I changed out the lower left last night - didn't quite have the stamina to tackle the other lower one after that! Hardest part really was figuring out which adapters would work best. I found that one thing is indispensable - a cheater pipe. Turning the shaft on that clamp to press in the new joint takes some horsepower, even with a 12" Crescent wrench.
Yep, the fact that I've had them done before is what led me to go it on my own this time. I did not want to mess with the rivets on the OEM ball joints the first time.
I'll probably do the lower right this evening - should go more quickly now that I have the adapters all figured out. Both uppers are bad also, but I'm gonna just pay someone to do them because it looks like the upper control arm has to come off in order for you to have room to work on them. Rather let a pro do that and then align the thing.
Ah Luv Muh Truck!!
Last edited by DaSOB; 08-08-2013 at 09:37 AM.