DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough
Default Ram CS order access systems sux!

With my current order, whenever I call Ram CS, they can't find my order. Some reps eventually find it, other say there's nothing in there... And why is it they have 3 separate systems to look at? Seems very inefficient.

Just and FYI...

On tonight's try... Rep came forward with some info... not on my order, but the systems they use to look up orders.

Reps have access to 3 different systems... When he couldn't find my order in any of those systems, he asked if I had spoken with a supervisor. I told him no, but 2 of the reps that were able to find my order did speak with their super, to figure out how find my order.

He stated, it wasn't that the reps found a way, within their systems, to find my order. He stated the Sups have access to a 4th system. The 4th system can look up orders, but they need the dealer code... I asked if the system was Insight Logistics and he stated it might be because he had heard of it, but wasn't sure what it was actually called.

So it seems.... my order can only be found in what the Supervisors have access to and there are none in the office after 8pm EST... Kidda blows because I wanted to see if my order had made it to D1 status with an estimated ship date....
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2013, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:71
topgun will become famous soon enough

Why not call the dealer? He was able to look mine up with no issues any time I inquired????
Old 08-16-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun View Post
Why not call the dealer? He was able to look mine up with no issues any time I inquired????
When I get the itch to know, it seems it's always after the dealer has closed... But the bigger question is, why does Chrysler not provide their reps with the info, that they are there to give? It seems kinds of crazy for Chrysler to give the number, on their VOTS site for Ram CS, if they can't look it up...

Last edited by crabjoe; 08-16-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 2014
Rep:10
JamesL is on a distinguished road

LoL multie million dollar compamy can not buy a computer program
Old 08-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 sport CC 6'4"
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Reyther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
When I get the itch to know, it seems it's always after the dealer has closed... But the bigger question is, why does Chrysler not provide their reps with the info, that they are there to give? It seems kinds of crazy for Chrysler to give the number, on their VOTS site for Ram CS, if they can't look it up...

You are probably in just BX status, meaning good order and parts but awaiting dealer allocation. I was in the same situation before given VIN. When you give CS your VON it just allows them to use associated VIN to look at status. If no VIN is established then they see nothing in their "systems". Even a supervisor was unable to check on it for me. Dealer should be able to pull up the priced order confirmation that should show your status code. You should hope to be in BX before reaching D status. I was BX for 35 days before hitting D. D status means they have your parts and allocation. 5 days later I am now currently in D1 meaning I have an estimated build date/ship date. You could also use the contact us from the ram website, they usually were able to find out for me but it will be a generic copy/paste of what i told you about awaiting allocation. If you have already been given a VIN and then they are now unable to find your order, well, that would have me worried. Hope this helps, this is just what I have gathered from my ordering experience so far. Also, I received my first email from Chrysler once I hit D status and then again when I hit D1.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:37 AM

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
rroberts6969 is on a distinguished road

To all you 2014 Ram buyers,give up on the CS system looking for your trucks. Go back and look at all the 2013 Ram truck buyers info on this site as they found this out. Best way is to use your dealer or the direct on line web site where you put in your serial number however in many cases the web site also did not work correctly. Sorry but that's the facts.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:53 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:92
spp will become famous soon enough

All I can say it it definitely needs an overhaul. There was a small issue with germans for a decade or so and things are finally moving again.

Crab, if anything changes with the status of your vehicle, I suspect you will be notified (m-f, 7-ish to 5-ish ).
Old 08-17-2013, 09:51 AM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
With my current order, whenever I call Ram CS, they can't find my order. Some reps eventually find it, other say there's nothing in there... And why is it they have 3 separate systems to look at? Seems very inefficient.

Just and FYI...

On tonight's try... Rep came forward with some info... not on my order, but the systems they use to look up orders.

Reps have access to 3 different systems... When he couldn't find my order in any of those systems, he asked if I had spoken with a supervisor. I told him no, but 2 of the reps that were able to find my order did speak with their super, to figure out how find my order.

He stated, it wasn't that the reps found a way, within their systems, to find my order. He stated the Sups have access to a 4th system. The 4th system can look up orders, but they need the dealer code... I asked if the system was Insight Logistics and he stated it might be because he had heard of it, but wasn't sure what it was actually called.

So it seems.... my order can only be found in what the Supervisors have access to and there are none in the office after 8pm EST... Kidda blows because I wanted to see if my order had made it to D1 status with an estimated ship date....
no one, and i mean no one, couldve had a worse experience with the VOTS system than me, and CS made it worse...for all the reasons you listed plus....I mustve posted a dozen times in here about it, ad nauseum I know....lately, theyve been able to 'find it" and even gave me a potential delivery date of the 19th...monday...interesting, because the day before, the dealer told me 21st.....either way, if it wasnt for a kind soul in here, i wouldve been totally crazy when the VOTS changed my order to different model...and another suggesting i get a build sheet...and another showing me how to get a snapshot of my sticker....far as Im concerned, some folks in here are worth WAAAAY more than VOTS and their CS people....and as bad as their puter system is (which the phone answerers arent responsible for), it was clear that some of them were just plain ignorant, making it up as they went along, or lying outright.....gl 2 all....
Old 08-18-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
All I can say it it definitely needs an overhaul. There was a small issue with germans for a decade or so and things are finally moving again.

Crab, if anything changes with the status of your vehicle, I suspect you will be notified (m-f, 7-ish to 5-ish ).
Thanks Bro!

I was planning on calling my dealer today, but didn't get a chance... Left the house at 7am and didn't get home till 9:30p.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyther View Post
You are probably in just BX status, meaning good order and parts but awaiting dealer allocation. I was in the same situation before given VIN. When you give CS your VON it just allows them to use associated VIN to look at status. If no VIN is established then they see nothing in their "systems". Even a supervisor was unable to check on it for me. Dealer should be able to pull up the priced order confirmation that should show your status code. You should hope to be in BX before reaching D status. I was BX for 35 days before hitting D. D status means they have your parts and allocation. 5 days later I am now currently in D1 meaning I have an estimated build date/ship date. You could also use the contact us from the ram website, they usually were able to find out for me but it will be a generic copy/paste of what i told you about awaiting allocation. If you have already been given a VIN and then they are now unable to find your order, well, that would have me worried. Hope this helps, this is just what I have gathered from my ordering experience so far. Also, I received my first email from Chrysler once I hit D status and then again when I hit D1.
Thanks for your insight, but I already knew how Rams ordering codes worked.... This 14My order is actually my 4th order with Chrysler.

My frustration has to Chrysler not giving their CS reps the access they need to properly service their customers... It really blows when they offer a service to check your order, but can't.

BTW, I'm in D status and have been there for a week now... I got my VIN from Ram CS... One of their reps go it for me, when I called in the past... I'm just getting antsy because my original '13 order pretty much disappeared and I had gotten word that another guy who order a '14MY a week after me, is already D1 status with a estimated ship date of 9/2...