DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
wolfy53 is on a distinguished road
Smile 2013 Big Horn. New Ram Owner

Here is the full thread over in the 2012 section.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149815

But my dad just got a 2013 Big horn. His first new truck since 1990. Hes so excited. He's such a hard worker. Glad that he got to spoil himself a bit he deserves it

This deal was for a 2012 New yes New Limited. The local dealer had 2 of them on their lot. So my dad and I go in today to buy the truck. Their verbal quote of 40k wasn't going to happen. They wanted 40k after a trade in on a 06 tacoma with 35k miles.... Liars

It was funny the salesmen sat down with us then went to the managers and we could hear them talking. They said what 2012 rams? We don't have any on our inventory. I hear the salesmen explain, they said oh those 2 rams. They aren't on our inventory anymore we moved those over to loaner status. Meaning they aren't on their books anymore.

So they come back with just a joke of a price. 9k off and about 1/2 trade-in value. The new 2013's have 9k off right now... They have no desire to sell this truck. They ask for our price. So my dad writes down he wants the truck for 35, and he wants 15k for his. His actual number is 38k and 13k for his truck.

Funny thing is that my dad last year was just starting to look at new trucks both these limited 12's were on the lot then. The salesmen offered him 10k off over a year ago. Now a year later same exact trucks only 9k off. What a joke.

I know that we ticked him off when I told him "No wonder you still have 2 2012's, you don't want to sell these do ya?" He didn't think to much about that, but its so true. The 14's are on the way and 13's have 10k off even the lower trim level.

This gets the attention of the manager. He is just a jerk. I have seen some bad ones but he tops it. He basically told us to either leave or look at another truck. So we were headed out, they of course came back and and wanted to show us a 2013 in our "budget"

So they let us take this 2013 big horn out for an hour or so. Only offering 5k off the sticker of 42. Way way to high. So he took the truck back after a while with my mom and told them thanks but no thanks way to high still. Too bad. Their "best" offer again... Right.

So my mom and dad head to another dealer here in KC, yeah there are like 9. This one is a good dealer. Anyway long story short, well this part anyway, they walk out of there with a 2013 big horn, awesome truck. He likes the 2013 dash layout better and the tech is just fantastic.

Truck is the early 2013 with the 6 speed. Stickered for 43K They got the truck for 31,000 with 9k trade for their old truck, which was good to great. So out the door was 24K after tags & taxes. So a good 10k better then the first dealer for the second truck within his "budget"

My parents are very happy with the deal. They got a free set of running boards and installed next week. I am going to have his windows tinted for him next week also Great retirement gift from my mom to my dad.

Anyway on to the good stuff a nice pic.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

Enjoy
Thanks fell'as for the advice and time listening to the rant. Crazy crazy dealers.

Last edited by wolfy53; 08-12-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Big Horn QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver 4 x 4
Rep:79
05cr125r will become famous soon enough

that deal worked out great in the end....good for all of you who felt you could get a better deal...very nice looking truck too
Mods; Line X, Bilsteins set at 2.1, Magnaflow 18", Debadged, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Blue LED Interior, LED license plate, Blue LED reverse, Fronts tinted 20 %, Stubby Antenna,AVS WindowVisors,Green Perormance Air Filter, Black Honeycomb Grille Insert
Old 08-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1993 Dakota
Color: Black
Engine: 1992-1991 239ci (3.9L) Magnum V6 180hp
Rep:11
GuyGene is on a distinguished road

Chrysler would probably be #1 if their dealers weren't such jerks!!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

You need to drive that truck to the first dealer just to show that they lost a potentially easy sell. I'd park it in the lot and when the dealer hussles his way to you tell him "this is the truck I was going to buy, I just wanted to compare it to the one I did buy or something along those Lines. Lol. Dealers annoy me anyway. They remind me of door to door salesman who are way to pushy. Kind of like those meat truck guys who insist they have the best steak for the cheapest price and from past annoying experience I stop them before they make it go my door and tel them I don't want any.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks for listening and reading. Glad to know I'm not the only one that finds dealers are either great or not.

When my parents went to the good dealer, they stated that they get most of their business from that large bad dealer. The good dealer used to sell just jeeps, but now they have started to sell rams too. They had a great experience there.

