DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Want new exhaust

3K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  shawnu 
#1 ·
Hi guys right now I have the Mufflex 18" muffler and it sounds good but want more sound when I really get on the gas. Looking and getting a Flowermaster super 10 or cherry bomb extreme muffler and going to be going to 2.5" pipe from the muffler back with no res and 5" tips. Any advice on this

#2 ·
both similar set ups with similar sound. I think flowmasters are more quality built than cherry bomb but regardless both will sound good. they will be LOUD.
much much louder than your 18" Maggie. so keep that in mind. a compromise would be a flowmaster 40 or 44

#4 · (Edited)
#6 ·
I want to say the original 40.

#7 ·
I started with the 14" magnaflow and quickly switched to the flowmaster 40. I kinda wish i went with the 10 tho

#10 ·
good choice ill think you'll be happy with that

#12 ·
Have you checked out any vids of the 14"? It's really loud. And sounds great. about 4 times louder than stock if I were to compare it.

#13 ·
To the floor. Are you selling your 18" Mufflex? How Much would you want for it?

How long have you had it or how many miles are on it?

I am shopping for a muffler myself and trying to decide between the 14 or 18" mufflex. I have 2 kids so I am thinking the 18 so they aren't complaining of the noise on long trips. I still want an aggressive Hemi sound so hopefully the 18 can do both.

#14 ·
To the floor. Are you selling your 18" Mufflex? How Much would you want for it?

How long have you had it or how many miles are on it?

I am shopping for a muffler myself and trying to decide between the 14 or 18" mufflex. I have 2 kids so I am thinking the 18 so they aren't complaining of the noise on long trips. I still want an aggressive Hemi sound so hopefully the 18 can do both.

Yes will be selling the muffler have had it for 3 months and about 3000 miles on it make me an offer.

#24 ·
I have an 18 inch dual out glasspack on my express, it has a similar tone to the 18 inch magnaflow I had before, but about 3 times as loud. Its actually fairly tame on the interstate about 70. I had cherry bomb extremes on an 06 mustang gt, they droned pretty bad on that car. I was thinking about super 10 flows, but every car ive had flowmasters on I took them off because of the drone, they do sound damn good though.

#16 ·
..do cutouts..I wanted loud a long while back and ran flow deltas...than the interior loudness drove me nuts and I only drove my truck if i was by myself...I compromised by running a 22" maggie which is like night and day and i can have normal conversations in-cab but when I open the cutouts, my truck will be way louder than anything you'll put on yours...

#23 ·
I have to 44 and I LOVE it its got plenty of growl without being overly obnoxious. I cant stand people that wanna run no muff. that's stupid imho u need a muffler to "shape" the tone go with a 44 with no resonators. I haven't removed my resonators yet does anyone know how it would sound without them with the 44?

#27 ·
I was thinking about switching my flowmaster super 44 to true dual cherry bomb extremes because of rusty tail pipes I have. anyone have try true dual CBE

#30 ·
Hey Matt, tried to send you a PM but it says your inbox is full and would not let it go through. Check your paypal when you get a chance. thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.