a couple of years and is very abrasive, it’s why they claim its non slip… but if your stuff slides in the bed it gets scratched up. The Armor Thane is more rubbery and can be sprayed on thicker than line-x and almost feels like a textured rubber mat. I have inch thick on the bed and 1/8th on the sides. Plus it looks shiny when its clean while the Line-X goes Flat black pretty quick.

It’s entirely up to you, but I highly recommend calling around town and looking at both products before making the investment… After all it’s a permanent mod.

Here are the links to both brands:

http://www.armorthane.com/ http://www.linex.com/

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps
Old 08-03-2013, 02:24 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue
Rep:133
fudrock will become famous soon enoughfudrock will become famous soon enough

My truck came from the factory with a spray in liner and I'm pretty on the fence about it. I can see why some guys love it. It's definitely superior to a drop in. I sometimes have to haul heavy ass shit and sliding them across the textured surface is a big no no. As soon as I can stomach dropping more money on my truck, I'm gonna give the Bedrug a go.
4" BDS Lift Kit w/ 3" Rear Coil Springs and Fox Shocks - Bilstein 5100 Shocks @ 2.1 - 20x9 XD Badlands -12 Offset - 35X12.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ - WeatherTec Digitalfit Floor Mats Front and Back - Bakflip VP - 18" Magnaflow Exhaust - Debadged - Smittybilt/NFAB Stainless Nerf Bars - - Bully Dog GT - 2013 OE Projectors - Cabin Air Filter