DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:54
Korn3199 will become famous soon enough
Default Compilation of potential problems and annoyances.

Let me start out by saying I love my truck and in no way has my enthusiasm for the way the truck looks and feels been diminished.

However, I'd like to share some of the small issues that I've noticed, just to see if anybody has come across the same thing or has any input on a quick fix.

Truck: 2013 Laramie 1500

1. iPod disconnect. Almost every time I start the car, and always when I use remote start, the iPod will not automatically connect through the media USB port. I have to unplug it and plug it back in. Strange.

2. My whole remote start sequence just seems...odd. It starts up fine, but sometimes the radio begins to play before I open the door, and the A/C doesn't really blast air. It seems like it just uses the same settings that were being used when I shut the truck off. That would be normal in a car with, say, an aftermarket starter. But I was under the impression that the ambient temperature is read on startup, and the truck will heat/cool accordingly. Just to test it, when I got home I shut the a/c off and shut down the truck. A few hours later I hit the remote start and waited about 10 mins on a 90 degree day. When I got in the truck, no cold air. Maybe I'm wrong and the truck is supposed to use the last used settings, if I am, please let me know.

3. Front bumper on the passenger side is low about an inch. I've seen many people have the same issue, just wondering if dealers are fixing them. Have chrome bumpers.

4. Fans under the hood (or so I think) are EXTREMELY loud within the first 20 seconds of putting it in drive and taking off. It's usually only the first acceleration after startup, and I'm hoping its just because of hot weather or something. Anyone experience the same thing? It almost sounds like a wheel rub of massive proportions, but I can rule that out.

5. Either the passenger airbag sensor or passenger seatbelt sensor is all wacked out. When I'm driving by myself, without a seatbelt, the evic will periodically display "driver seatbelt unbuckled". Perfectly normal. It's when I have a passenger that the evic FLIPS OUT and keeps flashing back and forth between "driver seatbelt unbuckled" and "passenger seatbelt unbuckled" almost too fast to even fully read what it says. When the passenger buckles up, all is well. But I haven't narrowed to down to the passenger seat sensor or the buckle sensor.

6. Truck pulls to the left. I'm not even gonna explain this one since there's no point in talking about it lol

Again, I don't want to seem like I'm whining or anything. Just wanted to see if any of you guys have dealt with some of these problems before.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 ram Laramie crew cab
Color: White/silver
Rep:11
Red devil is on a distinguished road

Yeah the whole connect/disconnect of the USB port blows. Other than that, I don't have any other issues you mentioned.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

Ipod/Iphone does the same for me, usb stick sometimes as well. Typical wait for software update thing on a new system, just about the time they get everything to work right they will change the whole infotainment system to something else that doesnt work lol.

If you have the remote start comfort options set to on then it will turn the AC/heat on high along with the heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel. When you get in the truck and push the start button or turn the key it will go back to your last setting. It has to be hot or cold out though, on a 70 degree day if its cloudy and the cabin temp is close to ambiant the AC/heat wont come blasting on when you remote start.

If you dont wear seat belts I believe you can turn the chime/warnings off, something like turning the ignition on and buckle/unbucke the seatbelt 3 times. Google will be your friend on that one. I wear seat belts, if my passenger doesnt buckle up then I get a warning, so it works as it should on mine. Never tried it with both seats occupied and unbuckled, could just be a software thing.

Hemis have a clutch engine cooling fans along with electric fans, when first started they tend to move a lot of air until it settles down a bit. When its cold the fluid inside is thick and it will make a lot of noise, when its hot the bimetal element will tighten and it will have more coupling/noise as well. Also could be the electric fans if its not RPM related, they are pretty loud when they are on high and after a hot soak with the AC on the fans may be on high for a short while. That sounds like what you are describing - hard to tell without hearing..

If you have a good dealer they will fix the bumper, if not they wont or they may screw it up worse.

If the truck pulls to the left, turn the wheel to the right That could be a lot of things, check tire pressure first and off to the dealer for an alignment next..
Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ48 View Post
Ipod/Iphone does the same for me, usb stick sometimes as well. Typical wait for software update thing on a new system, just about the time they get everything to work right they will change the whole infotainment system to something else that doesnt work lol.

If you have the remote start comfort options set to on then it will turn the AC/heat on high along with the heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel. When you get in the truck and push the start button or turn the key it will go back to your last setting. It has to be hot or cold out though, on a 70 degree day if its cloudy and the cabin temp is close to ambiant the AC/heat wont come blasting on when you remote start.