It is a shame that the dealers are so bad, as the ram is just an awesome truck! I agree that it should be #1. The fit and finish is now #1 in my book. And I am very particular. Especially the interior. Its just tops!

I have an 06 ford that I just got. If I could afford a a new truck it would be the ram too I just got a new minivan and don't want two payments. But man these rams are great.

My dad will keep it mostly stock, but any mods you recommend soon? He is getting running boards installed at the dealer he bought it at, just didn't have time. I will get his front windows tinted to match the rears.

Anything else you recommend?
Old 08-13-2013, 06:24 PM

Vehicle: White 2013 QC 4x4 BigHorn
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: White
Rep:14
Irv is on a distinguished road

Anyway on to the good stuff a nice pic.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

Enjoy
Thanks fell'as for the advice and time listening to the rant. Crazy crazy dealers.[/QUOTE]

Definitely pays to shop around, and it is surprising to to hear the amount of people who don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy53 View Post
Thanks for listening and reading. Glad to know I'm not the only one that finds dealers are either great or not.

When my parents went to the good dealer, they stated that they get most of their business from that large bad dealer. The good dealer used to sell just jeeps, but now they have started to sell rams too. They had a great experience there.

It is a shame that the dealers are so bad, as the ram is just an awesome truck! I agree that it should be #1. The fit and finish is now #1 in my book. And I am very particular. Especially the interior. Its just tops!

I have an 06 ford that I just got. If I could afford a a new truck it would be the ram too I just got a new minivan and don't want two payments. But man these rams are great.

My dad will keep it mostly stock, but any mods you recommend soon? He is getting running boards installed at the dealer he bought it at, just didn't have time. I will get his front windows tinted to match the rears.

How about a box liner, tonneau cover and a Eez Zee down tailgate strut?

I added those to mine and likely that will be it for me, other than some factory chrome door guard trim.

Sharp looking truck, tell your Dad congrats.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks for the tips! Yeah its crazy the people that just take whatever the deal is. Boy that can be expensive!

I will have to look into that tailgate strut! Thinking of good Birthday gifts He has on his radar a spray in bed liner. There is a linex dealer here where I live.

I just talked to him tonight he was out showing off his truck! So fun I'm so happy for him
Old 08-15-2013, 03:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Black
DoomzdayJezus is on a distinguished road

So I'm curious as to which dealers these were. I too am in KC and am going to sign for my 2013 big horn tomorrow. I am buying a slightly used(9,000 miles) quad cab, wanted crew but the quad fits my budget a little better.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:06 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 CC
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:38
ILuvaMyTrucka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy53 View Post

Quote:
How about a box liner, tonneau cover and a Eez Zee down tailgate strut
I too would recommend these ^^^. If you do a tonneau you could also add some lights for the box as it will get dark in there with the tonneau closed. You can do this for cheap and there are several threads on here on different ways it can be done.

Some more cheap/free mods:

1. Remove pillar tape on doors
2. Cabin Air Filter Mod (these trucks don't come with one)
3. Debadge - I removed all my badges except the Hemi, and Ram Heads.

Also, give him a congrats on the new truck and tell him to sign up to this forum. Loads of info that will give him MOD FEVER!!! but there are also great dealers on here that give members discounts (Bully's Performance to name one)

Last edited by ILuvaMyTrucka; 08-15-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomzdayJezus View Post
So I'm curious as to which dealers these were. I too am in KC and am going to sign for my 2013 big horn tomorrow. I am buying a slightly used(9,000 miles) quad cab, wanted crew but the quad fits my budget a little better.

Olathe Dodge was the first one that was bad.

Overland Park Dodge was the good one

If you are wanting the crew do it!!! I am 31 and have two kids now and if you ever are going to have people in there get the crew!!! I just got a crew cab ford, yeah if there was a dodge for the price I would have gotten that!

Overland Park dodge was at 33K for his package and that was without some of the incentives.

Olathe dodge was at 42K for the same truck... You get the idea.

Shop around for sure. There are good deals to be had. If you feel the dealer is not working with you then they aren't. Go to another. I have heard good things about Landmark Dodge as well. Never first hand but heard good things.

Good luck.