DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge Ram Bighorn
Trim Level: big horn 4x4
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
whiteknight312 is on a distinguished road
Default Smoked headlights with HID what do you think?

http://www.protuninglab.com/xehidup09ram1.html

here is the link. there are so many choices, projectors and halos and such, I wanted to know if this company is reputable? they say ISO certified housings, so they are OEM supplier. which is really good. any opinions?

should I go projector. these are actually crystal like factory. I have heard some projectors are not great if not factory. crystal lights actually give a better overall light, then add HID and they are super bright!

anyhow, see what you think.
Chris
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
pineau84 is on a distinguished road

I don't have those specific smoked headlights, but a similar set of quads. Right now I have the factory bulb set-up and it is definitely lacking (they were subpar with the non-smoked out interior already). I have a set of recon HIDs on my wish list.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Almost The Way I Want It

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:14
Medic860 is on a distinguished road

Those are the ones I was going to buy with my HID kit. But I figured, if my duals were dim with the halogen why dim the HIDS for the cool tint factor. So I kept the stock housings and ran 35w HID from Retrosolutions.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
Untamed is on a distinguished road

I would run a 50w HID kit if you are getting tinted lights at the least.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:25
krotchman04 is on a distinguished road

Good day guys. Havent posted here in a while but this particular thread struck a nerve with me. Long story short somebody grazed the front of my truck and popped my headlight in a tad bit. Didnt crack it and it still worked fine but it gave me the excuse i needed to by the headlights i really wanted. Went protuning as well. It took a week to get since they were shipped from CA and I live in Ga but anyway I installed them on a Tuesday it rained heavy on Wed and Thursday morning i woke up to 2 inches of standing water in both headlights. I sent a nice nasty email and they were willing to ship me more but at a 200 holding fee on my cc. I didnt fuss but after waiting almost 2 more weeks for them to arrive I finally got them in and no more leaks but the connections were not solid so there was always one that worked while the other didnt. It was always one or the other. After buying a crap load of electrical tape and finally using liquid tape reinforced with electrical tape I think i solved the problem finally. Just be aware. Great prices mean you get what you pay for. I went with the 35w 8000k blued look with the black interior since my truck is the Mineral gray 2012 Crew cab. I love the aggressive look and get nothing but compliments from them but after the headache I have had dealing with them the past 2 months would be inclined to go another route when i finally do my fog lamps. . Just a friendly FYI
Old 08-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:25
krotchman04 is on a distinguished road

Forgot to mention the second set they sent they did manage to caulk before they shipped them which is another reason i had more wait time. Didnt want the fishbowl look a second time around. Its been 2 weeks and so far so good. Still waiting on my refund tho.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krotchman04 View Post
Good day guys. Havent posted here in a while but this particular thread struck a nerve with me. Long story short somebody grazed the front of my truck and popped my headlight in a tad bit. Didnt crack it and it still worked fine but it gave me the excuse i needed to by the headlights i really wanted. Went protuning as well. It took a week to get since they were shipped from CA and I live in Ga but anyway I installed them on a Tuesday it rained heavy on Wed and Thursday morning i woke up to 2 inches of standing water in both headlights. I sent a nice nasty email and they were willing to ship me more but at a 200 holding fee on my cc. I didnt fuss but after waiting almost 2 more weeks for them to arrive I finally got them in and no more leaks but the connections were not solid so there was always one that worked while the other didnt. It was always one or the other. After buying a crap load of electrical tape and finally using liquid tape reinforced with electrical tape I think i solved the problem finally. Just be aware. Great prices mean you get what you pay for. I went with the 35w 8000k blued look with the black interior since my truck is the Mineral gray 2012 Crew cab. I love the aggressive look and get nothing but compliments from them but after the headache I have had dealing with them the past 2 months would be inclined to go another route when i finally do my fog lamps. . Just a friendly FYI
I think they all will leak, I had LEDtails in my Nissan titan. water filled inside. the outer lense was not sealed to the inner housing. So, I got 2 new ones from the company and then I silicon sealed the lip edges.

So, basically I need to do this also with any of the headlights?!! damn. well I figured it would be the case.

Now, Connections, what is the deal with that? I thought these would use the factory light connection/bulbs. Or is this the HID connections? Just wondering what you had to deal with.

I really appreciate your comments, I know you get what you pay for! so what company would be best for these, reasonable, Ill pay more but not the price Mopar wants!!

thanks Chris
Old 08-15-2013, 02:50 PM

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...nzo-Headlights

I found anzo lights. more money, maybe better quality and have the CCFL bulbs. Now, not sure where the high beam is on these. I thought you had to have low CCFL and regular High beam bulb?????

Looks like the one portion on bottom is the turn signal. would be nice to have LED turns there like the 2013 lense.

Chris
Old 08-19-2013, 11:23 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:11
kmease is on a distinguished road

They look good. I cant decide on those or painting the housing lol.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:13 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:88
ty-wa will become famous soon enough
Default Love em

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight312 View Post
http://www.protuninglab.com/xehidup09ram1.html

here is the link. there are so many choices, projectors and halos and such, I wanted to know if this company is reputable? they say ISO certified housings, so they are OEM supplier. which is really good. any opinions?

should I go projector. these are actually crystal like factory. I have heard some projectors are not great if not factory. crystal lights actually give a better overall light, then add HID and they are super bright!

anyhow, see what you think.
Chris
Love those, they look really stock, but love the smoked interiors. Did you get em?