If you dont wear seat belts I believe you can turn the chime/warnings off, something like turning the ignition on and buckle/unbucke the seatbelt 3 times. Google will be your friend on that one. I wear seat belts, if my passenger doesnt buckle up then I get a warning, so it works as it should on mine. Never tried it with both seats occupied and unbuckled, could just be a software thing.

Hemis have a clutch engine cooling fans along with electric fans, when first started they tend to move a lot of air until it settles down a bit. When its cold the fluid inside is thick and it will make a lot of noise, when its hot the bimetal element will tighten and it will have more coupling/noise as well. Also could be the electric fans if its not RPM related, they are pretty loud when they are on high and after a hot soak with the AC on the fans may be on high for a short while. That sounds like what you are describing - hard to tell without hearing..

If you have a good dealer they will fix the bumper, if not they wont or they may screw it up worse.

If the truck pulls to the left, turn the wheel to the right That could be a lot of things, check tire pressure first and off to the dealer for an alignment next..

The option for "auto-on comfort" in the settings isn't working properly. I check the box, it stays checked for 10 seconds, then POOF it unchecks itself.

As far as the fans, they certainly sound like they get faster with the RPMs. This doesn't really concern me since it goes away in under 20 seconds and it makes sense that the fans would blow fast on a hot day while the truck isn't moving. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a strange defect or something.

Hopefully software updates will straighten out most of my issues. Until then, I'm still gonna smile every time I look at my truck lol

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. Much appreciated.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korn3199 View Post
The option for "auto-on comfort" in the settings isn't working properly. I check the box, it stays checked for 10 seconds, then POOF it unchecks itself.

As far as the fans, they certainly sound like they get faster with the RPMs. This doesn't really concern me since it goes away in under 20 seconds and it makes sense that the fans would blow fast on a hot day while the truck isn't moving. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a strange defect or something.

Hopefully software updates will straighten out most of my issues. Until then, I'm still gonna smile every time I look at my truck lol

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. Much appreciated.
Make sure the truck is running when you select the comfort settings, if you do it when its in acc or run without the engine running it will uncheck itself after a couple seconds. At least thats what I noticed on mine. If it still does it there may be something wrong with the A/C, seat heaters/coolers or something else in the system thats preventing it from staying checked.

A while ago I was playing withe the NAV and the radio locked up and all my settings went screwy, I just did a hard reset (reboot) by pushing the vol and tuning button together and holding them until it turns off and it will restart. After I did that all was well.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Rep:10
gjayf77 is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue i check the autocomfort and within a few seconds it unchecks itself.. and my truck is on and running..
Old 08-09-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjayf77 View Post
I have the same issue i check the autocomfort and within a few seconds it unchecks itself.. and my truck is on and running..

Has to be something weird, mine works fine and stays checked or unchecked. Maybe the climate control has to be set to auto for it to stay checked and you have it on manual settings?
Old 08-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjayf77 View Post
Any attempts with figuring this out with the dealer?

Quote:
Has to be something weird, mine works fine and stays checked or unchecked. Maybe the climate control has to be set to auto for it to stay checked and you have it on manual settings?
I would be amazed if its that simple, but it's worth a shot lol
Old 08-10-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korn3199 View Post

I would be amazed if its that simple, but it's worth a shot lol
I just tried it, it will not hold the comfort access settings if its in acc, it has to be on 'run' or started.

Doesnt seem to matter what the climate control is set as, even if its off the checkmark still stays.

Just to be sure you have the same everything, I have the keyless pushbutton on the dash, if you have the key there may be different software.

Maybe a trip to the dealer is in order, might need a software/bcm update or a complete reset. I assume the horn beep for remote start in the same screen works OK?
Old 08-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
I just tried it, it will not hold the comfort access settings if its in acc, it has to be on 'run' or started.

Doesnt seem to matter what the climate control is set as, even if its off the checkmark still stays.

Just to be sure you have the same everything, I have the keyless pushbutton on the dash, if you have the key there may be different software.

Maybe a trip to the dealer is in order, might need a software/bcm update or a complete reset. I assume the horn beep for remote start in the same screen works OK?

I too have the keyless system with push button start. Tried it in ACC, ignition on with no engine, and fully on with engine. All the same. Ill try playing with the climate controls while on all 3, but I'm pretty sure either a re-flash of software or an update will fix this. Not too worried about it now, but when winter rolls around its almost a necessity. And yes, the horn beep options works just fine.