DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:21
LostAtSea85 is on a distinguished road
Default "Nice Truck" ~ Share Your Stories

My truck is dirty from an 8 hour drive with a bed full of gear as I pull through the center of the new town I am moving into. Idling at a red light with the windows down I hear a woman scream "nice truck" at the top of her lungs. I smile and give a little kick to the throttle when the light turns green. I pull into a gas station on my way to pick up the keys from the realtor. Heads turn, and a father and his 4 year old son walk towards me. They both stop and say "nice truck," and the father and I stand and talk for a bit in the parking lot before we part ways. I'm in my new town for 10 minutes and already "Holley" has her own fan club.

In the 1 year and 2 months that I have owned my black 2012 Ram 1500 Sport (Quad Cab) I have more moments like these than I can even count. I have been stopped at drive-thrus, gas stations, and all kinds of other places where car guys lurk. I tip my hat to the engineers at Chrysler for building such an attention grabbing looker.

I KNOW I'm not the only one, so let's hear some of your "nice truck" stories.

Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:36
stubie82 is on a distinguished road

I don't really get a lot of "nice truck" from people as much as I do head turns and stares, even with owning a Power Wagon. I don't think people really know what it is. My neighbor thought I painted and lifted my 2010 1500 Big Horn, haha.
I always get a stare and head turn from guys going by in their lifted Cummins.
Actually, I don't know if this is cool or not. I work for a school district and help with the band quite a bit (yea, I was a band geek). They just had band camp and I was opening the field for their parent preview and like 8 of the kids said they loved my truck and were going to beat me up and steal the keys... hahaha.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:246
HemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Most people think mine is a newer one (those who don't know better). They're usually stunned to find out it's a 2003.

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition
Mods list in profile
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Cummins 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:326
the persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the rough

The neighbor kid likes my truck and was asking about how high I lifted it (its a stock Offroad Edition). He and his sister were walking around my truck when I first got it talking about it.

At Lowes, while getting dirt, the guys there complimented me on how clean my truck was and asked if I wanted to sell my rims. I told them $9000 and I'll throw the truck in for free.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Power Wagon ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:87
Trail Whale will become famous soon enough

My wife got rather peeved when I passed by a group of attractive young women a few amongst whom yelled out "whoo, look at that truck!" and one of whom yelled "I love that truck!", made me happy though!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1517
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

I have two stories so far. First, I went to the dealer for the Body Control Module recall. The service place has a wall of windows that looks in from the service department in to the garage where you pull your vehicle in. I pull in (Two lanes inside the building) next to another Ram. I get out and walk towards the service door and I can see two of the counter guys staring at my truck. I get in and one guy says "Wow. That is a nice truck. Does it have a lift in it?" I said "No. It has the Bilstein adjustable shocks up front." The other guys says "That is a nice truck." These guys see Rams all the time.

Second, they have been installing a new water drainage system two blocks down the hill from my house. It is the way I take to work every day. One morning I head down the hill and take a left to drive by the construction. One of the guys flags me down. I stop and roll down my window and say "What's up?" He says "Turn on your blinker again." I turn it on. He looks at it and asks "Is that stock?" meaning the LED blinkers. I said "Sure is." He says "Wow. I had to buy LEDs for my Ford truck. That is a nice truck." This...from a Ford guy.

Still waiting on the chicks to flag me down...
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install • Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" • Vararam Air Grabber • Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna • Dee Zee Tailgate Assist • Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob • Debadged doors and tailgate • Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts • The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges • Exterior Chrome Delete • 20" XD Series 795 Hoss • LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T • Cabin Air Filter • BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 08-13-2013, 02:30 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:159
CaptDuff has a spectacular aura aboutCaptDuff has a spectacular aura about

My old '01 Ram, when I took it in for a trade, my salesman literally called everyone in the office to show off what I brought in. It was truly a beautiful truck, and if it wasn't for the repair bills I would still have her.

My new '13, besides my neighbors randomly saying its a nice truck, I took it to work one day before heading out for vacation, and the security guard kept holding me up asking questions about it and saying how nice it is.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Lariat
Color: Blue-ish
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:118
DRX350 will become famous soon enoughDRX350 will become famous soon enough

My ole '96 is just plain UGLY, but she's purty in her own way; her paint is peeling, her camper shell is a different color, but she's a RCSB 4x4 and has a healthy growl when running.

I was looking for a jeep for my wife, and I pulled in to a used car lot a bit hot, and the salesman whips his head around and just stares, I think "aww sheet, that was a jack move". He walks over, and asks me; "that thing sounds mean, what motor?" I tell him it's a 5.9 with some mods, and how I rebuilt the front end etc...

He ends up offering my $3000 for a truck I had $1500 into, not bad! I turned him down, 'cause all he had were toyotas and fords...

I do get heads turned my way, first for the sound, then for the fact that the hood is up to my shoulder (I'm 6'4")... BIG BLUE
Old 08-13-2013, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport
Rep:21
LostAtSea85 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
Still waiting on the chicks to flag me down...
When it happened to me, the fiancι advised not to let it go to my head...to late

Old 08-13-2013, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:272
h2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the rough

It never happens.