DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-14-2015, 12:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 1500 quad cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Limeybastard is on a distinguished road
Default Pic request and information fender flares

Would like to know if anyone on here as the standard front fender flares OE type on and also the larger bushwacker type rivet style back wheel arch fender flares on?

On my 4x2 I may be thinking of getting wider rear tyres and wider rear fender flares for the back but standard OE size up front flares.

Anyone done this?
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2015, 09:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Woosatch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
Would like to know if anyone on here as the standard front fender flares OE type on and also the larger bushwacker type rivet style back wheel arch fender flares on?

On my 4x2 I may be thinking of getting wider rear tyres and wider rear fender flares for the back but standard OE size up front flares.

Anyone done this?
I know you asked if anyone had done this but are you also asking if it will look right? I know when I ordered my bushwackers there was one odd size that was mistakenly placed in my order. It was obviously smaller but it was never installed so I couldn't say how it would have looked. Are you wanting to go .5" in the front and 1.75" in the back or 1.75" and 2.25"? I think the latter wouldn't be to obvious. Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 1500 quad cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Limeybastard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosatch View Post
I know you asked if anyone had done this but are you also asking if it will look right? I know when I ordered my bushwackers there was one odd size that was mistakenly placed in my order. It was obviously smaller but it was never installed so I couldn't say how it would have looked. Are you wanting to go .5" in the front and 1.75" in the back or 1.75" and 2.25"? I think the latter wouldn't be to obvious. Hope this helps.
Yeah, your idea seems to be better somewhat. As I was thinking about the standard looking OE Mopar ones up front and a larger pocket rivet style in the back. But the idea of have a smaller pocket style rivet up front and a larger pocket size in back sounds good too.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Woosatch is on a distinguished road

Its just my opinion, but having the OEM slick flares in the front and rivets on the back would be a little odd. The Bushwackers are a totally different shape and it would be noticeably different. However, if you matched the paint on front and back flares, it would minimize the contrast or difference.