DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black/Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mikeysotp is on a distinguished road

Anyone have a link to the article? I took a quick look and couldn't find it….
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 AM

Vehicle: White 2013 QC 4x4 BigHorn
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: White
Rep:14
Irv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
C&D is not in bed with GM.
One wouldn't think so, but I am sure there are some behind the scenes games going on from time to time if you know what I mean.

This article has the Ram out in front, go figure?
http://special-reports.pickuptrucks....eleration.html

Personally, the only place I get my info from when it comes to reviewing something I want or need, is from these forums.

Truck of the year, articles written above, TV ads etc etc etc, don't mean much to me when it comes to my purchasing decisions as I feel nothing beats real world reviews that one can normally find on these forums.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:13 AM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

I will be sticking with the RAM.....Hands down.....Had a look at the new Chev's and GMC's.....Its nice to see them updated however with that said there were things that the RAM had over both Ford and GMC.......

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 08-09-2013, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by N901 View Post
Read this yesterday and here is the video. http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...longhorn-video

Granted I'm biased with my longhorn and I really do like the Ford (almost bought a platinum) but last place... come on.
Who is best is a moving target by model year, always has been and likely will continue. Here is my opinion and before I blab it out I will tell you I am a retired GM powertrain engineer and currently work for a Tier one suppler supporting Ford vehicle body electronics. I bought what was best for me.

We had a new 2014 Serra in our shop, ignoring the styling of the vehicle, I didn't care for the cheapness of it, door closing, interior finish and fit and monotone looks, items like that. Just when I though GM could not cheapen up the GM truck line they re-introduced in 2008, they surprised me. Looks like GM is still chasing the profit and not the quality.

Ford I liked and looked at them seriously but found that dealers around here were very proud of the F150 line, a turn off to me.

My take is this, the 2014 GM trucks fell well short of competing with the current F150's and miles behind the new RAM. Even Ford will need to pull out a rabbit to match the RAMs.

After test driving all of them, the RAM stood out with interior comfort, a very quite cabin, smooth ride, and excellent handling. The aesthetics of the RAM's interior won me over, I spend all of my time in the vehicle, it is important to me to feel at home inside my truck. The GM 2014 interior reminded me of old style Pontiac's with red back-lighting, oh please!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

One thing on the video that made me laugh is when they were slamming the doors and hood and everything flapped around on the Ford. That annoyed me so much with the '13 F150 I had. Granted it didnrt mean a whole lot when it comes to durability but slamming the drivers door on the Ford will make you cringe by both the sound and shaking sheetmetal.

That and with the factory FX4 running boards if you hit any puddle in the rain it sounded like someone taking a high pressure hose to the bottom of the truck, once again not a major issue but all those things stood out after making the swap from a '12 Ram to a '13 F150.

I'm not brand loyal at all, after a fiasco with a new 6.0 powerjoke diesel I swore I would never buy another Ford truck. Had an '11 and '13 Mustang GT and was pretty impressed with the quality, between that and the Mike Rowe commercials and the promise of better gas mileage I went to the Ford for '13 - huge mistake and it cost me. But i'm happy to back in a Ram..
Old 08-09-2013, 10:43 AM

Vehicle: 2013 ram crew cab Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport/laramie
Color: Black beauty
Rep:43
RAMinator13 is on a distinguished road

Motor trend deff does a better equal job of comparison... im curious to see what the 2014 truck of the year will be.... ive watched multiple videos and the 2014 chevy woth the 5.3 gets beat pretty good on 0-60 by the ram sport!!!!!
2013 RAM CC Sport 4x4 - 6spd 3.55 Anti-spin diff. MODS: 35x12.5r20 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ - Rough Country Level 2.5 front & 1.5 rear - k&n drop in - Magnaflow Magnapack 4x14 & Magnaflow True Flow Y pipe with Full spec. STAGE 5 Driver Mod
Old 08-09-2013, 11:27 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Prairie Pearl Clearcoat
Rep:132
mrolow will become famous soon enoughmrolow will become famous soon enough

I had a chance to drive a new Chevy as a rental when my Ram was getting serviced. I put only about 50 miles on the Chevy and glad that was all. The truck did not feel like a "truck". I could not wait to get back into my Ram
Old 08-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 RAM Laramie 1500
Color: Black
Rep:10
brian-nicola is on a distinguished road

