DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road
Default ARBITRATION - anyone done it, have tips

My thread of my day old 65 mile 2500 is getting long and I want to know about arbitration. Lawyers won't touch this, I called. Lemon law has turns to protect the dealer. The dealer and Chrysler say THEY ARE SEARCHING FOR A TRANSMISSION (2.5 weeks now) and neither have any results. Dealer said - you never asked for a new truck, ok, we'll look for one - still nothing. I need this truck and no one is doing anything but lip service. So does arbitration produce anything for the buyer, or just end the deal for the dealer so he doesn't have to buy a new truck. Insight is appreciated. Ed
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
Designflaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semlohde View Post
My thread of my day old 65 mile 2500 is getting long and I want to know about arbitration. Lawyers won't touch this, I called. Lemon law has turns to protect the dealer. The dealer and Chrysler say THEY ARE SEARCHING FOR A TRANSMISSION (2.5 weeks now) and neither have any results. Dealer said - you never asked for a new truck, ok, we'll look for one - still nothing. I need this truck and no one is doing anything but lip service. So does arbitration produce anything for the buyer, or just end the deal for the dealer so he doesn't have to buy a new truck. Insight is appreciated. Ed
I've arbitrated in business but never for a truck or against a manufacturer. Researching on line is about the best recommendation I can think of. One thought though is contact who your financed through and maybe try to pull them into the fight. Generally if it someone the Dealer works through might help at least get people asking questions. its a long shot but as the little guy I would grab everyone I could and at this point "New Truck" should be all you say, or "cancel the deal". Maybe you'll get out of it and can go buy another truck, or at least it may rush the repair to yours, and even then I would be saying "Free Lifetime warranty"

One other thought, have you called your State Attorney General? I got into a battle with Allstate, I won't bore you with details, but I called the AG, and the State Insurance Commissioner and by the end of the day Allstate saw it my way.

Good luck

Last edited by Designflaw; 08-07-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:46 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

Yes I called MS ATTNY GEN and was told flat out attorneys won't touch it because it has to go through arbitration - and I have to use TN arbitration. New trucks that match this sucker are 400 miles away, Memphis just doesn't sell these big things. My 1st Ram C/S guy who set up my case DID give me an unlimited power train service contract with zero deductable - DARN GOOD!. Complete coverage for the engine, transmission and power train - but nothing in writing. After I went above him to Doug Betts, senior vp of quality, and got one of his reps, that offer vanished. And the original rep won't return my calls. VP rep offered me 7/100000 bumper to bumper max care but I'm already paying for the 5/100000 bumper to bumper - so I get nothing other than they will reimburse me for my 1st month payment! My long link is "65 mile transmission" under general discussions and it's like a LOOONNNGGG soap opera. I just continue to get NOTHING but we're searching for a transmission.

I'm wondering if arbitration stops everyone from the nothing they're doing, gives them an out to just stop. I was told my the ATTNY GEN that it doesn't cost me anything. And if I did just get out of it I'd still be hunting another truck without a trade ( they sold it)- so I might as well stay with what I have and let them pay for it. Wish I could do a good youtube vid, those tend to get attention. If they did give me a longer warranty, they'd honor it like they are now. I mean, the truck was mine from about 3pm July 20 till it died at 8:30 July 21 and had 65 miles on it!!! And they can't find a transmission in 2.5 weeks. Off topic, just wondering about arbitration and if anyone has done it. I'm in a mess.

I did tell my dealer I WANT A NEW TRUCK, but I'm having to try and find an exact one. I'm not taking what they want to hand me like in VACATION and the GRISWOLD FAMILY TRUCKSTER , metallic pea, the youtube link..hahahahaha, what I'm told, we want to make you happy....

I want my exact truck, maybe change from bright white to Black Gold 2 tone, but nothing else changes.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Try contacting a lawyer that does deal with the Auto world, there are a few. You would be surprised at what a letter to the dealer on the ATTY letter head will do for there slow reaction.

A few other things to keep in mind, you keep saying you are mad at the dealer, why? Chrysler is the one that has to furnish the transmission, and authorize a new vehicle, etc. The dealer is actually very limited in this (hence the ATTY letter that they get to send up to Chrysler!). You are right to be angry, but be angry at the right individuals.

I recently waited 5 weeks for a replacement shock....seriously. My service writer was pissed too. He could run across the street and buy the shock at the local auto parts store, but Chrysler wouldn't let him. If he had, Chrysler would not have reimbursed the work or cost.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Rep:177
richmond has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond has a spectacular aura about
Default Yes

I have. Not for anything like a truck though. First point. DO NOT publish this stuff. If Arbitration fails, the attorneys can seek all records associated with this issue (from this site) and fragment it, in their favor.

Let me think about it and I can get feedback to you. Shut down public conversations (ADVICE only).

If you can PM me do so and I will try and give you some pointers via Email.

I was arbitration in nuclear power. R...
Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

On the topic of your extended warranty, couldn't you cancel the one you bought and take the one they are currently offering?

Of course none of that will fix your truck now, but it is a thought if you end up getting stuck with your current truck and not a new replacement

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Old 08-07-2013, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

every thread i have seen on arbitration always say you want an attorney to handle this. have you tried to contact an attorney in the state you bought from?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Rep:177
richmond has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond has a spectacular aura about
Default Arbitration

ARBITRATION: the hearing and determination of a dispute or the settling of differences between parties.

Framework; Key words

Agreement (sales contract, warranties, verbal/oral commitments).

Grievance (loss of personal use, loss of business use, aggregate loss).

Points of contention (from the Agreement).

Proposed Remedies from seller.

Proposed Remedies from buyer.

Arbitrator (by agreement of all parties)

Suit (the act of suing) when neither party can agree on arbitration (may include class action of which many attorneys would leap on).

Parities involved

Manufacturer
Second party seller
First party buyer
All year class buyers (class action)
Temporary replacement vehicle provided by seller or sellers agent(assuming equivalent use)

Sounds interesting. R...
Old 08-07-2013, 10:41 PM

huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

op, did they ever tell you what the strange stuff they found inside was? next time you talk to corp, throw around the sabotage truck, as i recall, back in the very early seventies, this would stop every one their tracks and get you what you want. worth a shot.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 PM

op, read your reply in your other thread.