Well opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. Here's mine. I owned several Silverados since 2005. This year came time for a new truck. I saw a 2014 Silverado at the car show and was unimpressed. All they did was pretty it up a bit and put in that CUE display system, which is fraught with issues. My wife traded in her SRX for the 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT (she needs 500hp to get to work now). I was floored at the quality, fit and finish of Chrysler. I looked at RAM and fell in love with my 2013 Laramie. IMHO, RAM beats Chevrolet hands down in every respect.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: Ram
Rep:76
Grimass will become famous soon enough

Don't listen to truck reviews, until people realize how to review trucks.

15 years ago, if you told people that $50k 1/2ton luxobarge trucks would be common, they would of laughed at you, and said you were insane.

In those 15 years, Trucks have changed drastically. There are now 3 completely separate truck demographics -- People who need trucks, people who kinda need trucks and people who just want a damn truck.

Really, it is IMHO that the 2007 Toyota Tundra changed the game for ever. Toyota put out a truck that drove like a car 99% of the time. It didn't shatter any sales records -- but manufactures started to that market of people who sorta need a truck, and people who just want a nice truck exists.

Since then, really, Ford is the only manufacture that errors more on the side of "Make it feel like a Truck" -- And they do that Well. Toyota has gone full 'Drive like a car' -- Chevy is heading that direction with the 2014, and Dodge has been heading that direction the last few years as well.

And Guess what, you're seeing more Dodge/Toyotas in driveways that use to have 4-door family cars/SUV's, and I expect to start seeing more silverado's joining them too.

This is where the reviews have problems. They never split these demographics. Seriously, have you EVER seen a truck article talk about baby seat fitment in the same breath as which nav has the most offroad trails on it? Nope. Or, ever talk about which one is easiest to carry groceries in? Nope. Trucks demographics are more diverse now than ever -- but yet truck reviews are not.

My issue is this. Trucks demographics are splitting. What is best to tow a 10,000lb boat every week is not the best truck for taking a family of 4 to soccer practice every day and tow a 10,000lb boat once a year. Depending on which side of that need you're on, the "Winner" of a truck comparison differ greatly.

What will really be interesting is seeing how the 2014 RAM w/ Diesel stands up in reviews. If it gets a legit 20/25 like they claim, You'll really start to see an interesting demographic of people buying trucks who you never thought would.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:54 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimass View Post
Don't listen to truck reviews, until people realize how to review trucks.

15 years ago, if you told people that $50k 1/2ton luxobarge trucks would be common, they would of laughed at you, and said you were insane.

In those 15 years, Trucks have changed drastically. There are now 3 completely separate truck demographics -- People who need trucks, people who kinda need trucks and people who just want a damn truck.

Really, it is IMHO that the 2007 Toyota Tundra changed the game for ever. Toyota put out a truck that drove like a car 99% of the time. It didn't shatter any sales records -- but manufactures started to that market of people who sorta need a truck, and people who just want a nice truck exists.

Since then, really, Ford is the only manufacture that errors more on the side of "Make it feel like a Truck" -- And they do that Well. Toyota has gone full 'Drive like a car' -- Chevy is heading that direction with the 2014, and Dodge has been heading that direction the last few years as well.

And Guess what, you're seeing more Dodge/Toyotas in driveways that use to have 4-door family cars/SUV's, and I expect to start seeing more silverado's joining them too.

This is where the reviews have problems. They never split these demographics. Seriously, have you EVER seen a truck article talk about baby seat fitment in the same breath as which nav has the most offroad trails on it? Nope. Or, ever talk about which one is easiest to carry groceries in? Nope. Trucks demographics are more diverse now than ever -- but yet truck reviews are not.

My issue is this. Trucks demographics are splitting. What is best to tow a 10,000lb boat every week is not the best truck for taking a family of 4 to soccer practice every day and tow a 10,000lb boat once a year. Depending on which side of that need you're on, the "Winner" of a truck comparison differ greatly.

What will really be interesting is seeing how the 2014 RAM w/ Diesel stands up in reviews. If it gets a legit 20/25 like they claim, You'll really start to see an interesting demographic of people buying trucks who you never thought would.
Very well put......Thanks for the input Grimass.....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"